• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unusual sites you can find unknown videogames

SweetShark

So I was curious to see if others users here use unusual places on Internet to find different kind of videogames.

I am a List Maniac in general [videogames, movies, comics, everything really] so searching for unknown videogames is part of my hobby.

So yeah, one of the sites you can search for videogames is IMDB strangly enough. Specifically in this category below:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=video_game&sort=release_date,desc

For example I find a very strange videogme which I don't even know id it is real.

MV5BYzYyNDNkYjktNjMwZC00NmYzLWFlYjMtMjJhNzYwMTdmOGU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgzNTU0OTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,673,1000_AL_.jpg

Doomed Child

I have many other sites I search, but I will post them later.

So do you know any other sites which aren't obvious for unknown videogame?

Cattlyst

Wikipedia can be helpful if you just want to see names of obscure games, as a lot of the time they don't have a full entry if you go really deep down certain rabbit holes. But at least then you can find curious titles and then take the name to Google to find out more. Assembler Games used to be a good resource for obscure stuff too, but it's shut down now (I think). Hidden Palace is another, and Hardcore Gaming 101. There are tonnes of platform specific fan sites and blogs too.

Loving the idea of this thread so far!

I may not know, but PS2 ROMs websites would give me a list of obscure Japanese games that I've never heard of.

Quite fascinating to see certain high quality games that never make it outside Japan :(

Belmonte

That guy looks like a serial rapist.

Now that you said...:pie_thinking:

He put the videos about unknown videogames in the "Ross game DUNGEON" section! Is there a dungeon for his unknown victims?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If he start to review his targets, I will unsubscribe his channel.:mad:

That said, he is a very well spoken, funny and smart dude. Perfect for.........reviewing obscure videogames. Even when the game is broken or bad, he always is attentive for the interesting part of each game. I recommend.

He made a list of 829 games he is interested to play. There are many obscure titles in there. You can even filter by genre , release date, if it is free or early access:

https://www.accursedfarms.com/games/

nikolino840

There's a YouTube channel where they show all the games for platforms..but some videos are about some hours even if they show 30's of each game

Found It
This Is Genesis/megadrive games in alphabetic order

Last edited:
Some youtube channels have great obscure game content.
If you're interested in lesser known pc games, ggmanlive or Gmanlives, whatever he calls him self these days, is great. Also Civvie11.
As for obscure console games, I'd say metaljesusrocks and that friend of his, I think it's Reggie. Reggie really plays some obscure stuff.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The guy who made VVVVVV and Super Hexagon has a bunch of other games scattered across the internet:

Also I love Cactus games. Some of them are more weird/experimental but they're fun to at least try. Start with the original package:

Not exactly uknown but I occassionally check RPGcodex to find some obscure RPGs I might have missed.
Same. They have a thread with a master list for mods for old games (resolution hacks, overhauls etc) that I check for updates once in a while.

Top Bottom