• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves | PC Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
egs-unchartedlegacyofthievescollection-naughtydogllc-s1-2560x1440-3095f0bfcfc1.jpg

Game Information
Game Title: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Platforms:

• PC (2022)
  • PlayStation 5 (Jan 28, 2022)
Trailers:

Developer: Naughty Dog

Publisher: PlayStation

Review Aggregator:

MetaCritic - 87 average - 10 reviews

oKShK66.jpg

Critic Reviews

VGC - 10/10
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is a must buy for any PC gamer who loves action adventure games. If you have a capable PC, you'll enjoy it like a kid. Visually it's a real gem, the performance is excellent and the game is well adapted to be played comfortably with a keyboard and mouse. If only all PC ports in the future were like this one.
Areajugones - 9.5/10.0
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is a must buy for any PC gamer who loves action adventure games. If you have a capable PC, you'll enjoy it like a kid. Visually it's a real gem, the performance is excellent and the game is well adapted to be played comfortably with a keyboard and mouse. If only all PC ports in the future were like this one.
MGG - 9.0/10.0
Being able to play one of the best games in a generation on any platform is great, but when it’s optimized to perfection it’s even better. Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is one of those, a masterpiece that is a masterclass of a port. PC players rejoice, you’re once again getting PlayStations greatest at their absolute best.
Jeuxvideo.com - 8.5/10.0
As you will have understood, the PC port of Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection does everything that is asked of it and that is very good. On this new medium, the latest adventures of Nathan Drake and Chloé Frazer gain even more realism, thanks to a resolution and a framerate now at its maximum. We note here some improvements in terms of aliasing and lighting effects compared to the PS5 version. It's very simple, the Naughty Dog blockbuster has never been so sumptuous.
Eurogamer Italy - 8.0/10.0
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves finally arrives on PC in excellent shape, though not so excellent to hide its wrinkles.
We Got This Covered - 6.0/10.0
A lack of proper fullscreen support, no HDR, and the inability to cap the framerate above 30 FPS leaves this otherwise excellent collection feeling like a mishandled downgrade from the PlayStation 5 version.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Can't you cap FPS with rivatuner or Radeon chill? I'll play at 30 fps on my ancient rig anyways.

What about shader compilation, is it HZD style clusterfuck or have they finally learned that the approach Forza Horizon games use is the best?

I'd rather wait 5 minutes once for shaders to be optimized than have a bajillion in game stutters as the shaders cache in real time emulator style.

Last edited:

Pejo

Propably means it just has borderless fullscreen and doesnt have exclusive fullscreen. I think god of war was the same.
That's insanity if true. They're introducing latency and removing HDR for ease of alt-tabbing? Why would this be forced? I need to look up GoW now, I bought it but haven't installed it yet.

Stuart360

God i cant do with games that dont have a 'Fullscreen' option.

Although i wasnt keen on U4 anyway (didnt play the expansion game thingy). I would of much prefered the 'Nathan Drake Collection' over this.

ACESHIGH

Banned
? HZD compiles before the game starts. Or they changed that in some patch?

HZD went back and forth with the shader cache system. At release it compiled at the start menu every time you STARTED the game. Everyone complained of course and then they changed to compiling shaders while in game, just like an emulator. This introduced additional stutters and higher CPU usage. I think the issues with shader Cache were fixed but it took them 6 to 8 months.

Stuart360

HZD went back and forth with the shader cache system. At release it compiled at the start menu every time you STARTED the game. Everyone complained of course and then they changed to compiling shaders while in game, just like an emulator. This introduced additional stutters and higher CPU usage. I think the issues with shader Cache were fixed but it took them 6 to 8 months.
HZD doesnt compile shaders at all now, you can jump straight into the game. The game also performs way better now too ironically.

GreatnessRD

Can't you cap FPS with rivatuner or Radeon chill? I'll play at 30 fps on my ancient rig anyways.

What about shader compilation, is it HZD style clusterfuck or have they finally learned that the approach Forza Horizon games use is the best?

I'd rather wait 5 minutes once for shaders to be optimized than have a bajillion in game stutters as the shaders cache in real time emulator style.
Man... you better turn them settings down and get the proper 60 FPS experience you deserve, homie!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Not gon' hold you, but I think if it was $29.99 or even $39.99 it would've been up there. I truly believe people looking at that $49.99 and said I'm going to wait for the winter sale in December, lol.

I don’t think PC bros are as keen on these cinematic experience games as others. I playes 4 and thought it was not great. I may pick this up for cheap down the line to play the expansion because I’ve heard it’s much better.

GreatnessRD

I don’t think PC bros are as keen on these cinematic experience games as others. I playes 4 and thought it was not great. I may pick this up for cheap down the line to play the expansion because I’ve heard it’s much better.
That might be a fair point. I had Uncharted 4 when I bought the special edition PS4 so I could have one in my bedroom, but I never opened the game and gave it away, lol. I might pick this up during said steam sale to see what I missed.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So with some min-maxing a 3080 can do 4K native.
Add in DLSS and HFR 4K is doable.
Not bad, I wonder about what CPU perf will look like.
How low can we go.....4 core 12100 sufficient?

Horizon Zero Dawn does a shader comp on first start up?
how is that a clusterfuck when thats one of the best ways to do it?

If your game was compiling shaders again, it was likely due to you having updated your drivers or some other weirdness.

Stuart360

This didn’t crack the top 20 best sellers on Steam and comes out tomorrow. Feels like it’s gonna flop.
To be fair, this has been almost like a stealth release compared to Sony's other releases on PC, for whatever reason.
I dont think many PC gamers even realize this is coming out.

ACESHIGH

Banned
This didn’t crack the top 20 best sellers on Steam and comes out tomorrow. Feels like it’s gonna flop.

Saturation. Sony is releasing big games at 60/70 USD almost on a monthly basis. And linear games like uncharted are not PC gamers cup of tea. GT7 and Bloodborne on the other way...

JCK75

Uncharted is the game that got me to get my first playstation console, I'm 99% PC with my gaming..
having this and GOW on my Steam Deck is why I can wait for PS5.

rubhen925

got a chance to try both the games on pc today. Had an issue with U4 where a cutscenes transition instead showed a black screen. This was the only time it happened with about 90 mins played. For Uncharted Lost Legacy this was worse as cutscenes had bugs, glitches, and visual issues. Had to reload the first 4 cutscenes in the game. After the first 30 mins the cutscenes played normally. Not sure what this is about but this port seems a bit less polished than the PS5 version.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Never thought U4 was a very good game, LL was a good time though. I'll wait for a decent sale before jumping back in. Seeing as I've already bought these games and they gave a decent/good experience at best, I'm not so enthused to pay full price for the same thing again.

Vick

Gold Member
Feels like it’s gonna flop.
And it should. This release was my last hope for an Uncharted 4 60fps spared of all the little issues/downgrades compared to the original on PS4 Pro, and after all these delays it's barely on par with the PS5 version and even worse in LOD and bugs and who knows what else..

At least shadows are improved a bit, but that's not going to be nearly enough for the rougher spots. These damn games should sport RT shadows or at least PCSS to make them shine like diamonds. Naughty Dog updated their Engine and added them to TLoU Part I on PS5 so why couldn't they at the very least help Iron Galaxy doing the same?

Finally non retarded and deficient controls/gameplay.
Such an edgy nonsense. These games were made for PS controllers and felt a billion times better to play than basically the entirety of third person games on the same platforms.

I've spent countless hours on the Multiplayer and controls were 100% smooth as butter perfection on PS4/PS5.
For these two I wouldn't even trade the increased speed/accuracy of mouse & keyboard considering the worse experience for the rest, as these games are not nearly as shooters as I would have loved to and on PC there's no Multi.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Such an edgy nonsense. These games were made for PS controllers and felt a billion times better to play than basically the entirety of third person games on the same platforms.

I've spent countless hours on the Multiplayer and controls were 100% smooth as butter perfection on PS4/PS5.
For these two I wouldn't even trade the increased speed/accuracy of mouse & keyboard considering the worse experience for the rest, as these games are not nearly as shooters as I would have loved to and on PC there's no Multi.
Nonsense is having to drag a crosshair on screen, "needing" aim assists, claw grip to access every button at same time and L3/R3. Those things should have died at their birth. It's incredible these things still exist in 2022 and people pay for that.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Steam user reviews are live.

Here's one positive:

Here's the money Sony, excited for Miles Morales next month

Also give us:
Uncharted 1,2,3 (Nathan Drake Collection)
Bloodborne
Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost Of Tsushima
God of War Ragnarök
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Demon's Souls Remake
Infamous 1, 2 and Second Son
Shadow of the Colossus
Returnal
The Last Of Us 2 (TLOU 1 is coming as well)
Gran Turismo 7

We buy games on Steam we don't play so we can wait while playing the backlog, just keep releasing your games in this state for PC, good job!

And one negative:

Stop porting these low testosterone movie games if you want my money.
I dont want yet another cinematic "experience" that can be just watched on youtube.
I want Bloodborne. I want Demon's Souls. The real games that belong on PC. Not the soyboy adventures you keep releasing.

Orta

Banned
Bought my ps4 for this game. Never played it.

I'll likely get this version and never play it too.

Can't wait!

Last edited:

sainraja

I got it for the PC also. I was really hoping they'd start releasing games again on GOG.com but that hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom