• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNIGINE 2 Community - Launch Trailer

GHG

Gold Member
Interesting.

Unigine Valley used to be my go to GPU overclock benchmark test and I always thought it looked too good to just be benchmarking software.

Will check this out even though I'm not proficient in C++ or C#. Never too late to learn some new things I guess.

I used to confuse unigine with unity all the time when both were new. I can only imagine how many people are going to think they're one thing.

Last edited:

Sagii86

Nice. It's seems though they are aiming for photorealism to be more FFA, which in that case they lack a gamechanger collaborations like Quixel megascans & Lateral Cubic motion in order to step up the competition (UE4, Unity).

JordanN

Banned
"Unigine"

Wow, last time I heard about that engine was in 2010, and it was that dragon tech demo.

In terms of "next gen" eh, put it up against the best UE4/Frostbite/Unity game and tell me what exactly does it do different?

martino

"Unigine"

Wow, last time I heard about that engine was in 2010, and it was that dragon tech demo.

In terms of "next gen" eh, put it up against the best UE4/Frostbite/Unity game and tell me what exactly does it do different?
It seems fine but who use this engine ?

GHG

Gold Member
They've only just made the engine available for free, it takes a while for communities to form around tools like this. It will be a little while before we see what it's really capable off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom