• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under The Waves (Quantic Dream) announced | Coming in 2023

CamHostage

QD are only publishing

Made by Parallel Studio, who, if you haven't heard of them... yeah, me neither. They've been around though, and have made games called Eqqo, Dark Days, and White Night.

https://www.parallel-studio.com/

Eqqo looks cool, and is their most widely-available release (Switch/Mobile/one of the VR platforms supposedly but not Quest)

Last edited:
A Quantic Dream game.

Should be self-explanatory at that point (QTE fest)
Published by QD, developed by Parallel studio. So not necessarily. While he mentions in that interview some exploration and sort of open worldish freedom, the emphasis lay on narrative, story driven game, but not really clearly explaining the gameplay. I'd be happy with QTE-fest, but it is not really certain, maybe a bit like Journey or Abzu. Didn't sound like branching story arks either, rather linear story, which wouldn't be classic QD of recent years.
Under the Waters, lead developer Roan Coffeic shares an overview of Quantic Dream's newest IP, his personal ties to the game, and what fans of the studio can expect.
Under the Waters Waves, lead developer Roan Coffeic Ronan Coiffec.
Person doing the youtube infotext failed.

Last edited:

reektann

Played an hour or so on PS5 tonight - performance is not great and there is screen tearing a lot of the time when panning the camera.

Tone and vibe is cool though. Wonderful music. Normally I would wait for patches but I have some time to fill before Starfield so it’s screen tearing city for me!

Last edited:
Played an hour or so on PS5 tonight - performance is not great and there is screen tearing a lot of the time when panning the camera.

Tone and vibe is cool though. Wonderful music. Normally I would wait for patches but I have some time to fill before Starfield so it’s screen tearing city for me!
Is it 30 or 60fps on PS5? I'm really itching to picking this up tomorrow when I get off work.

Oh and btw, just saw this behind the scenes video. Devs seem very passionate about the game.

Last edited:

mitch1971

As if controlling a submersible with a gamepad is gonna work.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

reektann

Is it 30 or 60fps on PS5? I'm really itching to picking this up tomorrow when I get off work.

Oh and btw, just saw this behind the scenes video. Devs seem very passionate about the game.

It feels like it floats between 45-60+ which is why there is so much tearing.

It had a save bug too right now where after a little while it keeps popping up with a save error until you restart the game…

That aside I really enjoyed my time with it - finished it earlier.

Last edited:
It feels like it floats between 45-60+ which is why there is so much tearing.

It had a save bug too right now where after a little while it keeps popping up with a save error until you restart the game…

That aside I really enjoyed my time with it - finished it earlier.
Cheers! I have a VRR screen so hopefully it will mitigate some of that screen tearing, but even so it doesn't bother me too much. Also, happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with it.

reektann

Cheers! I have a VRR screen so hopefully it will mitigate some of that screen tearing, but even so it doesn't bother me too much. Also, happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with it.
It doesn’t seem to do anything - I enabled it on the ps5 etc and even chose unsupported games etc.. this is on an LG OLED. My brain ended up being able to look past it as I really liked the tone and the setting. Great voice acting and quite haunting music.

Flabagast

How is the voice acting of the game ? I read somewhere that the original dub is the French one but I am not so sure about this one

A Quantic Dream game.

Should be self-explanatory at that point (QTE fest)
As other have already said, QD is just the publisher, not the developer. The only game that I have played in the Parallel resume is White Night, and it's pretty far from being QTE based. It's mostly puzzle solving and exploration in a sort of old horror, original RE or AitD structure. I found it pretty decent, but, for what I can see, that game was actually developed by OSone, so I' m not really sure what was Parallel contribution and if it can give any clue on this new game.

Top Bottom