• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection launches on January 28, 2022 on PS5

Topher

Gold Member
It wouldn't be such a big deal if Microsoft

Anyone can pretty much ignore anything you said after those words.

Winter Olympics Applause GIF by SB Nation

Don't be a console warrior, dude

Last edited:

Editaur

Doesn't seem like a worth while update for PS5 but I wouldn't mind to seeing Uncharted 2 on my ultra wide.

Great package for new players.

Last edited:
Anyone can pretty much ignore anything you said after those words. You've outed yourself as a console warrior.

Winter Olympics Applause GIF by SB Nation

Be better, dude.

giphy.gif

Lol, I don't own either console. Haven't found a reason to buy either a PS5 or XsX. Most of the best PS5 games are rereleases of PS4 games and I'm playing everything on PC at this point anyways. There's no compelling reason in my eyes to own when if you have a decent PC. That said, it's undeniable that the value proposition from what MSFT has on offer is a pretty big leap over what Sony's doing and this nickel and dime shit just further exacerbates that.

Topher

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Lol, I don't own either console. Haven't found a reason to buy either a PS5 or XsX. Most of the best PS5 games are rereleases of PS4 games and I'm playing everything on PC at this point anyways. There's no compelling reason in my eyes to own when if you have a decent PC. That said, it's undeniable that the value proposition from what MSFT has on offer is a pretty big leap over what Sony's doing and this nickel and dime shit just further exacerbates that.

It is still amazing to me that so many think owning something (or not owning something) means anything. It doesn't. Let me break this down for you. This has nothing to do with Microsoft. So you put up whatever gif you want to pretend you are not engaged in the console war, but you clearly are by bringing it up. If you want to criticize Sony then criticize Sony. Plenty have. Hell, I have. Why do you NEED to make this about Sony vs Microsoft?

Last edited:
It is still amazing to me that so many think owning something (or not owning something) means anything. It doesn't. Let me break this down for you. This has nothing to do with Microsoft. So you put up whatever gif you want to pretend you are not engaged in the console war, but you clearly are by bringing it up. If you want to criticize Sony then criticize Sony. Plenty have. Hell, I have. Why do you NEED to make this about Sony vs Microsoft?
Lemme break it down for YOU bud. You compare things that you own to themselves AND it's competition. It's not a hard concept to grasp. IF YOU WANT to turn it into, ***WAH...I don't care what the competition is doing WAH*** by all means. You do you. The reasonably adults will just continue the discussion. Jeezus. I thought you were joking before. But clearly you are just a fanboy. I've made the most tepid of comparisons and you are literally bemoaning CONSOLE WARZ DURH...

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Lemme break it down for YOU bud. You compare things that you own to themselves AND it's competition. Jeezus. I thought you were joking before. But clearly you are just a fanboy.

You compare things to its competition to make a consumer decision. That's not what you are doing here and you know it.

You compare things to its competition to make a consumer decision. That's not what you are doing here and you know it.
Bro, PLEASE Show me where I tried to START A CONSOLE WAR. If making small, literally minute comparisons is warring, you need to take a break from the internet bud. There's being reasonable, and then there's whatever the fuck you are doing.

LOL..

BY YOUR OWN METRIC....You posting in The PS5's SSD Expansion, while not as accessible as the competitors, it's surprisingly cheaper than I expected thread is inciting console wars.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Bro, PLEASE Show me where I tried to START A CONSOLE WAR. If making small, literally minute comparisons is warring, you need to take a break from the internet bud. There's being reasonable, and then there's whatever the fuck you are doing.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if Microsoft

I already quoted you. If you can't figure it out then I guess you just can't figure it out.

Topher

Gold Member
This you posting in a console war thread too bud?

Now you are just desperate. No idea why stating that I hope third party options for XSX become more affordable would be a console warrior post. You are not pretending I actually brought that up, are you? I certainly did not.

This you posting in a console war thread too bud? How DARE YOU COMPARE VALUE PROPOSITIONS YOU CONSOLE WARRIOR.

Now you seem to be changing your post minute by minute. And with all caps. Dude.....you are triggered.

Lol, I just can't with you. Don't care anymore to explain how comparisons, and value propositions work to you. You either get it or you don't. Have fun saying....whatever you are trying say/start/flame/antagonize.

Be smarter. The thread you linked was comparing PS5 to XSX storage right off the bat. This thread had nothing to do with Microsoft but you needed to drag it in. You can delude yourself that this thread about an PS game had anything to do with Microsoft if you want, but we both know that was bullshit. You came here to flame/antagonize. We both know that regardless of if you have the guts to admit it or not.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:
Now you are just desperate. No idea why stating that I hope third party options for XSX become more affordable would be a console warrior post. You are not pretending I actually brought that up, are you? I certainly did not.
Lol, I just can't with you. Don't care anymore to explain how comparisons, and value propositions work to you. You either get it or you don't. Have fun saying....whatever you are trying say/start/flame/antagonize.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
So PS4 pro resolution of 1440p running at 60fps. No visual enhancements. Instead of all these modes just implement dynamic resolution support.

Lazy.

Last edited:

pratyush

So i had activated PS+ collection but also have PS4 disc.

So if i install PS4 disc then i can upgrade for 10$?

Also is the upgrade option live yet?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So i had activated PS+ collection but also have PS4 disc.

So if i install PS4 disc then i can upgrade for 10$?

Also is the upgrade option live yet?
Just insert the disc and go to the store page. It will give you the option to upgrade for $10. No need to install it.

ZehDon

Gold Member
3 modes.

2160p @ 30 Hz
1440p @ 60 Hz
1080p @ 120 Hz
Was this supposed to be a rebuttal?

The games already runs at 1440p on the PS4 Pro, so we know that bumping the resolution is something they can already do. The multiplayer runs at 60 FPS, so we know that the games are already codes to operate at variable frame rates. Why is anyone being charged for any of this?

Mahavastu

If I have them seperate purchases (UC4/LL) I can upgrade both for $10. I don't need to have purchased them as a bundle right?
I purchased them separate and somehow today (not sure if it was there before) I saw a game called "Uncharted Digital Bundle" in PSN with the status "purchased". Maybe it is the same for you? if it is I would say you can definitly upgrade :messenger_grinning:
Anyway, I currently can only see the 50€ edition of the new collection, not the 10€ upgrade. I guess this will change over time.

NewYork214

So if I own uncharted 4, I can pay the $10 upgrade and get ps5 version as well as the spin off?

Really only interested in the spin off but would play through 4 again.

$10 is not too bad, but why tf did it take so long to produce if the graphics aren’t enhanced? It look them a year to release a basic 60fps unlock on Lou2. They have staff?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection has received a new trailer showcasing its look on PS5, let's compare it to the original also captured on PS5 (via PS4 Backward Compatibility).

Uncharted 4 & The Lost Legacy Remastered vs Original Early Graphics Comparison

Timestamps
Remastered 00:00
Original 00:26
Side-by-Side Comparison 00:44
Still frames 01:30

kyliethicc

$10 is not too bad, but why tf did it take so long to produce if the graphics aren’t enhanced? It look them a year to release a basic 60fps unlock on Lou2. They have staff?
For Uncharted - its to align with the movie coming in February. They're literally doing a thing where you can buy the game and get a movie ticket. Also the PC port, which still isn't dated yet.

As for TLOU2 patch, Sony probably just held it for it's 1 year anniversary. (It came out in June 2020, patch in June 2021.) Gave it a bump after it had been out a while.

So if I own uncharted 4, I can pay the $10 upgrade and get ps5 version as well as the spin off?

Really only interested in the spin off but would play through 4 again.
Yes. $10 and you get both PS5 games.

Last edited:
Lmao I am so fucking confused by how many people bitch and moan that the PSN+ free game for TLL is NOT applicable for an upgrade for the game.

Like, are you guys just children for not understanding the rational behind it from a business perspective?

Every other complaint I can understand, but not getting the option to pay for an upgrade that they gave as a treat for the services you paid for is really dumb.

You got what you paid for, a couple of free games a month that is directly tied to your PSN being active. Which essentially means you don't own it, but rent it as long as you continue paying for your sub.

Why tf would they allow you to spend money on a game you rented, tied to your PSN sub, on an upgrade that requires you to own the game through purchasing it?

You Just Dont Get It Pete Davidson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Shmunter

Lmao I am so fucking confused by how many people bitch and moan that the PSN+ free game for TLL is NOT applicable for an upgrade for the game.

Like, are you guys just children for not understanding the rational behind it from a business perspective?

Every other complaint I can understand, but not getting the option to pay for an upgrade that they gave as a treat for the services you paid for is really dumb.

You got what you paid for, a couple of free games a month that is directly tied to your PSN being active. Which essentially means you don't own it, but rent it as long as you continue paying for your sub.

Why tf would they allow you to spend money on a game you rented, tied to your PSN sub, on an upgrade that requires you to own the game through purchasing it?

One business perspective I see is Sony not getting an extra $10 from many ps+ users

One business perspective I see is Sony not getting an extra $10 from many ps+ users
I would have gladly paid to upgrade my ps+ FF7 remake to PS5 edition for $10 to $20, if I had the option. they must be banking on the fact that if you want it, there’s a chance you’ll just buy it fully someday. But I agree with you, as I never bought the full FF7 remake.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Yeah color me impressed. Didnt think sony would give away a game for free like that. I lost my copy of Lost Legacy so getting it digitally for free is kinda cool.

Unmissable PlayStation®5 console features:
• DualSense™ wireless controller features: Feel the action unfold with the DualSense™ wireless controller's haptic feedback through punches, vaults, and vehicular traversal. Experience the tension in rope swings via dynamic adaptive triggers.
• Fast loading: Jump back into the adventure quickly with the PS5™ console’s ultra-high speed SSD and near-instant load times.
• 3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.1
• Fidelity mode: Play in a super sharp native 4K resolution with a 30fps target frame rate.2
• Performance mode: Play with a smooth 60fps target frame rate.
o 4K TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution.
o 1080p HD TV players will experience a 1080p resolution super sampled from a 1440p base with improved anti-aliasing.
• Performance+ mode: Play with a high impact 120fps target frame rate3 and a 1080p resolution.

They are leaving a lot of performance on the table if they go with just 1440p 60 fps. I wonder if they even tried 1800p 60 fps. They should do what Kojima did. Native 4k unlocked framerate. 1800p 60 fps locked. Widescreen native 4k 60 fps.
So, 4K30 is actually 1440p30? 😑

Edit: Wait... So my initial post is correct?

Edit 2: I'd go with 1440p90 (thanks to VRR) on PC, if I can. It's a nice mid-way point between 60 and 120fps with good enough image quality.

Edit 3: I think they could also go the Insomniac route by providing 4K40 mode for HRR display owners.

Last edited:

wazhouss

Neo Member
The thing is that ps+ games are locked behind the subscription, it doesn't make sense to allow for an upgrade path for games that are locked to a subscription service, otherwise you would be able to play the upgraded game without ps+ or you would pay $10 and wouldn't be play the game if your sub expires. Anyway, sony is making more money from people that buy the $50 full game than those ps+ users who would do the $10 upgrade.

Last edited:

wazhouss

Neo Member

I agree, I guess kids don't have common sense on how businesses work.

Shmunter

I would have gladly paid to upgrade my ps+ FF7 remake to PS5 edition for $10 to $20, if I had the option. they must be banking on the fact that if you want it, there’s a chance you’ll just buy it fully someday. But I agree with you, as I never bought the full FF7 remake.
And truly, there are millions of ps+ Users. Many would bite for the small entry cost, like dlc. Instead many won’t.

It’s really telling, betting on the whales as opposed to pleasing many more. For the gamers! - Disgraceful.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So, 4K30 is actually 1440p30? 😑

Edit: Wait... So my initial post is correct?

Edit 2: I'd go with 1440p90 (thanks to VRR) on PC, if I can. It's a nice mid-way point between 60 and 120fps with good enough image quality.

Edit 3: I think they could also go the Insomniac route by providing 4K40 mode for HRR display owners.

I think a 4K@40 Hz for 120 Hz displays mode would be a great compromise. I wonder what are the differences between quality and performance mode aside from resolution.

kyliethicc

For those wondering why is it "only" 1440p60 and 4K30...

Uncharted 4 on PS4 Pro = 1440p @ 30 Hz = 110,592,000 pixels/second

So what were some of the options...

1440p @ 60 Hz = 221,184,000 pixels/second = 2.0x of 1440p30
2160p @ 30 Hz = 248,832,000 pixels/second = 2.25x of 1440p30
1080p @ 120 Hz = 248,832,000 pixels/second = 2.25x of 1440p30
2160p @ 40 Hz = 331,776,000 pixels/second = 3.0x of 1440p30
1800p @ 60 Hz = 345,600,000 pixels/second = 3.125x of 1440p30
2160p @ 60 Hz = 497,664,000 pixels/second = 4.5x of 1440p30

PS5's GPU is ~ 2.5x of PS4 Pro's.

And so the 3 modes on PS5 are perfectly within what's to be expected from the increase in GPU power and bandwidth from PS4 Pro to PS5. Not the best case scenario, but a totally normal boost. A jump up to 1800p60 or up to 4K60 is a much higher increase than should not be expected for most graphically demanding games when ported from PS4 Pro to PS5. There are exceptions, like Death Stranding, but most games will not be as easy to boost to high framerates at such higher resolutions. And a 4K @ 40 Hz mode may be possible, but idk. Its noticeably more pixels per second than 4K30 / 1440p60 / 1080p120, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Some game engines scale better than others.

Last edited:

Shmunter

And so the 3 modes on PS5 are perfectly within what's to be expected from the increase in GPU power and bandwidth from PS4 Pro to PS5. Not the best case scenario, but a totally normal boost. A jump up to 1800p60 or up to 4K60 is a much higher increase than should not be expected for most graphically demanding games when ported from PS4 Pro to PS5. There are exceptions, like Death Stranding, but most games will not be as easy to boost to high framerates at such higher resolutions. And a 4K @ 40 Hz mode may be possible, but idk. Its noticeably more pixels per second than 4K30 / 1440p60 / 1080p120, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Some game engines scale better than others.
Cause it’s the same game with nothing but a frame unlock and recompile. I’ll retract that if it’s got added gfx flourishes beyond just that.

Hunnybun

But you're assuming that the game was already maxed out on the Pro, which was less than 2x the pps of the PS4 released, when the Pro had more than 2x the power of the PS4 and with IPC gains on top.

Starting from the PS4 it's clear that a 4x increase for a PS5 release is anaemic, even discounting IPC gains.

Shmunter

What are you talking about?
You’ve put up stats in line with a straight brute force bc like approach. Which makes sense with no effort from a port.

Proper PS5 effort would extend on such an approach with new GPU architecture, put in some reconstruction, drs, etc. A locked framerate while delivering resolution when there is opportunity, etc.

As it is, it’s just a cheap cash grab which could have been achieved via a free patch to the original. Again, if there are improved gfx over and above a frame or rez bump, I reserve the right to retract my opinion.

Last edited:

Shmunter

The thing is that ps+ games are locked behind the subscription, it doesn't make sense to allow for an upgrade path for games that are locked to a subscription service, otherwise you would be able to play the upgraded game without ps+ or you would pay $10 and wouldn't be play the game if your sub expires. Anyway, sony is making more money from people that buy the $50 full game than those ps+ users who would do the $10 upgrade.
People buy dlc for ps+ games under the same premise.

kyliethicc

You’ve put up stats in line with a straight brute force bc like approach. Which makes sense with no effort from a port.

Proper PS5 effort would extend on such an approach with new GPU architecture, put in some reconstruction, drs, etc. A locked framerate while delivering resolution when there is opportunity, etc.

As it is, it’s just a cheap cash grab which could have been achieved via a free patch to the original. Again, if there are improved gfx over and above a frame or rez bump, I reserve the right to retract my opinion.
Naughty Dog doesn't use DRS / reconstruction in their engine. I recall a dev mentioning they prefer native res for the TAA they use.

Top Bottom