• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on PlayStation Plus Collection for soon to be PS5 PS Plus subscribers, and already subscribed PS4 owners (2 more games added!)

Greatest "gift*" ever?

• Total voters
Update 11/15/2020: There is no longer a confusion, ifs or buts about the PS+ Collection appearing on PS4. It's PS5 ONLY! "lollipop_disappointed:
For a workaround: see post #98 (page 2).

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/1...vealed--your-november-playstation-plus-games/

PlayStation Plus members will be able to enjoy a special new offering on the PS5 console – the PlayStation Plus Collection. PS5 console owners with PlayStation Plus will be able to redeem and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more.

The PlayStation Plus Collection will be available* on November 12 when the PS5 console launches in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and November 19 when the PS5 console launches throughout the rest of the world, including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia and South Africa.

Here are the games available in the PlayStation Plus Collection.

From Worldwide Studios:
  • Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
From our third-party publishers and developers:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition (NEW)
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (NEW)
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition (upgraded to Royal Edition)
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard
The PlayStation Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PlayStation Plus members receive for a single subscription price – no additional membership fee required. Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member. PS4 games redeemed from the PlayStation Plus Collection and played on the PS5 console will see benefits such as increased loading speed and improved or more stable framerates with PS5’s Game Boost****.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Crash trilogy added? Very nice, I will probably play that.

It's a very nice little launch package if you haven't played those before, I'm looking forward to adding all of those to my library.

Antelope

Crash! That’s great. Probably not a game I would have paid for since I don’t have much experience with the series, but nice to have it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The post kind of makes it sound like you have to own a PS5 to be able to redeem Bugsnax. So if I don't manage to get one before it's gone from the service I miss out? Surely this isn't what they mean? You've always been able to redeem games for systems you don't own in the past.

PuffyCan

Ok so if I don't get a PS5 but have plus on PS4 do I get these games or this is only for PS5 people?
The wording imply it's for PS5 owner only :
PlayStation Plus members will be able to enjoy a special new offering on the PS5 console – the PlayStation Plus Collection. PS5 console owners with PlayStation Plus will be able to redeem and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more.

DonJorginho

Banned
I hope this Gameboost thing works well... how long does the collection last? Is it always there? Do titles change over time?
As far as we know, it is exactly like normal PS Plus games, yours to keep once you add them to the library as long as your Plus Subscription is active.

There is no reason as to why games will leave as it isn't like they have to be stored like on Gamepass, it will just be titles added over time potentially.

I can imagine the collection being available for some time as Sony know people will be buying this console for some time.

I'm gonna be really selfish and probably piss a lot of people off (sorry!) But to have these streamable rather then a download would suit me down to the ground as someone that would like to try a few of these but is paranoid about the SSD size of the PS5, or not wanting to wait for several GB to download. Or even streamable just for the first hour, like a cloud trial and then have to download.

First World problems I know. Kinda like a PS Now 1.5

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I own any of those games I would play. Would rather just have some free 4k/60 upgrades really.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I literally own all of these games (even the new ones) but a very solid collection nonetheless.

Mr Hyde

Good stuff. Haven't played Days Gone and MH World so I'll be trying them out. If I like them, I'll buy them.

Alebrije

Crash is great will replace the Bugswax game plus for PS5.

The list is great for new players ...i will play like 6 games that never got....

Good Strategy from Sony.

nordique

Made for those switching or late to the party PS4 adopters. It's really good.

definitely sold me on getting one at launch. I’ve only played a handful of those games despite having a PS4 since launch (Batman, god of war, uncharted 4....that’s it. I think I have Battlefield 1 from another sale or something)

It’s freaking awesome. I also can’t believe sony is giving away that many games to plus subscribers....that’s a massive list and they’re all solid to amazing games from what I’ve read

and on top of that, we still get ps plus games!

Last edited:

nordique

Crash is great will replace the Bugswax game plus for PS5.

The list is great for new players ...i will play like 6 games that never got....

Good Strategy from Sony.

also for people like me, although a minority, long time players (have had ps4 since launch day) but for whatever reason (in my case, my professional life) missed out on vast majority of games on that list

gamer82

well i just bought all the uncharted 1-4, god of war, days gone and last of us 2 so hopefully all of these will have updates and its not just digital copies .

Numenorean

Collection appears to be PS5 only. Guess its there to soften the blow for people upgrading to digital-only PS5.
I think that you will able to download those games on the ps4 but they say that if you get them on the PS5 will have some benefits added because the more powerful console

Ok so if I don't get a PS5 but have plus on PS4 do I get these games or this is only for PS5 people?

You can get these games as a PS4 only PS Plus subscriber. You don't need a PS5. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong?

The wording imply it's for PS5 owner only :

Edit: Now that I think about it... the wording is really sketchy. Reads as if you could easily get it on PS4 but they don't want to come clean on it cause they want to create the illusion of it being a exclusive PS5 offering?

Maybe it's fully exclusive to PS5 sku's and work in the same gating process as platform gated PS Plus Games for PS3/PS4/Vita.

Can I redeem these games before getting a ps5?

The collection launches on Nov. 12. That's all you need to wait on.

Can you install the whole collection on PS5 SSD? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Heh... no way. 20 games using PS4 asset duplication. File sizes are inherently huge. Specially Call of Duty's.

Last edited:

PuffyCan

You can get these games as a PS4 only PS Plus subscriber. You don't need a PS5. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Edit: Now that I think about it... the wording is really sketchy. Reads as if you could easily get it on PS4 but they don't want to come clean on it cause they want to create the illusion of it being a exclusive PS5 offering?

Maybe it's fully exclusive to PS5 sku's and work in the same gating process as platform gated PS Plus Games for PS3/PS4/Vita.

The collection launches on Nov. 12. That's all you need to wait on.

Heh... no way. 20 games using PS4 asset duplication. File sizes are inherently huge. Specially Call of Duty's.
I hope you're right and they only want to create the illusion it's ps5 only like they did with the "we believe in generations" thing, I would love to play some of those games.

I hope you're right and they only want to create the illusion it's ps5 only like they did with the "we believe in generations" thing, I would love to play some of those games.

Yeah it's sketchy use of language. If they betrayed that concept for some coin why not here too? Nov 12. will tell. In the end if what you want is subscribers... that collection will keep PS4 subscribers subscribed.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
So I take it that Bloodborne here is just the game and doesnt contain the old hunters expansion (which is included in the game of the year edition)?

GenericUser

The PS+ collection is a nice thing to have, the value definitivly inreases if you are a newcomer to team playstation and make the jump from xbox to playstation. But for me, as a longterm playstation gamer, I don't see the big value here. All are good to great games, don't get me wrong, but I played most of them and I'm more looking forward to new games then replaying stuff that I finished. I only replay games that are truly oustanding to me.

Top Bottom