• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upgrade Rainbow 6 Seige For Next Gen Consoles. 120fps/4K !

jigglet

Banned
That's awesome but still only half way there. For me to ever go back from PC to console again (I still have plenty of friends there I enjoy playing with) I also want:

1) FOV options, 60 FOV is baddddd

2) Give it a COD / BF level look mechanic. I've got over 3k hours on PS4 and I love the game but jesus the aiming system in it feels like dogshit compared to BF / COD. They added a new look mechanic option a few years ago (I think it's called "modern" or something) and it's even worse than classic!

Also a trivial issue which I always wanted was more graphics options, like let me turn off ambient occlusion and depth of field. Depth of field is a garbage visual effect, and ambient occlusion is poorly implemented in this game, it looks so nice and clean when I turn AO off on PC. But these are more minor annoyances compared to #1 and 2 above.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Didnt the OneX get a 120fps mode?, i remember something about that.
So what is it with this game thats made it a phenom?. So many shooters come and go, and i remember this game didnt have the best of starts, but something clicked with gamers.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So what is it with this game thats made it a phenom?. So many shooters come and go, and i remember this game didnt have the best of starts, but something clicked with gamers.

Because no other game has the destruction and verticality that this game offers plus the operators with unique looks and abilities. It makes maps extremely replayable as there's so many ways to approach the various objectives.

jigglet

Banned

It's digital crack. I've got somewhere between 4-5k hours on this game if you include XB, PS4 and now PC...and I can still play for 12 hours straight and still go to bed thinking about it.

Even in its worst, most buggy state at launch I was hooked. I remember match making was so bad it would sometimes take 1 hour to find a game in beta (no exaggeration) but you better believe I waited. I would sit there watching the screen for an hour because I loved it that much.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

yeah but not sure how good it was and i don’t think it was stable? & also this is 4K 120 not 1080p as what i post below explains. this was what i remember reading..

In another news, Reddit user “Yifei3496” shared few tips to get smooth experience in the game’s Terrorist Hunt mode after installing the Xbox One X update. This is what Yifei3496 says:

“In the Terrorist Hunt, if you turn off v sync it will run around 80 fps. A lot of tearing, so I changed my resolution to 1080 and 120hz. With free sync, it became a really smooth experience. So I highly suggest those with 1080p or 1440 1440hz free sync monitor or tv owners, try it out. I think this is the only game that runs above 60fps.”

Hostile_18

Banned
Lets not forget that 95% of people will not be able to play at 4k 120fps because their tvs are not HDMI 2.1 compatible.

Nice it's there though. Didn't expect 4k 120 so soon.

jaydogg691

120fps seems to be the bigger deal for these competitive shooters. Those with 2K/120hz monitors will be able to take advantage of the extra resolution boost from 1080p.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What will it be on the Xbox S though? That's also a next gen console isn't it? I'm not trying to be clever here. It's a serious question. Doesn't the 'S' make marketing like this problematic?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never played this game, as I remember the game got so-so reviews at the beginning. But I know it had legs and people loved it.

Maybe I'll give it a try when next gen comes out. This has got to be super cheap by now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm actually shocked so many games are being announced 4K@120fps
I based my TV purchase on the fact that this was barely going to be the case.
No regrets though, nice surprise and guarantee's flawless 60fps.
But these are upgraded current gen and cross gen games
And I imagine as time goes on even 60fps will be a hard push with real Next-Gen games

jigglet

Banned
This game is a rare example of a scenario where I don't want that. Mouse and Keyboard is just such an advantage for skilled players

He means across consoles - xbox and ps. If you have an even bigger audience it opens the doors to even more things (like more modes, as a bigger match making pool makes this feasible).

FALCON_KICK

IMO they merged the best aspect of 2 games, Counter Strike and DOTA2/LOL. Every Operator is a unique hero with a good backstory/lore to them and also having a unique abilities/special skills. It also has gameplay modes based on banning specific operators similar to those MOBAs. Team with Unique heroes battling it out with an option to surrender makes for interesting watch due to which it has earned top 5 spot in most watched esports games.

Top Bottom