• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until MS hit the 100 Million consoles sold mark. They ain’t shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Someone had to make this thread.
Nintendo and Sony have both sold over 100 Million games consoles (yeah Nintendo sold a handheld) and they also sold 100 million of two game cubes stick together (So is that 200 million Wii’s??!)
but you get my point.
MS
Until you hit the 100 Million mark.
You just wasting cash.
Well to quote Ricky Bobby. “if you ain’t first you are last”

now go piss excellence and may Tom cruise help you.
Make mama proud.
let the melt down commence or not.

let’s get back to what’s important here. The games and so long as we enjoy them who gives a fuck. Let’s all have fun everyone.
This thread is a meta troll.if you stick around for enough console launches. Some random madness goes down.remember the Wii launch on GAF? I just wanted to surf that wave. I may get I trouble with the mods. EviLore EviLore your hair looks nice don’t ban me.

JNn5NP4.jpg

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
until Xbox has many Instagram likes on the controller - they ain’t shit
If Microsoft ain't shit, you're saying Sony and Nintendo are shit? You're confusing me OP. Who's side are you on?
No they are THE SHIT.. so is MS just they haven’t become the biggest shit.
Anyone else want chocolate ice cream or is it just me ?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ
You drunk? Sipping that fanboy juice again ?They have 90 million xbox live users and 40 million game pass subscribers. After the recent announcements those numbers should spike further.

Sony makes pocket change compared to MS, they literally just bought Bethesda for 20% the value of Sony's entire business.

But yeah, they ain't shit ......lol?

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Mods please delete this crap and go through the first page and start deleting threads that are just trying to get a ride out of people. This is ridiculous

jufonuk

not tag worthy
They have, haven't they? XBOX + 360 + ONE should be a little more than 100 million consoles sold, right?
No not of a single console. But maybe this time they will.
I believe in them
While I agree, the same could be said of the vast majority of threads in recent days. And yet here we are. The sanity will restore itself at some point, hopefully.

You get it.
The place got a bit silly season. I’m just tipping it over the edge. To let it calm down.

Last edited:

Three

I don't even care about their sales if the product was decent. Until they actually deliver something other than hype of "promises and potential in the future" they ain't shit to me.

You drunk? Sipping that fanboy juice again ?They have 90 million xbox live users and 40 million game pass subscribers. After the recent announcements those numbers should spike further.

Sony makes pocket change compared to MS, they literally just bought Bethesda for 20% the value of Sony's entire business.

where did this shit come from when they just announced they had 15M gamepass subs and were making pocket change on it?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Nah. 50 million Game Pass subs would be bringing in about 7 billion a year. That's across PC and console. It's obvious where they are headed here.

Redlancet

Banned
Someone had to make this thread.
Nintendo and Sony have both sold over 100 Million games consoles (yeah Nintendo sold a handheld)
but you get my point.
MS
Until you hit the 100 Million mark.
You just wasting cash.
Well to quote Ricky Bobby. “if you ain’t first you are last”

now go piss excellence and may Tom cruise help you.
Make mama proud.
let the melt down commence or not.

let’s get back to what’s important here. The games and so long as we enjoy them who gives a fuck. Let’s all have fun everyone.
This thread is a meta troll.if you stick around for enough console launches. Some random madness goes down. I just wanted to surf that wave. I may get I trouble with the mods. EviLore EviLore your hair looks nice don’t ban me.
man as much as microsoft cultist are a joke this thread is pretty stupid

Last edited:

scydrex

That console still outsold Xbox's best-ever selling console.... the only reason it didn't reach 100m is that it was too damn expensive at the start.

Yeah $200 more... 600 vs 40p was it? Besides that I have some friends I could recall 2 of them that at least each of them brought like 3 or 4 360. When one gave the RROD they would repair it and sell it an get another one until the 360 slim with the problem fix came out. That was like almost normal for them. I think all my friends who played on 360 did that...

turtlepowa

Banned
That console still outsold Xbox's best-ever selling console.... the only reason it didn't reach 100m is that it was too damn expensive at the start.
Being the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market for several weeks/months thanks to Sony losing billions on the hardware helped a lot.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Xbox will always have problem reaching those numbers as long as they only focus on North America and Western Europe market

Xbox biggest market customers/playerbase are in US, UK, Canada, and Australia

Xbox official stores are harder to find outside those select countries

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Lol at Sony gaf desperately clinging 🤣

Just be happy for Xbox lol
I am actually. Happy for MS as for Sony GAF I haven’t owned a play station since the PS2

unless you don’t mean me then, yeah console launch cycles are a wild time Man

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Just add the gens together, done.
What an odd thread lol.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The xbox 360 wasn't to far off, I wouldn't say that console "wasn't shit" it put a massive dent in the ps3 sales figures and they ended up on par.

Between Sony shitting the bed with the ps3 and the leading team Xbox had at the time, it was a killer run for team Green.

I still think Peter Moore being forced out because the RROD fiasco was a huge mistake, imagine if Don Mattrick never happened...

I don't even care about their sales if the product was decent. Until they actually deliver something other than hype of "promises and potential in the future" they ain't shit to me.

where did this shit come from when they just announced they had 15M gamepass subs and were making pocket change on it?

Yeah that was a pretty extreme typo by me; never write comment while writing separate articles . 15m is accurate, it should also be noted that's a 5 million jump since April, 50% growth in 5 months is insane and its gonna trend up with the recent purchases.

Gamepass itself doesnt make huge profit no, but it gets people into the eco system which it's pretty much its sole purpose. If it continues its trend of growth and starts to creep in on that total 90 million number (which is clearly the goal) it will be a big money maker and that's before mtx.

Good correction though, jesus that was bad ! Lmao

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Between Sony shitting the bed with the ps3 and the leading team Xbox had at the time, it was a killer run for team Green.

I still think Peter Moore being forced out because the RROD fiasco was a huge mistake, imagine if Don Mattrick never happened...
Imagine if mostly Nintendo and Sony played nice at the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom