• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V Rising Hits 1 Million Copies Sold In A Week (Gamespot)

kingfey

Banned
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/v...in-a-week/1100-6503804/?utm_source=reddit.com

V Rising, the zombie survival game from developer Stunlock Studios, has surpassed 1 million copies sold after just one week in early access on PC.

V Rising lets you play as a newly awakened vampire who lives in a world populated and run by humans; your goal is to become the next Dracula. Players need to consume blood to gain powers, hide from the sun, and take part in combat on their journeys

V Rising is one of Steam's most popular games by player count, recently setting a concurrent player record of 150,000+, according to SteamDB. Today, May 24, the game passed 130,000 concurrent players to rank as the most-played non-free game on Steam.

Developer Stunlock's previous game, Battlerite, has surpassed 6 million unique players on PC, but that game is free and V Rising is paid, so any comparison isn't perfect or complete. Stunlock is owned by Chinese technology company Tencent, which has many, many investments in Western studios.

Denton

Does this have any kind of well written narrative or is it just another survival nonsense like e.g. Valheim?

Oh, it's Tencent. I don't care about the answer anymore.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Put all chips on the survival genre. We have yet to see AAA give it a go and these low budget games do crazy numbers. The next big genre, no question.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Never had a survival game click for me yet.

It's truly hard, the only two that have done it for me are Subnautica and Grounded... both of which are story driven with preset maps...

I'm wondering if you might be the same in that regard where a less random and more designed experience might suite you better.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's truly hard, the only two that have done it for me are Subnautica and Grounded... both of which are story driven with preset maps...

I'm wondering if you might be the same in that regard where a less random and more designed experience might suite you better.
Thats probably true. I've seen you post about grounded so maybe I'll try it. Haven't downloaded it.

AREYOUOKAY?

This thread made me think Metal Gear Solid V and Rising sold that many in a week.
I hope I'm not the only one because I never heard of this game until now.

I'll give it a shot if it ever releases on console and somehow makes it to GamePass. I've been watching some streams of it and there doesn't really appear to be much of a story if any

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I ended up getting this for 17.99 steam sale. I don't know how I feel, it's oddly calming, due to its slow pace, but frustrated in the no controller support comment by the devs. I am using battletoads configuration for xbox controller and its fine with some minor issues, I feel this game would be great for the steamdeck but no legitimate controller support has me a little cautious. Not sure if to refund or keep.

Shit I'm still playing it. Pretty addicting. 😆

Last edited:
Put all chips on the survival genre. We have yet to see AAA give it a go and these low budget games do crazy numbers. The next big genre, no question.
Apparently the next COD is supposed to have a Tarkov style mode... that would technically be a AAA survival game, but who knows how much work they actually put into it and it's just a mode not a whole game.

killatopak

Never had a survival game click for me yet.
You should try Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Both have Survival mode built into them officially and even mods that completely revamp the systems within that mode. The former only got it recently but it's pretty robust.

It isn't a pure survival game but it's a good way to dip your toes into the genre if you like both games.

Top Bottom