• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uplay+ Subscription Announcement Trailer

Mista

Banned

Uplay+ is the name of this new service that Ubisoft is establishing and it’s set to arrive in September of this year, exclusively for PC. Subscribing will allow you to play over 100 different games all from Ubisoft. It will cost you $14.99 per month to subscribe to the platform, which by comparison to other subscription services, seems a bit high.

While Uplay+ will only be landing on PC in 2019, Ubisoft does have plans to bring it elsewhere. As part of its partnership with Google, Ubisoft also announced today that it will be bringing Uplay+ to Stadia at some point in 2020. Further information on a specific window in the year in which it’ll be arriving wasn’t announced.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
3ZL9NpY.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Compare this to Microsoft's Game Pass on PC for only $4.99 a month and it's an absolute joke. Game Pass Ultimate is the same price, so if you have an Xbox the decision should be a no-brainer.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
If you want to know all the games you will be playing with this amazing sub.

They already reviewed all the games you will play in the future

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
last year i signed up for the Google Chrome Play trial for AssCreed: Odyssey and played for a few hours. i only played it for a day or two but right away i started getting emails saying my account login was used elsewhere. i'm still getting "Suspicious Activity" emails from them. most recently someone tried to use my email address to login from Italy.

so no, i won't be using uplay, ever. fuck no.

T-Cake

I'm going to try it. There's a shedload of Ubisoft titles I've never bought/played yet. Perfect for an Assassin's Creed marathon.

Nymphae

Banned
last year i signed up for the Google Chrome Play trial for AssCreed: Odyssey and played for a few hours. i only played it for a day or two but right away i started getting emails saying my account login was used elsewhere. i'm still getting "Suspicious Activity" emails from them. most recently someone tried to use my email address to login from Italy.

so no, i won't be using uplay, ever. fuck no.

But at least you didn't have to swap any discs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What if you like ubi games?
Even if you were nuts about Ubisoft games and bought every one that released, you could probably take that same $15 every month and put it in a savings account to buy the games as they release and have access to them forever. That's THREE full price games per year, or a dozen or more games on sale if you can wait a few months for the prices to drop.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Compare this to Microsoft's Game Pass on PC for only $4.99 a month and it's an absolute joke. Game Pass Ultimate is the same price, so if you have an Xbox the decision should be a no-brainer.

Isn't it $10?

Gamepass that is.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

$15 is too much

If people stop buying games, it might be too little.

Even if you were nuts about Ubisoft games and bought every one that released, you could probably take that same $15 every month and put it in a savings account to buy the games as they release and have access to them forever. That's THREE full price games per year, or a dozen or more games on sale if you can wait a few months for the prices to drop.

Fair enough

Last edited:

jshackles

Isn't it $10?

Gamepass that is.
Gamepass is $10. Gamepass Ultimate (that includes Gamepass PC + Gamepass Console + Xbox Live Gold) is $14.99 per month.

NickFire

With the sale prices and realities of the human condition (time to work, sleep, eat, poop, etc.), couldn't someone buy enough of Ubisoft's back catalog to stay busy all year for the price of 2-4 months of subscription?

Alx

No console support, no buy. I would have paid all year long at $10/month, could have settled with jumping in and out for $15/month, but since they don't want my money, I'll keep waiting for their games to be cheap enough, or given through Gold.

How does that work? You subscribe to Stadia, and then also UPlay? Fuck this nonsense.

Stadia has a free model, where you can just buy your games and stream them. I guess you'll be able to stream the Uplay games with no additional subscription, unless you want the better image quality.

jshackles

Oh gotcha. But no matter what you gotta spend at least $10.
The newly announced Gamepass PC (just PC games, no console anything) is only $4.99 per month.

EDIT: nevermind, increasing to $9.99 per month after the introductory offer

EDIT EDIT: Still $5 / month cheaper than Uplay Plus

Last edited:

Shakka43

Yeah no thank you. Ubisoft and Google are making Microsoft look like heroes right about now.

PS can be have by $70/year now so that too is a much better deal.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
It feels nice to have no subscriptions. I do have amazon Prime but I have that for shipping and price savings, and PS+ just to have online access for fighting games.

I can't imagine having multiple video entertainment subs, music subs, various game subs, and the prices are just going to get higher and higher after they get you by the balls and more shit is added (hi Netflix).

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Its pricey indeed compared to the competiton.

But here's the deal. I barely buy anygames, at 90CAD it better be a game I will play for a long time (BF 5). But throwing down 15 or 30 bucks for 2 months to play a bunch of UBI games sure why not.

same with all the other subs that will eventually drop. You don't need to sub to them all at the same time. Games are to expensive and full of MTX crap these days that I would rather throw down 5-15$ to binge a few games then having to spend god knows how much.

So bring on the subs. As long as I can still buy that 1 or 2 games I know I will play the shit out of, I don't mind having the chance to play other games I wouldn't never drop 90$ on.

Riven326

Banned
Is this the future of gaming? A laundry list of subscriptions that give birth to more subscriptions? Fuck this industry.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Haha. The price. The pc only. What are they doing? I'd have given this a punt if it was on PS/XB like EA Access.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Paradoxically, this mAkes less sense for the big Ubi fans since they presumably already own most of the back catalog. They're only getting the benefit of access to future releases.

One of the reasons EA Access makes sense is that the biggest EA fans buy new copies of the annual sports franchises every year.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It will cost you $14.99 per month to subscribe to the platform
Xt1kN9E.gif

Absolutely ridiculous. I much rather pay $5 per month for Xbox Game Pass for PC which is a lot better and sure as hell a lot more diverse when it comes to games which are not 10-15-20 years old.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
You have some good games Ubi but they're not that good. Seems like it's a giant rip off. I'll keep buying games in the traditional way.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Uplay+ is the name of this new service that Ubisoft is establishing and it’s set to arrive in September of this year, exclusively for PC. Subscribing will allow you to play over 100 different games all from Ubisoft. It will cost you $14.99 per month to subscribe to the platform, which by comparison to other subscription services, seems a bit high.

While Uplay+ will only be landing on PC in 2019, Ubisoft does have plans to bring it elsewhere. As part of its partnership with Google, Ubisoft also announced today that it will be bringing Uplay+ to Stadia at some point in 2020. Further information on a specific window in the year in which it’ll be arriving wasn’t announced.

Excuse me??

:messenger_face_steam:
14.99$ per month???

What kind of joke is this???

:messenger_pouting:

I dont even like Assassins creed games.

Last edited:
Considering Ubisoft games are mostly open world shit this is a pretty bad deal. If I had to choose a subscription service it'd be Xbox Game Pass.

ksdixon

Haha. The price. The pc only. What are they doing? I'd have given this a punt if it was on PS/XB like EA Access.

Aintitcool

Banned
Yeah but EA access doesn't give you all the DLC and other steps Ubisoft might take to make that value seem worth it.

Iorv3th

Yeah but EA access doesn't give you all the DLC and other steps Ubisoft might take to make that value seem worth it.

Ea Access Premier on PC does and it's 100$ a year or about 8.33 a month. You also get access to non EA games and even some new games like Tropico 6 or Darksiders 3 when it was released.

Last edited:
Top Bottom