• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valheim Drops new Xbox Series X Trailer, Game Launches on Microsoft’s Consoles in March.

https://wccftech.com/valheim-xbox-series-x-trailer-release-date/
It’s been known for a while that the popular Viking survival game Valheim would be coming to Xbox consoles eventually, but developer Iron Gate Studio has been a bit evasive about when that might be. Well, today we finally got an answer, as Iron Gate dropped a trailer showing Valheim running on Xbox Series X and provided a March release date for the console port! You can check it out for yourself, below.

Well, that definitely looked like Valheim! That said, the console UI looks nice and sharp, and everything appears to work well. Of course, a lot of people already play Valheim with an Xbox controller on PC, so Iron Gate didn’t have to make too big a jump.

For those who haven’t been keeping up with the latest Valheim happenings, Iron Gate has promised to be more forthcoming about future updates, recently teasing the new Ashlands biome, which promises to be a unique volcanic “land of the dead” mashup. Iron Gate is also working on a new story and feature update they’re calling “Hildir’s Quest” – a recent blog post provided some new details about both Ashlands development and Hildir’s Quest.

The trailer is the game running on Xbox Series X.

It seems that the devs are starting to reveal more info now closer to release.

Filben

Game is years away from 1.0 but it's already quite fun when playing with friends and if you're in for this kind of stuff (chop trees, build things). Mechanically, it's doesn't really stand out from the thousand other survival crafting games, but visually and artistically it does look great and has an amazing atmosphere. Really like its vibes, but without a less sandboxy and more guided game mode it's not really my thing.

It's great that it comes to console now, though. Maybe with more budget from Xbox/MS they can increase update speed and/or polish some roughness out of the game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Two questions...

1. Will this version have parity with PC version in terms of patches + updates?

2. Is Valheim controller friendly?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Is better then Ark?
It's different, you don't tame creatures like in Ark. I'd say Valheim is closer to Oblivion x Minecraft x The Forest (if that make sense haha)

It's not because something is not for you that it is "a piece of shit".
Valheim is a very (VERY) solid game that's already been enjoyed by many people

image.png

Two questions...

1. Will this version have parity with PC version in terms of patches + updates?

2. Is Valheim controller friendly?

People who played the game on PC< many played with Xbox controllers already according to the article. So it seems optimized for controller play.

It's different, you don't tame creatures like in Ark. I'd say Valheim is closer to Oblivion x Minecraft x The Forest (if that make sense haha)

It's not because something is not for you that it is "a piece of shit".
Valheim is a very (VERY) solid game that's already been enjoyed by many people

image.png

Just looks choppy. I am very much interested in this game but it just looks off from when I saw it on PC compared to this footage.

Top Bottom