• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upload VR Showcase: Summer Edition - VR Gaming Show/Direct June 16 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM BST

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The preshow is going live now, check back in 30 mins for the real deal (9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM BST).

The Upload VR Showcase: Summer Edition is VR’s official dedicated Showcase, announcing new games and experiences as well as debuting new trailers and features for both the titles you love and the ones you can’t wait to play.

We’ll have new game announcements from some of VR’s biggest studios, like Fast Travel Games. Plus there are updates on some of the best titles to release in the past few years, like Pistol Whip. Oh, and we’ll be getting fresh looks at some of the most anticipated titles on the horizon, like the very first gameplay of Resolution Games’ Blaston and the latest look at Low-Fi. Overall we’ll be showing over 20 games and experiences, so there’s bound to be something to your taste.

We’ll then return to our Upload VR Studio for an aftershow discussion alongside one of our friends from Polyarc, creators of Moss, who are sponsoring the showcase. You better keep an eye out for Quill throughout the show, she’ll pop up when you least expect it!

So, just to recap: bookmark this page because at 8:30am PT/11:30am ET/4:30pm BT we run our pre-show, counting down to the main event at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BT!

Update: It's over, all the separate trailers can be viewed here. It wasn't as big as their E3 and Holiday shows.
Cosmophobia, Vertigo Remaster and Panther VR becoming available in early access were the highlights I suppose.

Here's the VR section of the Steam Game Festival for more VR hype :p
Loads of games got demos too.

Last edited:

Alexios

Solaris is for PC & Quest & later PSVR from the developers of Firewall Zero Hour PSVR so it should be pretty good.

Last edited:

Alexios

Panter VR looked like a great Splinter Cell-esque game from the start, hopefully they pull it off, the updates on the kickstarter page have been pretty frequent.

Last edited:

Alexios

Onward is ace, the best, most intuitive but still realistic weapon handling in VR yet even if the visuals aren't the greatest yet (mostly in terms of player animations really).

Alexios

Ah, first gameplay from the newly announced World of Darkness VR game, Afterlife, noice.

Alexios

nDreams' Phantom: Covert Ops looking great as always...
Not sure if I would play VR horror, maybe try it and nope the fuck out. PT got most of us to nope and that wasn't VR.
There are (at least) a couple VR renditions on PC actually, one stand alone without hand tracking and one as an Alyx mod.

Last edited:

Alexios

No idea what the Star Shaman thing was. Oh fuck new Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners content. Can't wait. Aw it's a wave defense mode thingie. Ah well. The core mechanics are good so it will be fun, hopefully they're cooking up more campaigns and stuff.

Last edited:

Alexios

I think this is The Rig something something, it looks pretty cool.

Panther VR now on Steam

Yah but I'm not touching early access for a while. Or... I dunno. I'm hype for it but rather not deal with jank and I can't trust user reviews, haha, their VR Dungeon Knight game has great ratings but I didn't like it.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
nDreams' Phantom: Covert Ops looking great as always...

There are (at least) a couple VR renditions on PC actually, one stand alone without hand tracking and one as an Alyx mod.

Halloween style, i.e. zombies, vampires, etc., I would play and enjoy... the psychological ones like Silent Hill, PT, etc., I would be on the fence about, lol.

Alexios

Huh, a traditional first person party based dungeon crawler with headtracking. Neat, if superficial.

Last edited:

INC

solaris looked rough as fuck, hope that was shown on psvr, if not looked pretty bad for pc

the cyberpunk VR games really need PS5 power

no psvr tag for Lonn, though they use it on their tweets

Last edited:

Alexios

Dreadhalls dev's new game forgot the title. Edit: Cosmophobia. I think. Looks cool and more in depth.

Last edited:

Alexios

In Death was great, hope the Quest port also brings updates to all versions.

Last edited:

Alexios

Low-Fi stuff. Dunno if this will ever get done but whatever nice cyberpunk grafx.

Last edited:
Operencia may be fine, but isn't it a flat third person game?
Is it anew operencia or the stolen sun in VR?

Operencia is a first person puzzle game and you walk on a grid in the game. It sounds crap but it has some of the most frustratingly fun puzzles since Broken Sword. It was/is on gamepass. Definitely work a play

Alexios

Vertigo 2 (and 1 remaster?). Half-Life-esque parody action adventure from a kid that also worked with Valve in Alyx before getting back to his studies.

Edit: ok so it was just the remaster of 1, haha. Pretty sweet make over. And maybe the first (serious, properly, not cash in like) remastered VR game lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom