• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upload VR Showcase: Summer Edition - VR Gaming Show/Direct June 16 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM BST

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Pistol Whip is ace and a good work out too. I wonder if the deadeye mode (you aim properly like a lightgun game rather than focus on the rhythm while vaguely pointing at enemies) can even work on PSVR though. More content is always great.

Last edited:

Alexios

Survios has a lot to live up to after The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. Hopefully Onslaught will deliver too, they seem to have gone back to the drawing board after S&S blew everyone away since it's taking so long and got delayed too iirc :d

Last edited:

Alexios

Meh, rather have proper FPS instead of this Blaston point blank dueling thing with slow projectiles to dodge. Again some devs need to get over the Wii mini game phase >_>

Not the Office/Vacation/whatever Simulator guys though, those at least seem a bit in depth and have their fans (I'm not among them).

Last edited:
Just cashing in on PS5 hype to get more donors I guess without any flat plan/SDK/whatever to go by.

tbh, PS5 support was already in his Kickstarter last year for the game

I'm just bashing Sony for keeping psvr out of its future of gaming vision

Alexios

Sucks they didn't have anything more from Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record, just some new (I think) art/mock screens in the pre-show bits...

Ah well. This was a minor-ish show after all, nothing like their last E3 and Holiday shows. All in all there's a lot of stuff to look forward to that they didn't necessarily get exclusives on here :)

Solaris looks okay but you can't help but compare it to Echo Combat and so it looks far too conventional and possibly not even as in depth as their own Firewall: Zero Hour. We'll see.

Last edited:
Pistol Whip is ace and a good work out too. I wonder if the deadeye mode (you aim properly like a lightgun game rather than focus on the rhythm while vaguely pointing at enemies) can even work on PSVR though. More content is always great.

I aim downsight in shooting games with no issues.

but I'm not really into dancing games

Sucks they didn't have anything more from Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record, just some new (I think) art/mock screens in the pre-show bits...

Ah well. This was a minor-ish show after all, nothing like their last E3 and Holiday shows. All in all there's a lot of stuff to look forward to that they didn't necessarily get exclusives on here :)

Solaris looks okay but you can't help but compare it to Echo Combat and so it looks far too conventional and possibly not even as in depth as their own Firewall: Zero Hour. We'll see.

I watched their show last year too and it was just as shallow. It's indies and many of the same indies games to boot.

but I'll give them the benefit of doubt because 2020 has been overall a very disappointing year anyway

Alexios

Loon, the Cyberpunk copycat looked kind of decent. Now when does the AAA VR show start!? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Well, tbh I don't even like UploadVR any more, too commercialized, but beyond that I doubt big companies even care for it, so you didn't see Medal of Honor VR, Sniper Elite VR, or Star Wars Squadrons pop up in their shows first, they just show them elsewhere. Same for Oculus own productions.

Even the indie Project Wingman wasn't shown there. See the PC VR thread for more in depth coverage (but that goes for indies too).

Last edited:

Rudius

Most games skipping PSVR. Very unfortunate situation 😢

PS5 and PSVR2 can't arrive soon enough. It must be 2021, same year of Resident Evil 8, which according to the rumors (that proved correct) will have P5VR support.

Alexios

Here's the VR section of the Steam Game Festival for more VR hype :p
Loads of games got demos too.

Last edited:

PS5 and PSVR2 can't arrive soon enough. It must be 2021, same year of Resident Evil 8, which according to the rumors (that proved correct) will have P5VR support.
Yeah that was weird, especially after the Quest's recent success I would expect more pcvr games being ported to psvr. There were some announcements though. Perhaps the psvr 2 will receive more pc games and vice versa, will see!

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Got really excited when I heard "Zen Studios" and I was like: "MOAR PINBALL FX2 TABLES FINALLY! GIMME THE WILLIAMS CLASSICS!"...

tenor.gif

Romulus

PSVR is really gimped by terrible controllers and super small tracking area.

They're finding tricks to the tracking though. I played Iron Man is it was perfect. First game I ever played on PSVR that was. I heard Walking Dead is incredible too in terms of tracking.

INC

I aim downsight in shooting games with no issues.

but I'm not really into dancing games

You dont dance, you dodge, the rhythm is literally that, to time your shots, plus it has shit loads of aim assist, you can turn it off, and its fucking hard as nails then tho.

Theres loads of modifiers, as said before the lack of custom music, kills the pleasure in about 10mins, playing the same shitty tunes (and I like that style of music)

If beatsabre has a custom track lvl maker, no excuse for this not to have it as well, unless they wann sell tracks to you, gtfo out if here

You can put your own music into it, but its locked to the original track you have to replace, so doesnt really work well

Last edited:

ABnormal

Actually I hope this will force Sony to bundle dedicated VR controllers with every headset. It's the very reason for loosing titles which have a mandatory use for them.

PSVR is really gimped by terrible controllers and super small tracking area.

my available play area is about the same size Lol

many games give the wrong impression about psvr room scale: as soon as you lean slightly to the side, they black out the screen (GTS) or something. this is not representative at all of psvr room scale

Raw Data draws a reference visible square on the floor. You can freely walk in that area, it's a 3x3 or 4x4 full steps. I barely can do that without hitting a wall or sofa. Still gives you plenty of freedom in physically grabbing objects lying on furniture or dodging bullets.

Top Bottom