• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UnMetal - Official Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Escape an enemy military base, play dirty tricks and check out the hilarious trailer for this upcoming 2D stealth action game, UnMetal, as showcased during Day 2 of Guerrilla Collective 2021.

In 1972 a crack commando squad threw you in prison for a crime you didn't commit. You promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the underground trying to survive from these soldiers of fortune. A demo for the game is available now on Steam.

metal gear 90s GIF

yurinka

I have it for PS Vita (there was a limited phisical batch), it's a really awesome game. Really fun, well done and has a great sense of humor, sometimes making cool references to stuff like obviously Metal Gear and others.

P.S.: There's a demo on Steam, play it!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Same dev as UnEpic? Cool to see a spanish made game get the spotlight.

protonion

Bought it today because I liked the trailer and the price is good.

30 minutes in and I'm having a blast.
If you like the old 2d metal gears, you have to play this. The humor will be divisive. For me it is good.

mopspear

This game would be nice to have in 1998 for the GameBoy Color.

In 2021?
Yet another retro pixel art game that rips off a popular franchise, BUT LOOK! IT ADDS A TWIST!

So innovative.
Gotta take the spirit of the game you want to copy but not the "material".

ZoukGalaxy

I wish it was a more serious game than a parody because I really enjoyed Metal Gear 1 on NES as well as Snake's Revenge still on NES (which was not a Kojima game and I don't care), and would not say no to a Snake's Revenge 2/Metal Gear 3.
But this, humor is out of place, it's... UNfunny to me.

Last edited:
I wish it was a more serious game than a parody because I really enjoyed Metal Gear 1 on NES as well as Snake's Revenge still on NES (which was not a Kojima game and I don't care), and would not say no to a Snake's Revenge 2/Metal Gear 3.
But this, humor is out of place, it's... UNfunny to me.

As a fan of National Lampoon/Mel Brooks style parody humor, I like the concept of combining that with the old Metal Gears... but I can also see the game not appealing to some people who don't like the humor style or the combination with MG.

Side note for the people who would like the game, I think Steam Deck is a perfect platform to play this on.

Top Bottom