• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using gravity to bend solid metal... introducing a new game, Gravia

I_D

Hard to tell if the gameplay is any good from that video, but those deformation physics are top-notch. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

There's apparently a demo on Steam, too, for anybody interested.

mcz117chief

Hard to tell if the gameplay is any good from that video, but those deformation physics are top-notch. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

There's apparently a demo on Steam, too, for anybody interested.
Force Unleashed (2008) has the same system in place. You had to bend metals, pipes and such to create paths and walkways pretty much in the exact same fashion as in this game. An example and another

Last edited:

nkarafo

The rules don't seem consistent though. For instance, the black hole sucks the pipes and bends them into it but the steam from the pipes is unaffected. And later on the shelves get bend by the gravity but the structure that holds the stairs stays rock solid at all times.

mcz117chief

One of the few games I quit part way through for being a buggy mess, and I’m a fan of Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
Force Unleashed is buggy? Did you play it on PC? I played it on PS3 about 20 times through and I don't recall many bugs, especially any truly crippling ones.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Force Unleashed is buggy? Did you play it on PC? I played it on PS3 about 20 times through and I don't recall many bugs, especially any truly crippling ones.
I did. Maybe it was the 60fps patch, but I couldn’t adjust to 30fps. The last straw was getting stuck floating in the air mid battle.

I’m glad PC gets better ports these days.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
The rules don't seem consistent though. For instance, the black hole sucks the pipes and bends them into it but the steam from the pipes is unaffected. And later on the shelves get bend by the gravity but the structure that holds the stairs stays rock solid at all times.
Yep the gmae would be better called Magnetia but the concept is really interesting and that puzzle game itch me a bit since Superliminal.

GHG

Just checked out the demo, its 10 minutes long or so to complete.

Its a very very early version of the game but it shows off the core concepts well enough.

It's going to need a lot more than what's there if this game is to be successful. It's basic at the moment and manages to make what should be a really creative and cool concept a bit boring and unimaginative. Completely lost me when it introduced "combat".

Top Bottom