• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Coming to PC According to Sony Documents

Kilau

Gold Member
I’ve said it before but I wish Sony would do more on PC than just dump the games on there. More like a PlayStation on PC experience rather than just PlayStation games on PC.

I don’t want another store front but an integration with PSN would be nice to make it feel all connected.

Stuart360

I’ve said it before but I wish Sony would do more on PC than just dump the games on there. More like a PlayStation on PC experience rather than just PlayStation games on PC.

I don’t want another store front but an integration with PSN would be nice to make it feel all connected.
Well they created a Playstation Steam page. Got to start somewhere.
If their intention is to build up PSNow into a Gamepass rival, i'm sure that would end up on PC at some point.

kretos

Banned
Well who do you mean then?, i mean you posted that reply in this thread, so you must be on about users who have posted in this thread, so who then?.
Or were you just shit posting and talking bollocks?

why do you assume i mean someone specific? i'm talking in general

tenor.gif

VFXVeteran

Banned
I can see this happening for cross gen games like Horizon Forbidden West and Miles Morales as those games are designed around a HDD. The problem with PS5 exclusives are that those games are designed around the SSD. Yes PC does have a SSD but to have a minimum spec for SSD only PC gamers will decrease the PC market of gamers so the work wouldn't be worth it for such a small market. However I can see after several years once SSD is so common on PC they will start putting their PS5 lineup.

Porting PS5 games to PC won't be a problem because of SSD usage. Devs aren't going to make a game to maximize the SSD like that. No need to worry.

Kilau

Gold Member
Well they created a Playstation Steam page. Got to start somewhere.
If their intention is to build up PSNow into a Gamepass rival, i'm sure that would end up on PC at some point.
Yes that’s true and the PSNow windows program has some of that integration by virtue of playing on actual PlayStations.

Bryank75

Banned
Now UC4
If Sony shorten the port period from the 4/5 years that UC4 and Horizon have seen to instead the ~2 years that Days Gone (or even year that Death Stranding got) got then I literally see no reason for anyone remotely serious about video games to own a PS or Xbox console ever again.

Uncharted and particularly 4 is a flagship PS game, arguably the flagship game/series. If it's coming to PC then pretty much every Sony 1st party will eventually imo.

Seems like both Sony and MS feel they've attracted enough of the "casual" market that they can afford to forgo enthusiast sales in terms of consoles going forward.

It's only 'legacy titles' going to PC, when PS6 is coming, you'll get some PS5 games going to PC.

It preserves the games and squeezes some more value and profits out of them.

It was in one of the tweets by Zhuge.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Every PC gamer called it a walking simulator?, every one of them?.
Actually i want the orig trilogy remaster. Uncharted 2 and 3 are fantastic games, and much better than U4 imo.
Kinda sad you are right.

4 was such a dud

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well, might as well start with the least enjoyable of the series, and build up to the highpoint with Uncharted 2.

Stuart360

Kinda sad you are right.

4 was such a dud
Bear in mind i played it on the free week of PSNow when it launched on PC, meaning i was playing at a fuzzy 720p and lost the graphical flair.
Still i think Uncharted 2 and 3 are much better games, with much more action.

Dacon

Banned
IIRC Horizon sold 700k units in its first month. lets assume lifetime its double that. thats 1.5 million units at $60 or $90 million. 30% valve cut brings it down to $60 million. days gone sold half which is expected since it was never as popular or well received as horizon on ps4. so thats $30 million.

thats it. sony did this for $30 million lol. $15 million first month. I am guessing Jimbo got a nice yacht out of it because i dont see this making a dent in their quarterly earnings.

I see they are looking to go all in on mobile and GaaS games so yeah, they have become like every other publisher chasing money whereever the fad takes them. The funny thing is that they dont realize they are a hardware company and the moment they stop selling hardware is the moment they will stop selling software, services, and whatever the fuck they are trying to do with mobile.

By diluting the value of their hardware.... their main product, they are essentially becoming a third party publisher who like everyone else have to play by a different set of rules. Profits before quality. Games designed in boardrooms by money hungry execs instead of artists. Shoving Microtransactions and services where they dont belong. they will soon turn into ubisoft or worse EA.

Oh well. it was fun while it lasted. expecting a public company to put gamers over shareholders was wishful thinking anyway. its just business. The one good thing is that gamers no longer have to spend $60 a year for PS+ and will likely get 60 fps versions of sony exclusives on PC on day one. instead of buying the ps5 pro or waiting for a PS6 patch. I mostly game on PCs nowadays anyway so this is good news for me.

Good lord.

now the people that was calling it walking simulator are drooling lol

Nah UC4 is still at the bottom of the list for me. Lost Legacy was way better, but it's still a decent game.

Every PC gamer called it a walking simulator?, every one of them?.
Actually i want the orig trilogy remaster. Uncharted 2 and 3 are fantastic games, and much better than U4 imo.

Same. I'm happy about this news, but I want 1-3 on pc more. The original trilogy with the added benefit of mouse and keyboard controls +120 fps would be amazing for me. I'd probably enjoy Drake's Fortune much more thanks to the precision of a mouse, give how headshot heavy the game is if you wanna play on any high difficulties.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Not factions. My contact worked at ND.
I'm talking about the TLOU2 MP spin-off.. isn't ND developing that?

ND hired for an "economy designer" earlier this year.. definitely something MTX heavy/GAAS in the works.

I'm not saying TLOU 1 isn't coming to PC, but I think it's almost certain TLOU 2 multiplayer is.

Last edited:

Pejo

Worst Uncharted but I'll still double dip if true. I'd rather they start with the UC collection, as others have stated.

YuLY

I dont understand the logic of releasing 4 first...like what are we going to understand from the story.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am just replaying it on PS5. It's amazing.
I wonder how would they get that 3d audio to work since it books into system 3d audio.

Long single player adventure with great story, characters and just amazing gameplay. No stupid upgrades, RPG elements or any mtx. Just pure fantastic game. These are treasures in modern times. And the sense of adventure in this one is the best of all 4 imo

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah, Uncharted 4 is a borefest. Its pretty for sure but the pacing is terrible.
The first Uncharted is way more fun to play.
The pacing is perfect. I almost wish some parts were longer as I take it all in. It's one of those games I take longer to replay than it is since I spend so much time in each location looking around

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I am just replaying it on PS5. It's amazing.
I wonder how would they get that 3d audio to work since it books into system 3d audio.

Long single player adventure with great story, characters and just amazing gameplay. No stupid upgrades, RPG elements or any mtx. Just pure fantastic game. These are treasures in modern times. And the sense of adventure in this one is the best of all 4 imo
It's my GOAT game. I replay the campaign once or twice every year

ZywyPL

Banned
Man those screens. Is it just me or is it really starting to show its age compared to TLOU2?, at least the patched PS5 version anyway.

1080p does show its age. Plus the textures aren't as sharp as in later PS4 games. But other than that it's still one of the best looking games of the generation, very underrated in this regard I'd say. But if it really comes to PC, all those issues will be solved.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nah, I'll pass untill they bring the trilogy, or even each game separately... Been waiting for them to port those to PC so I can finally give them a chance but I hate loosing on plot details

Top Bottom