• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upgrade to Project Scarlett with Xbox All Access

Journey

Banned
I thought this thread was about an upgrade to Scarlett hardware specs.

giphy.gif

Initially me too hahaha :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I just wanted MS to continue their backwards compatibility program.

They can spin it anyway but announcing a BC initiative knowing full well that would be a selling point for the Xbox One family and leaving users in the dust more than 1,5 years before the arrival of next gen was an extremely dishonest move.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
†. Special Upgrade Offer Terms: Upgrading to Project Scarlett is subject to its release and availability at the time you wish to upgrade . Upgrade requires at least 12 full payments on your original Xbox All Access contract, and entering into a new fixed term financial agreement with Klarna for purchase of a new 24-month Xbox All Access contract for Project Scarlett, expected end of 2020, which will be subject to Klarna’s terms and conditions. Offer valid for original purchase of Xbox One X with Xbox All Access through 31 Dec, 2019; not available with Xbox One S / S All-Digital. New application with Klarna, contract, terms, and pricing apply. Requires return of console in good condition or payment of the console balance. See product and upgrade terms at Xbox.com/XboxAllAccessTerms

Ermm naaah

Lol 😂 what?! Mandatory 24 months contract after you get the Scarlett update?

To MS:
DhHZ46T.gif

Last edited:

Three

Actually it's not bad. You're basically pre-paying for the Scarlet. If you look at it not as an overpriced Xbox, but a console to tide you over until Scarlet arrives, then its a good deal. A previous poster reported that the console is about $399. Instead of buying the console at that price then buying a scarlet and perhaps selling the old console, you can straight upgrade it.

The bonus information we now know is that the Scarlet seems to be in the ballpark of $600-$700 range.
It mentions nothing about upgrade cost. Just that you have the option to 'upgrade' the contract likely to a more expensive one 12 months into the 24 month contract.

It mentions nothing about upgrade cost. Just that you have the option to 'upgrade' the contract likely to a more expensive one 12 months into the 24 month contract.
12 months * £25 = £300 (Scarlett is gonna cost more than that I reckon, especially if Brexit comes to fruition).

But if you have to pay a total of 36 months (£900) and also return XB1X to Microsoft, then it's not worth it that much.

I know people who got 36 months of Game Pass Ultimate for only $1, as long as they had 3 years of XBL Gold (which costs around $100-120).

Top Bottom