• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Alien Isolation Book ‘Perfect Organism’ Goes Behind the Scenes of The Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Andy Kelly, who's written for the likes of Vice, PC Gamer, and The Guardian, is currently writing a hardback companion to Alien Isolation called Perfect Organism. The book, according to its description on the website Unbound, will chronicle some behind-the-scenes information about the game while also being a way for the writer to talk about his self-professed obsession with the game and "Ridley Scott's horror masterpiece."

"From the art direction, AI, audio, and music, to the level design, user interface, characters, and locations, this is a game of remarkable depth, complexity, and detail. After multiple playthroughs and countless hours spent researching it, I've amassed a huge amount of knowledge and insight about every aspect of the game—and I want to share that with you. I'm just as obsessed with it as I am with the film, and this will be evident on every page," writes Kelly.

At the time of writing, Perfect Organism is 27% funded and is open to pledges for anyone who wishes to support Kelly's project. The minimum donation is £10, or around $12 US, which will grant the donator an e-book copy once it's published, as well as put their name in the back along with other supporters. No doubt there will be many reading this who would be keen to support a book that talks about one of the scariest horror games in recent history, if not of all time.

Given that it's relying on donations, there's no telling when the book will actually be coming out. But with it going into detail about how the game was developed, including in-depth analysis of Alien Isolation's notorious Xenomorph A, it will likely pique many fans' interest. There will also be chapters that talk about the DLC, and the book will also include a full mission guide, some trivia, and Easter eggs.

PO_packshot_tospec_copy.png

rofif

Banned
Is it really so complicated?
You give player tables to hide under and doors locked by generators you have to switch on.
Stretch the concept from 2 to 20 hours and done. Most boring game ever right there... with an alien that we know forever.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I’d actually read this. This was one of my favorite games last gen and is easily the best Aliens franchise media since Aliens.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Amanda Ripley attempts to quietly contact Sevastopol Station's animal control service to warn of the Xenomorph threat. Each time she communicates with an agent, however, a different resident onboard the station inadvertently blows her cover, alerting the alien to her presence which then proceeds to chase her off.

Top Bottom