• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update regarding Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 versions now have entitlement to free PS5 upgrade, other games will have $10 upgrade fee)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Last gen gaming is a problem new games should only be associated with new consoles and I love ps4, one they took gaming to new levels but let those consoles die.

MaKTaiL

Sony updated the US Store listing PS4 and PS5 versions as being available in the cheaper option ($59.99) but they are still offering the more expensive one ($69.99). This is so shady....

lillars

Sony updated the US Store listing PS4 and PS5 versions as being available in the cheaper option ($59.99) but they are still offering the more expensive one ($69.99). This is so shady....
I noticed that too! My preorder now says PS4/PS5 if I look it up in the PS Store, but there's another PS4/PS5 version that's listed for $69.99. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: Nevermind... I think that it's always said that the PS4 edition is for PS4 and PS5. That being said I expect this to change upon release to show the free upgrade to the actual PS5 edition.

Last edited:

Tefl0n

I noticed that too! My preorder now says PS4/PS5 if I look it up in the PS Store, but there's another PS4/PS5 version that's listed for $69.99. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: Nevermind... I think that it's always said that the PS4 edition is for PS4 and PS5. That being said I expect this to change upon release to show the free upgrade to the actual PS5 edition.
I believe if you’re on the storefront with a PS5, it will show you the $70 price but if you use a web browser, you’ll get the $60 price.

k1m1d4n

I bought the game using the PSapp and it says the PS4 version is on the library.
The PS5 + PS4 version still appears as 79.99€.
What will probably happen is it will preload the ps4 version so it'll be ready for midnight, and I'll have to manually download the ps5 version after release.

Melchiah

I bought the physical PS4 special edition, and it was easy to upgrade it, but every time I start the system it tries to install the PS4 version. Any idea how to get rid of it? I really don't want to install it, as it just takes space for nothing.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The biggest thing I can’t deal with on the ps5 is when you have the PS4 disk in and it keeps saying installing for the PS4 version and shows a tab for the PS4 version. Sony needs to sort that out, I’d pay the 10 more to avoid that Shiz.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I bought the physical PS4 special edition, and it was easy to upgrade it, but every time I start the system it tries to install the PS4 version. Any idea how to get rid of it? I really don't want to install it, as it just takes space for nothing.
Just pause the install. Or insert the data disc.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
What about the Spider-Man upgrade you douche bags? (Sony not you OP). The only way to upgrade is via the MM ultimate bundle which clocks in at over £50.

Chukhopops

That doesn’t work though, you can’t start the PS5 version with the data disc inserted (just tried now).

In the end I gave up and just let it install but the process was a bit ridiculous, had to free 210+ GB to install the game.

Mahavastu

What I find strange is that there are now 2 different versions of the standard edition in the Playstation Store:

The PS4 version with free upgrade to the PS5 for 70 euro (german price)
and
the PS5 version which includes the license for the PS4 for 80 Euro.

Since it is digital it seems to me that both are the same, except the price.

And of course, that the PS4 version is hidden when you access the Store on the PS5 so you can only buy the more expensive version here. You need to go to the Website or the App to buy the cheap edition.

Last edited:

Melchiah

If I insert the data disk, it'll start installing the PS4 version. When I have the play disc inside, the PS4 icon reappears every time the system is started, eventhough it's been deleted. There doesn't seem to be an option to stop the PS4 version from coming up again and again.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Even with the £10 upgrade it will likely be cheaper to still get the ps4 version, right now H:FW is £52 on ps4 and £69 on ps5, so even with £10 more the ps4 is still a lil cheaper.

Top Bottom