• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update regarding Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 versions now have entitlement to free PS5 upgrade, other games will have $10 upgrade fee)

I see. Looks like you really didn’t use the controller (or you played games that don’t support it’s features). It’s ok.

Edit: Seems you’re like those people who didn’t even play Death Stranding but said it’s a walking simulator.
I never played it and I don't intend to. And I guess you're right. What am I supposed to do if there aren't PS5 games? I've been playing PS4 games for almost a year now. Blame Sony.

I can't believe you and I think you are just trolling.

There has never been a better time for getting a new console than this generation. If you like your old games many are getting boosts to frame rate and resolution and this is truly a time where you can sell your previous gen console and not miss out on anything, and the vast majority of old games play fine on it.. Every generation starts slow as developers need to learn to use the new console and they usually go cross gen as it is not economically feasible yet to release only on the lower player base for the ps5 or xbox.

Maybe you havent been through enough new gen console releases but it takes a while to get a vast number of current gen games out and I've been through a lot of them, was the same for the last 2 or 3 generations. I would 100% recommend to users of xbox and ps to get one now if you can find one as its going to last for 7 more years so there is no downside to purchase immediately.

And it just sounds like you had a temper tantrum over the last day or two here like a spoiled brat.
Don't ñist to this guy. If you can wait do it. By the time there's a game worth of buying a console for, it would probably cost you a lot less and maybe we will have slims versions by then.

Right now both consoles only work for last gen games with some minor graphical updates.

It's an LED light, LED's don't have a massive power draw. Even then, the Xbox controllers have a LED light. The Sixaxis, Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4 all have LED lights.

Well each to his own I guess on the nintendo front, but I personally think Nintendo games are shite these days. I thought BOTW was an awful LoZ game and Mario has never reached the heights of Mario 64 again.

How could you not know? Sony wouldn't shut up about what was coming, shit Sony don't shut the fuck up about Deathloop. Ever. So I find it hard to believe you didn't know what was coming out.

As for MS exclusives this Christmas, I don't think anyone has any faith that 343 will manage to put out a decent Halo game after the shit shows known as Halo 4 and 5. Hate to say this, but even current Bungie are better than 343i and current Bungie are a shadow of what they used to be.

I can't speak for Forza as it's not my cup of tea so I won't really comment on that one.

But its bad it's took MS nearly a year to get exclusive xbox content out (inc cross gen) after a new gen launch. I sincerely hope they manage to get some exclusives soon or all this money they've splashed out, is a massive waste of time.

And don't bother saying Gamepass, yes, it's a fantastic thing blah blah blah, but I personally prefer to actually own my games, rather than the glorified rental service it, games with gold and PS+ games are.

But, Sony do deserve criticism too, whilst they've managed to get exclusive content out, they can't form a coherent message, they can't decide what they want to actually do and quite frankly, look like a bunch of clowns with Jim Ryan in charge.
The thing about gamepass is that it doesn't stop you from owning your games. You have both options while on Playstation you only have one.

And I don't know what to tell you, I knew there weren't going to be any games on launch day but I don't know y thought that after almost a year there would be some games. I mean, looking at the landscape we will have to wait until February for Horizon and then God knows when will Sony release another game.

What is the virtue of releasing a game this holiday? Would you rather Sony pushed Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal etc. all back to this holiday just to satisfy this need? Maybe they should release HFW half-baked to meet this need?

In reality anyone buying a PS5 for this holiday will have plenty of decent content to play on their machine.
Why do you bother mentioning demons souls, sackboy and returnal? You people are reaching, trying to mention any game to make it seem like Sony has a decent lineup. The other day some guy dared to mention All-stars lol.

It's not about the holiday, it's about not having games for one more season until February

reinking

Gold Member
Why do you bother mentioning demons souls, sackboy and returnal? You people are reaching, trying to mention any game to make it seem like Sony has a decent lineup. The other day some guy dared to mention All-stars lol.

It's not about the holiday, it's about not having games for one more season until February
75, 85 and 92 meta score makes that a decent launch lineup?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

Because they are all decent games.

You were the one that mentioned holiday. Anyway cumulatively Sony will have as many, if not more, decent first party games available for their console as MS will by either this holiday, February or any arbitrary date that you pick (before 2023).

Woggleman

Consoles almost never put out their true heavy hitters during launch year and especially not if there is a pandemic. In time great PS5 games will come.

Not really. Having to charge your controller every day is not what you're supposed to do with other consoles.

I mean if someone forgets to charge their controller and has it die on them during a play session then it's their fault. It's not like the Dualsense controller only lasts 1-2 hours in case you didn't notice.

But maybe your controller defective and you need a new battery.

Edit: Also the Dualsense is pretty easy to charge. Plugging in a USB C or using the charging stand is quite easy.

usb GIF

I mean it's easier than Type A or Micro USB which is what the DS4 had.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I mean if someone forgets to charge their controller and has it die on them during a play session then it's their fault. It's not like the Dualsense controller only lasts 1-2 hours in case you didn't notice.

But maybe your controller defective and you need a new battery.

Edit: Also the Dualsense is pretty easy to charge. Plugging in a USB C or using the charging stand is quite easy.

usb GIF

I mean it's easier than Type A or Micro USB which is what the DS4 had.

😂😂😂

Tbf, I have to charge my controller(s) all the time and it doesn't bother me that much, so not sure why he's upset.

Now, when my headset decides to die in a raid on D2, then I get salty

😂😂😂

Tbf, I have to charge my controller(s) all the time and it doesn't bother me that much, so not sure why he's upset.

Now, when my headset decides to die in a raid on D2, then I get salty

I just put it on the stand right after playing. I never had it die on me.

🤷‍♂️

I agree that more is always better but currently it's enough for me.

yurinka

They mention them because they are good games, this is their MC:

Demons 92
FFVIIR Intergrade 89
Ratchet 88
GoT DC 88
Guilty Gear Strive 87-84
Returnal 85
Morales 84-85
Sackboy 83-79

It's laughable to act as if they had nothing when there games like these (plus the timed? console exclusive indies, the multis and the BC games etc).

It's a great and long list of good exclusives line-up specially compared to what MS and Nintendo released in the same period.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I just put it on the stand right after playing. I never had it die on me.

🤷‍♂️

I agree that more is always better but currently it's enough for me.

Divint get me wrong, if it says "battery nearly dead" I just stuck a USB C in and keep playing. Half the time it pops up there's still like wn hour left before it dies lol.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And for the looks of it year 2 is going to be the same.
Totally.

Not a ton of people have PS4 Pro or One X either. Most last gen gamers have a base PS4 or Xbox One OG.

The gap in quality between PS4 and PS5 is smaller than the gap between Xbox One OG and Series X.

For next gen gamers, Xbox gamers have a lot more to gain with a next gen bump than PS4 gamers who are already at 1080p and steady 30/60 fps. Xbox One OG gamers have 900p games and overall worse visuals than PS4 and sketchier frame rates for AAA games.

Sony also has a knack for supporting last gen consoles with AAA budget games right to the end, so it looks like that will continue with Horizon FW, GOW and GT7 (and any others as per Jim), so PS4 games have a lot more legs until Sony finally cuts the cord at some point (somewhere around 2023-2024) as Jim said that in the Wash Post article.

Last edited:
Totally.

Not a ton of people have PS4 Pro or One X either. Most last gen gamers have a base PS4 or Xbox One OG.

The gap in quality between PS4 and PS5 is smaller than the gap between Xbox One OG and Series X.

For next gen gamers, Xbox gamers have a lot more to gain with a next gen bump than PS4 gamers who are already at 1080p and steady 30/60 fps. Xbox One OG gamers have 900p games and overall worse visuals than PS4 and sketchier frame rates for AAA games.

Sony also has a knack for supporting last gen consoles with AAA budget games right to the end, so it looks like that will continue with Horizon FW, GOW and GT7 (and any others as per Jim), so PS4 games have a lot more legs until Sony finally cuts the cord at some point (somewhere around 2023-2024) as Jim said that in the Wash Post article.
Yeah, Xbox is the console to go with this gen.

And what make things better is that I have never owned an Xbox, so I'll be able to play the classics for the first time. Bue i won't make the same mistake twice, Xbox needs to get some games too.

• Empathy
Reactions: Rea
They mention them because they are good games, this is their MC:

Demons 92
FFVIIR Intergrade 89
Ratchet 88
GoT DC 88
Returnal 85
Morales 84-85
Guilty Gear Strive 84
Sackboy 83-79

It's laughable to act as if they had nothing when there games like these (plus the timed? console exclusive indies, the multis and the BC games etc).

It's a great and long list of good exclusives line-up specially compared to what MS and Nintendo released in the same period.
I believe 6 of those games I can play just fine on a PS4.

yurinka

Do there's no PS5 games like I said.
First, the ones also available in PS4 are 4, not 6: GoT DC, Guilty Gear Strive, Morales and Sackboy. The other ones are PS5 only.

Second, if you think crossgen games aren't PS5 games or that PS5 has no games (in addition to the AAA exclusives there are the indie ones, the multiplatform games, BC, etc) then you deserve to be in a circus instead of in a gaming forum. You have a promising career as a clown.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah, Xbox is the console to go with this gen.

And what make things better is that I have never owned an Xbox, so I'll be able to play the classics for the first time. Bue i won't make the same mistake twice, Xbox needs to get some games too.
I've flip flopped systems too.

NES. Genesis. Add SNES (so I had both 16 bit systems at the same time (Gen for Sega sports and arcade games, SNES for Mario, Capcom, Konami games). PS1. PS2. Xbox 360, One, Series X.

Maybe next gen I'll flip flop back to PS or do PC. I barely even play any first party games from any console maker (my fav games are third party shooters, sports and WRPGs. Reason why I stuck with Xbox is because the controller is solid (non-symmetrical which I find better) and I got a profile. And with BC lately, I dont want to lose all my old games which I still dabble with. Also a bunch of friends/fam have Xbox too.

If most people I know play on PS, I would had got a PS3 back then and stuck with the ecosystem. But at the time, many people I know tried Xbox, I joined them, then realized the online and gamepad are solid (I never had an Xbox OG). So we all stuck with it since. Some got PS too. But I'm a one system gamer (except Gen/SNES which I doubled up as the games were so different).

I've flip flopped systems too.

NES. Genesis. Add SNES (so I had both 16 bit systems at the same time (Gen for Sega sports and arcade games, SNES for Mario, Capcom, Konami games). PS1. PS2. Xbox 360, One, Series X.

Maybe next gen I'll flip flop back to PS or do PC. I barely even play any first party games from any console maker (my fav games are third party shooters, sports and WRPGs. Reason why I stuck with Xbox is because the controller is solid (non-symmetrical which I find better) and I got a profile. And with BC lately, I dont want to lose all my old games which I still dabble with. Also a bunch of friends/fam have Xbox too.

If most people I know play on PS, I would had got a PS3 back then and stuck with the ecosystem. But at the time, many people I know tried Xbox, I joined them, then realized the online and gamepad are solid (I never had an Xbox OG). So we all stuck with it since. Some got PS too. But I'm a one system gamer (except Gen/SNES which I doubled up as the games were so different).
I always bought Nintendo systems but stopped with the Wii U, that's were i changed to PS4 and now I'm thinking on changing to Xbox. Playstation is just mocking their consumers with Jim Ryan constant lying. I believe this week they had to backtrack like for the 6th time in a year. That only happens when you lie or when you try to abuse your customers.

You can't support a company like this. But that's common with playstation, thats why they change CEO like every 4 years.

First, the ones also available in PS4 are 4, not 6: GoT DC, Guilty Gear Strive, Morales and Sackboy. The other ones are PS5 only.

Second, if you think crossgen games aren't PS5 games or that PS5 has no games (in addition to the AAA exclusives there are the indie ones, the multiplatform games, BC, etc) then you deserve to be in a circus instead of in a gaming forum. You have a promising career as a clown.
You forgot final fantasy. And yes, I think crossgen games are not PS5 games. Crossgen games are PS4 games because they were developed for that platform. They did some minor updates in resolution.and lighting and you think that makes it a PS5 game?

It's pretty obvious who is the clown here.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You forgot final fantasy. And yes, I think crossgen games are not PS5 games. Crossgen games are PS4 games because they were developed for that platform. They did some minor updates in resolution.and lighting and you think that makes it a PS5 game?

Ya.

If these incremental next gen bumps are worth a "next gen label", then PS4 Pro and One X games are next gen too and should had been $10 more.

Aside from RT, it can be argued the resolution and frame rate bumps going from base systems to PS4 Pro/One X are even bigger than going from PS4 Pro/One X to PS5/Series X. You had some games jumping from 1080p to 4k. Yet I dont see any PS5/Series X games going to 8k. Pending the game, the res may barely budge.

So if Sony didn't bump up PS4 Pro versions $10 when those were clearly a boost in res, frames and AF, then why PS5 for cross gen games?

RT is worth $10?

Last edited:

Yes, most of the people who aren’t trolling fanboys in this thread know exactly who the 🤡 is here.

John Wick

This shit is indefensible. I bet the hardcore fanboys were stating the devs need paying? Am I doing it right?
Sony need to get their shit together because they are looking like fools at every step then back peddling when they get called out on it. This stuff is clearly #4thePlayers

Last edited:

yurinka

FFVIIR Intergrade and its expansion (what it was referring, not the normal FFVIIR game) is PS5 only.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
For you maybe.
You’re not gonna like your Xbox if you think games with scores as low as 85 or 75 don’t count. The only thing you’ve been right about is the complete dogshit batteries Sony continues to use in their controllers. You’re dead wrong on the games. Just stop it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom