• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection launches on January 28, 2022 on PS5

Draugoth

Gold Member

FGApmTGXsAQm3O_

• if you have purchased Uncharted 4/TLL/Bundle before, you can upgrade to the PS5 remaster for 10 bucks
  • owners of the PS+ version of Uncharted 4 will not be able to upgrade
  • the multiplayer mode is apparently cut and "not part of this new collection"
  • There is also a limited movie ticket offer - no details on PC release
- Fidelity Mode: 4K 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: 60 FPS mode
- Performance+ Mode: 1080p 120 FPS
- improved load times
- 3D Audio support
- DualSense support

Last edited:

Skifi28

Any info on upgrade options yet? Certainly not rebuying this.

Edit: Answered.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I think it's fair the upgrade fee for previous owners. If they didn't allow previous owners to upgrade it would have been an issue. I only played Uncharted 4 so not worth it for me as I never replay games so when this is dirt cheap I'll buy it for Lost Legacy.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think it's fair the upgrade fee for previous owners. If they didn't allow previous owners to upgrade it would have been an issue. I only played Uncharted 4 so not worth it for me as I never replay games so when this is dirt cheap I'll buy it for Lost Legacy.

Can't upgrade the PS+ versions though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
  • if you have purchased Uncharted 4/TLL/Bundle before, you can upgrade to the PS5 remaster for 10 bucks
  • owners of the PS+ version of Uncharted 4 will not be able to upgrade
  • the multiplayer mode is apparently cut and "not part of this new collection"
  • There is also a limited movie ticket offer - no details on PC release
- Fidelity Mode: 4K 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: 60 FPS mode
- Performance+ Mode: 1080p 120 FPS
- improved load times
- 3D Audio support
- DualSense support
Surprised there is a $10 upgrade option. I thought for sure they would make us pay the full $70 for this thing.

120 fps mode is welcome. Finally a fucking Sony game with a 120 fps mode. Surely this means TLOU2 is next.

All in all, kinda happy about this. The only problem is I have no interest replaying U4, but I Love Lost Legacy and for whatever reason, I cant find the damn game disc. Hopefully it turns up. Fantastic game.

Kupfer

Remaster Golden Abyss already!
Awesome Uncharted game, especially for a portable game. I had more fun playing this than replaying the "old" PS3 Uncharted games on my PS4. Great visuals, fun gameplay, great implementation of the Vitas' features and I actually bought the treasure map to get all the collectibles.

This collection seems not worth buying for people who already played the games on PS4 - and honestly, who didn't yet?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
they can't even hit 4k60 smh
I dont know of any native 1080p 30 fps game on the PS4 that runs at native 4k 60 fps. The native 4k 60 fps modes you are getting are basically dynamic 4k that hover around 1440p 60 fps. The PS5 is only 5x more powerful than the PS4 in tflops count, and maybe 6x more powerful with all the IPC gains. To get a 1080p 30 fps game running at 4x the resolution and 2x the framerate you need something closer to 8x or 16 tflops.

Bramble

Are you really surprised by this? You can't upgrade Mortal Shell and FFVII as well. Why would this be any different? Sony isn't a charity company.

What I am confused about: I had the Uncharted 4 disc version, which I sold because it is in the PS Plus collection. That can't be upgraded. I do however own a digital license for The Lost Legacy. Does this mean I can pay €10 and get the full bundle? So I get Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy PS5 versions? That sounds to good to be true.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Are you really surprised by this? You can't upgrade Mortal Shell and FFVII as well. Why would this be any different? Sony isn't a charity company.

It'd be nice if there was a way for the games to detect what hardware you were playing on and just install that version without the next-gen version being paywalled.

And you could upgrade Wreckfest to the PS5 version I believe. So it's picking and choosing which game can or can't do it, which becomes confusing.

Last edited:

Thief1987

Good deal for those who have only one game for 10$ they will get second game + upgrade, just for performance upgrade not so much though

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I get that they won’t allow ps+ versions to upgrade as how would they manage it if a person didn’t continue to subscribe? Still, this neutering of ps+ games being offered pisses me off.

Elios83

For 10$ it's a good deal to upgrade two games to me. People thought they were going to sell this full price :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Let's see if 4K mode has extra graphical details compared to performance to justify the 30fps.
Seems like FF7 Intergrade.
120fps mode is also interesting.

My only doubt is that I have U4 physical and Lost Odyssey digital, hopefully there won't be issues to upgrade.

engstra

Good deal for those who have only one game for 10$ they will get second game + upgrade, just for performance upgrade not so much though
Don't think you just get the second game for free? I think they mean if you buy the upgrade you can play the game you own

KAL2006

Banned
I've finished Uncharted 4 and still have the save file. But no longer own the disk. My friend owns Lost Legacy, can I borrow his disk and claim the upgrade for free then no longer need the disk

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
cool i guess, but im not gonna pay 10 dollars for this upgrade lol

Arioco

No 4k/60? No thanks.

Maybe that would be too much for PS5. The game is 1440P at 30 fps on PS4 Pro. 4K at 60 fps would be over 4 times the pixels per second, while PS5 is only 2.4 more powerful than Pro.

I'm even a bit surprised there's a 120 fps mode at all. Is this the first game which is 30 fps on last gen consoles and has s 120 fps mode for current gen? All of the 120 fps games for current gen consoles that I know of were 60 fps on last gen machines.

cormack12

Gold Member
If I have them seperate purchases (UC4/LL) I can upgrade both for $10. I don't need to have purchased them as a bundle right?

MikeM

So is this Uncharted 3? I’m not familiar with the franchise and have no clue where this falls.

Salz01

I’m not understanding how this isn’t 4K 60 fps. Isn’t TLOU2 patch dynamic resolution at 60 fps?

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
So going the Nintendo route of rereleasing everything and charging for it.

Can't say I'm a fan.

Ellery

10$ upgrade is better than what most expected them to be ultra greedy and sell this as a new collection for 70$.

Not having 4K 60fps is pretty disappointing though. The PS5 is 10.2 TF with a much more efficient and new architecture compared to the PS4 1.8TF. The power increase is a lot more than what would usually amount to going from 1080p30 to 4k60.

Looks like this could've been an easy free patch that was released together with the PS5.

Top Bottom