• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USAToday: Chick-fil-A wings in new direction after gay flap

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is insulting. They want our money now, so please, if you we can just shove everything under the rug.

I'll eat there and forgive them, but only if they sack Cathy. Or if he, or they match (or exceed!) his anti-LGBT donations to pro equality related organizations.

And I'm not the only one who thought they are gonna serve wings now as well, right?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Sorry, short of starting a group focused on creating and getting pro-gay legislation passed there's nothing they can do to get me to step foot in a chic-fil-a.

Fuck those guys.

Coins

Banned
I have no problem with Cathy believing whatever he wants, and I don't think they should be forced to make any donations to organizations their heads don't support.

The problem I had was knowing my money, if I ate there, was going to help anti-LGBT organizations. If they totally cut out those donations, I'm fine with them.

But you know his profits are just going to be donated to a hate group privately. He just isn't going to do it in the name of the organization. So your money will still fund hate.

Atilac

Yes, way to jump to conclusions. What exactly were you expecting from them as a company? As for the CEO, I don't think they were ever in the wrong.They're entitled to believe whatever they want as a human being.
To just sum it up as

makes you look like a neckbearded manchild. They're admitting that they were wrong. But yes, feel free to twist this around and say "oh, well of course they have to say this" and "it's too late".
They admitted they were wrong about opening their stupid mouths in the first place, not for the prejudice in their hearts. The first post is dead on and accurate.

mj1108

They admitted they were wrong about opening their stupid mouths in the first place, not for the prejudice in their hearts. The first post is dead on and accurate.

This is exactly what it means. It's not them backing off their views. It's them saying "We're sorry we say what we really believe. We really want your money."

CDX

People think he doesn't hate gays now? That's cute. Glad he is going to be throwing his money around less, but anyone who thinks he has had a sincere change of heart is delusional.

I doubt anyone thinks he's really changed his mind or changed his personal views at all.

Though, I do think this will probably upset the bigots that supported Chick-Fil-A, because of Chick-Fil-A's bigotry. The people that never cared either way still won't care either way.

Personally this isn't going to make me want to eat Chick-Fil-A now or anytime soon. But I am glad Chick-Fil-A is doing this, or at least attempting to do this, if only because it's yet another recent public example of anti-gay views not being seen as acceptable to mainstream society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom