• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on EA Play: Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC in 2021

Bullet Club

Update on EA Play: Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC in 2021

When we originally set out to write this blog post, which would announce the availability of EA Play on PC with Xbox Game Pass, it looked a little bit different. Unfortunately, what had been a celebratory post is now one asking for a little more patience: We made the decision to delay until 2021 the release of EA Play on PC as part of the Xbox Game Pass for PC and Ultimate memberships.

We established this partnership with Electronic Arts because they are as passionate as we are about helping people and communities discover great games, and we knew we could provide a great experience for members by working together. In order to deliver on that, we need more time to provide the Xbox Game Pass experience.

We’ll have more to share early next year; as always, we appreciate your support as we work to deliver this experience for our Xbox Game Pass members. Stay tuned for more information.

Arun1910

What a load of bullshit, they delayed it on this fucking day when it is suppose to launch. What kind of shit is this?!
065.gif

T-Cake

I was getting ready to rage but it’s literally the price of a beer to buy a month of EA Play elsewhere.

Yeah, first, they paddled back from the "it's part of Gamepass PC" - it isn't on PC, you'll also need Ultimate - and now the undefined delay on release day. So i paid that 1€ for 3 months of ultimate for...ultimately nothing. Yay.

Last edited:

Emedan

Yeah, first, they paddled back from the "it's part of Gamepass PC" - it isn't on PC, you'll also need Ultimate - and now the undefined delay on release day. So i paid that 1€ for 3 months of ultimate for...ultimately nothing. Yay.
Haha I updated as well for this, kinda crummy to delay it on the day it was suppose to launch, but hey I got 1 month PC for 1 bucks and now I got another 3 months for 1 bucks.. Can't really complain.

Edit:
I meant to write $1 not 10

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Sad as there are quite a few FPS in the EA catalog that would play better on PC, but considering the absolute feast that was Gamepass this month it's no biggie in the end.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
We established this partnership with Electronic Arts because they are as passionate as we are about helping people and communities discover great games, and we knew we could provide a great experience for members by working together. In order to deliver on that, we need more time to provide the Xbox Game Pass experience.

Delays happen. Not a big deal!

But why the hell are they talking as if they were developing a game and only delaying it could ensure a great experience? lol. It's just about enabling a service within a service. It either is or isn't. There is no varying degree of "experience" here.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
What a load of bullshit, they delayed it on this fucking day when it is suppose to launch. What kind of shit is this?!

Phil Spencer: "Do we have all the GamePass subscribers who subscribed because of EA Play?

Team: "Yes. It's launching today."

Phil Spencer: "Good. Delay it!"

Top Bottom