• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on Call of Duty anti cheat

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2021/02/Call-of-Duty-Anti-Cheat-Programs-Update

We have zero tolerance for cheaters across Call of Duty and Call of Duty: Warzone™.

giphy.gif

Today we banned 60,000 accounts for confirmed cases of using cheat software in Warzone, bringing our total to date of more than 300,000 permabans worldwide since launch. We are also continuing our efforts to identify and address cheat providers at the source, who distribute unauthorized third party software for modding or hacking.

Since launch we’ve taken a number of dedicated actions:

· Weekly backend security updates
· Improved in-game reporting mechanisms
· Added 2-factor authentication, which has invalidated over 180,000 suspect accounts
· Eliminated numerous unauthorized third party software providers
· Increased dedicated teams and resources across software development, engineering, data science, legal and monitoring

In addition, we’re increasing our efforts and capabilities in these key areas.

· Enhancements to our internal anti-cheat software
· Additional detection technology
· Adding new resources dedicated to monitoring and enforcement
· Regular communication updates on progress; more two-way dialogue
· Zero tolerance for cheat providers
· Consistent and timely bans

The security and enforcement teams have additional measures coming – both preventative and enforcement – throughout this year to root out both cheaters and cheat providers.

carlosrox

Banned
I've only seen a cheater maybe once or twice ever in Warzone.

People make it sound like it's rampant but I'm not even sure if I've seen it once.

My brother was definitely on the receiving end of a small peen hacker (sniped from afar through a building with no way of knowing he was there) but that's all I've seen so far.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

People make it sound like it's rampant but I'm not even sure if I've seen it once.

My brother was definitely on the receiving end of a small peen hacker (sniped from afar through a building with no way of knowing he was there) but that's all I've seen so far.

Pretty bad in Europe and these are just the obvious ones who are just bad or trolling but there are a lot of sneaky ones who use the cheats properly such as never aiming at you through the walls like an obvious fucker.

BigLee74

Great, now just make it so Xbox players don’t have crossplay forced upon them, or at least give them a console-only crossplay option.

Mattyp

Gold Member

I want to play on your servers. I literally deleted this game it was that fucking rampant, every single fucking game. Same reason I only play the rest of my FPS games on console only now, siege got out of control as well.

I want crossplay console only, PC cheat shit can fuck off.

Last edited:

Amaranty

I want to play on your servers. I literally deleted this game it was that fucking rampant, every single fucking game. Same reason I only play the rest of my FPS games on console only now, siege got out of control as well.

I want crossplay console only, PC cheat shit can fuck off.
Consoles aren't safe either. Google Cronus Zen. Can't detect it.

carlosrox

Banned
I play on PC. Never see cheaters, at least nothing that stands out.

I've been on the receiving end of some crazy snipes but nothing I'd call impossible. Some of my kills could pass for borderline hacks to some people I'm sure.

Are we sure people aren't just being paranoid?

My brother definitely seems like the type who'd accuse any kill he dislikes as coming from a hacker but again I only saw the one he showed me that was blatant.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Consoles aren't safe either. Google Cronus Zen. Can't detect it.

Have several friends who play with these and I still manage to outscore them, these give you an advantage the same as using a keyboard and mouse, but not sniping from across the map and seeing outlines through every single wall of every other player on the map advantage shit totally different beasts.

RasAlGhoul

SBMM keeping you away from the cheaters.

Amaranty

Have several friends who play with these and I still manage to outscore them, these give you an advantage the same as using a keyboard and mouse, but not sniping from across the map and seeing outlines through every single wall of every other player on the map advantage shit totally different beasts.
I've seen how it works on Apex Legends and the advantage it gives is quite substantial. Some of the recoil on certain weapons is difficult to control. If it can negate recoil, then I'll consider that cheating.

Recoil in Modern Warfare is a non issue in my opinion.

MadPanda

Banned

I have to agree. In my around 300 hours in Warzone, I've seen them a couple of times and I have crossplay on.

CitizenZ

Banned
Warzone "YOU"RE CHEATING" every...kill. Every...one

Watched an interesting video yesterday guy showing how kill cams are not equal to game play speed so as examples it looked like the sight was quick snapping but if you watch the actual footage it was slow and deliberate. IDK, its a free game that you can go in shoot stuff, hear people cry and then leave. If you want to see cheating go to any BF game.

Top Bottom