• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Coming to PC According to Sony Documents

VFXVeteran

Banned
Would it be hard to get all of the games ported simultaneously, or would it require each individual game to be worked on, due to minor differences in the engine across the games? VFXVeteran VFXVeteran
It depends on the company. Sony as a whole isn't working on these ports. I think ND would do their ports, Sony Santa Monica would do theirs, GG theirs, etc..

Now what I don't know is if Sony as a corporation is going to queue up all the exclusives on PC and distribute them gradually over time or distribute as soon as they are ready.

sunnysideup

Banned
Once prices drop for 3d cards. Console gaming is going to implode.

Its in the air. If you can get all games on pc. People will game on pc.

Reindeer

Once prices drop for 3d cards. Console gaming is going to implode.

Its in the air. If you can get all games on pc. People will game on pc.
I doubt it as they're too different audiences. Console centric gamers like the ease and comfort of console gaming. It will stop PC focused gamers buying PS5 though, depending if they're willing to wait for exclusives to come to PC though (I suspect they won't).

Last edited:

sunnysideup

Banned
I doubt it as they're too different audiences. Console centric gamers like the ease and comfort of console gaming.
I dont believe that for a second. Pc gaming used to be somewhat different. When pc games offered something unique, often more cerebral.

But these days? Its the same games on console and pc. And with streaming and such. Honestly pc is more mainstream than consoles.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I don't have the best GPU around (RX580) but it should be enough for a smooth 30 fps performance at original settings at 1080p or even 1440p. Maybe they fixed a lot with patch 1.10 but on Meridian I had terrible fps drops and I have seen people with better HW complaining as well.
I recently finished that game and didn't notice anything performance lacking. It does take up a lot of VRAM though. I'm on a RTX3090 and it's allocating quite a bit of RAM (~12G). All I can say at this point is that the game is as good as it's going to get. Not every game is going to run fairly decent across all GPU levels. That's just the way it is unfortunately.

The shader cache system this game uses is the worst I have seen. You need to compile everything each time you start the game. You can go in-game but it will still hammer the CPU until it finishes compiling. The previous cache system they used before patching was better.
Yes, it is horrible. And you are right. Maybe it's just HZD because I didn't notice this with Death Stranding.

IBoAKeYdERiDAygi

Neo Member
Good point, that’s make sense
Let me clarify something, I would really prefer to be wrong here, because while said what I said, I still keep seeing this scenario in my head where we will get only the first "The Last of Us" game on PC, I don't mean to sound like it won't be enough, it will be enough, but I myself only ever played the first "The Last of Us" game and that was almost 6 years ago, these days I am dying to play both of them, but the chances of it happening are very small right now. I personally don't know Sony's marketing strategy, I don't know their plans, I only have a dream, which is to enjoy both "The Last of Us" games one day.

Last edited:

Little Chicken

Gold Member
I think this will be the best performing Sony game on Steam.

Sony seem determined to ignore Bloodborne. They must know the demand is there, probably holding out for a remake down the line :messenger_loudly_crying:

YCoCg

I'm annoyed by this, Uncharted 4 when you've got Bloodborne, Dreams, hell even Lost Legacy, Knack, etc right there. I hope it at least leads to a PS5 boost patch because it seems like a weird choice to port the end of a series to a platform of new players.

Sony seem determined to ignore Bloodborne. They must know the demand is there, probably holding out for a remake down the line :messenger_loudly_crying:

I'm annoyed by this, Uncharted 4 when you've got Bloodborne, Dreams, hell even Lost Legacy, Knack, etc right there. I hope it at least leads to a PS5 boost patch because it seems like a weird choice to port the end of a series to a platform of new players.
I'm guessing BB will sell more than any of them. Most people have the exact sentiment, and it aligns with PC user base. Why play a walking sim, when you can be the star of the show (BB)?

Holammer

If PS5 back compat or a PC version isn't shown this E3 season, I'm guessing From's gotta say in the matter and they don't wanna or Sony considers the title a costly failure.
There's some funny business going on with that one.

Top Bottom