• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Value my PS4 Pro bundle/collection

How much should I be asking for this bundle?

• £100

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • £150

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • £200

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • £250

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • £300

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • £350

Votes: 24 22.0%

• Total voters

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Doenst Ebay suck for the seller when shit's going wrong? I'll have to do my research on that.
Yeah take photos of everything before you pack it all up including serial numbers etc. Just incase they claim it's damaged on arrival, or do the old switcheroo. Always recorded delivery keep receipts of postage.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I really should sell my Pro, I have zero use for it anymore. Just too lazy I guess. But it's also that I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay enough for it to even make it worth the effort. I certainly wouldn't. But with PS5s still being hard to get, maybe they do still hold some value.

Gamerguy84

What country is OP in? You can walk in GS and they will give you $220 if your a pro member for just the console.

I had two of them and traded one in 6 months ago and got $300. Add controllers at $25 a pop and a few games and I got over $400.

For that collection you can get over $300 if in the US.

sainraja

i am getting rid of equipment that I am no longer using and one of the items that will go will be my PS4 Pro with games etc. can you guys help me with valuation?

bundle includes;

PS4 Pro
2x DS4 (red and white)
1 tb seagate external drive

16 games:
The Last Of Us Remastered
Death Stranding
Horizon Zero Down
God Of War
DriveClub
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
Ghost Of Tsushima
The Last Guardian
Bloodborne
Spider-Man
Mortal Kombat XL
In Famous Second Son
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
The Order 1886
Killzone Shadow Fall

so how much should I be asking for this bundle?
^^ Those list of games are physical I take it?
I know stupid question but you never know now! If not physical, I assume you are selling your account with it?

sainraja

If it helps, I sold my PS4 Pro 1TB (no bundled games) for $355. You should be able to get more than that. Although, forcing a bundle might not work in your favor, try to sell the console with a choice of their game and then sell the rest separately.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

The real question is, what firmware is it on?
If it's < 9.04fw, it's worth considerably more than one that isn't, as it is exploitable, and quite desirable.

Either way, sell the games separately. Sell the 1st party exclusives individually, and the rest as a bundle.

All of this on eBay, unless you don't have an established account there.

I do this everyday, trust me when I say you'll make quite a bit more selling it in this manner.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
eBay can be a massive risk. Take pictures of your serial numbers and document everything.

The most common scam is for a buyer to grab your item, claim it's defective, and then ship you back a different but actually defective item of the same type. If you can't back up your claims with proof you can get hosed. Happens on the used GPU market all the time.

Fwiw - I sold my PS4 Pro and one controller with no games around Christmas of '21 for $450 - more than I paid for it. Not sure how different the market is now but if PS5 stock continues to be scarce you might consider waiting until November to list your collection and take advantage of the holiday buying boom.

coffinbirth

eBay can be a massive risk. Take pictures of your serial numbers and document everything.

The most common scam is for a buyer to grab your item, claim it's defective, and then ship you back a different but actually defective item of the same type. If you can't back up your claims with proof you can get hosed. Happens on the used GPU market all the time.

Fwiw - I sold my PS4 Pro and one controller with no games around Christmas of '21 for $450 - more than I paid for it. Not sure how different the market is now but if PS5 stock continues to be scarce you might consider waiting until November to list your collection and take advantage of the holiday buying boom.
No returns.
That solves that problem.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Whatever you do, don't upgrade the firmware OP. It might be more valuable for some people that way.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i understood that reference
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

<3

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
put it this way, if you took all that to C.E.X they'd give you ~£280 for it (i just checked). so i reckon you could get £300-350 easily on eBay but of course you then need to deal with fees/postage. i just sold my PS4 and they took something like 10% and then i paid £11 for postage. i've not had any issues selling consoles on ebay but i get it if you can't be bothered with it.

edit: i thought you meant your PS4 Pro is 1TB. well if you sell a 1TB external drive you'll get a bit more obviously.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Not to hijack your thread...

But I'm trying to sell my V1PSVR with Motion Controls. All in excellent condition except the main box which has some tares I taped up nicely.

300?

The motion controls go for 100+ alone

Again I don't mean hijack..

Any thoughts? Could throw RE7 physical as a bonus at it

In Euro btw

Last edited:

kyussman

This thread reminded me I have a PS Vita in a drawer somewhere......they are probably worhless by now though,lol.

kiphalfton

What you should get versus what some idiot buyer will try and offer you are going to be two different things.

I personally wouldn't take any less than $400 (i.e. my valuation breakdown would be $250 for the console, $20 for each dualshock controller, $20 for the external drive, and $5-$6 a piece for the games).

Ignore all these other people ITT saying it's worthless. I have ~15 years of experience selling stuff on ebay/amazon/craigslist/facebook market/etc.

Bottom offer I would take would be $350, if you're absolutely desperate to sell.

Last edited:
The PS4 Pro is probably worth about $200 and the games you have listed are worth no more than $100 altogether. I'd say ~$300 is a reasonable price to ask.

What you should get versus what some idiot buyer will try and offer you are going to be two different things.

I personally wouldn't take any less than $400 (i.e. my valuation breakdown would be $250 for the console, $20 for each dualshock controller, $20 for the external drive, and $5-$6 a piece for the games).

Ignore all these other people ITT saying it's worthless. I have ~15 years of experience selling stuff on ebay/amazon/craigslist/facebook market/etc.

Bottom offer I would take would be $350, if you're absolutely desperate to sell.
This depends on whether he is willing to piece out his items one by one and wait upwards of 6 months to sell them all or if he wants to get rid of them quickly and sell all items as a package.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
No returns.
That solves that problem.
It doesn't though. At all.

eBay updated their policy a few years back. No returns only applies to buyers who decide they no longer want the item. If a buyer claims a defective item then the return process begins regardless of the sale conditions.

"No returns" is something most sellers should opt for but it's not some iron-clad get out of jail free card.

Do your homework man.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I just paid $500 for 1 ps4 and 2 ps4 pros. All three had upgraded Storage capacity and each had “clean vents” (ie not a bunch of dust around the air intakes). If you could hold on to that set for a while you may make more money when the retail stock has dried up.

If not, 300 is a safe number to get it sold relatively quickly, imo.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I bought the tools to get to the heatsinks (?) Below the fan. There's all the dust. Even bought thermal paste. But I'm to scared to fuck up

kiphalfton

This depends on whether he is willing to piece out his items one by one and wait upwards of 6 months to sell them all or if he wants to get rid of them quickly and sell all items as a package.

Either way it's about the same amount of effort.

You sell them separately and get more, but have to piece it out which is a PITA whether selling locally or online

OR

You wait until you get the right buyer (i.e. deal with lowballer scum in the mean time)

I haven't really paid attention to last gen stuff since last year, when Gamestop for some totally unknown reason was giving $350 for an X1X and PS4 Pro in the fall. Was also getting like $40 for Dualshock 4 controllers and Xbox One S controllers.

coffinbirth

It doesn't though. At all.

eBay updated their policy a few years back. No returns only applies to buyers who decide they no longer want the item. If a buyer claims a defective item then the return process begins regardless of the sale conditions.

"No returns" is something most sellers should opt for but it's not some iron-clad get out of jail free card.

Do your homework man.
FALSE

No Returns=/=No Refunds

First off, I'm a Purple Star seller, so no need for the condescending tone.

Crucial Difference in this type of scam is the inability to perform the titular "switch" without the ability to return. A scammer could only claim a refund for "not as described" if a physical return is not an option. In my experience, which is nearly 900 sales, is this simply does not occur when you clearly state no returns and no sales to users with a certain criteria, aka to shield against burner accounts. I've had plenty of other issues, but this would be edge case if you properly protect yourself. Obviously shit happens though, but no need to live in fear, lol.

This was drive-by eBay advice to a stranger on the internet...I offered him some quick bullet points on how to maximize his profits.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
i am getting rid of equipment that I am no longer using and one of the items that will go will be my PS4 Pro with games etc. can you guys help me with valuation?

bundle includes;

PS4 Pro
2x DS4 (red and white)
1 tb seagate external drive

16 games:
The Last Of Us Remastered
Death Stranding
Horizon Zero Down
God Of War
DriveClub
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
Ghost Of Tsushima
The Last Guardian
Bloodborne
Spider-Man
Mortal Kombat XL
In Famous Second Son
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
The Order 1886
Killzone Shadow Fall

so how much should I be asking for this bundle?
💎
🧐🧐🧐🧐.

with a calculation... the value is £300.

Actually is God price.... but where is Gravity Rush💎💎💎??

Is the most value piece of Ps4... Like a platinum ítem. 🧐💎💎

Rykan

For reference, I've sold my PS4 pro last year with no games or accessories for about 215 pounds. Judging by your bundle, I would definitely aim for 350 pounds if its all in good condition. It comes with two controllers, a large amount of high quality games (what I mean by that is that there's not like 5 different iterations of Fifa) and an added hard drive.

I don't know how much time you'd want to spend on selling everything, but you can easily get 250 pounds for just the hardware + accessories. You'd sell for significantly more if you were to sell the games separately, even if you go as low as 10 pounds per piece.

There's a fairly high demand for the PS4 pro as both PS5 and PS4 pro are pretty hard to find.

Last edited:

Soosa

Banned
I have sold lot of gaming stuff in last 5 years.

Where you sell is (more) important than what you sell.
Like if you sell games on popular auction site, which have mostly more serious gamers and collectors = cheap common games can be almost worthless
But if you sell your games at some "flee market site" which have more of casual gamers and regular folks = cheap games can be sold for 2-5x the "value" often.

Like Playstation 2 games, common games are like 1-5€ at our most popular national auction site, but at this another site that is more casual, same games can be sold for 10-20€
Same with more modern games, ps4 stuff isnt worth that much anymore to collectors&"real gamers", but some families and people whom dont like to check prices = they can pay more than the value is.

I would value your stuff:

Console+controllers+external drive (assuming good condition, no broken sticks etc) = 250-300€
Games as in bundle = 5€*16 = 80€

So for the right person and selling with patience, I assume it would go for around 300-380€, and 300€ for the bundle should be fairly easy to get

another option is to try to sell some of the games for 8-9€/each fast, or for 10-15€/slower sales and then sell the console with few certain kind of games, like adult games/kid games etc.

What games are commonly valued doesnt mean that that is what you can get from them, as an collector it is easy to forget that not everyone checks/knows what stuff is worth of, they have money, the want, they buy

Also it is easier to start from high numbers and get more than trying to sell it for "what I want price".

Like ask 450€, someone haggles it down to 350€ = easier than trying to sell it for 350€ and home they dont try to haggle

Last edited:

Gold Member
OP, just check eBay mate and list it somewhere in the ballpark of the other sellers. Looking at eBay UK the console on its own is selling for about £200 (completed listings) and there are listings for consoles in about that range currently live.

I sold mine last year for £300, which was a day 1 model with 10 games, but it just depends who is selling what that week!

For your bundle, I’d put it on at £350 buy it now and accept a best offer above £300 on a 7 day listing. If no one bites after 5 days and you want to get rid of it you can drop the price a little 👍

Top Bottom