• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Coming to PC According to Sony Documents

elliot5

XfyTD5V.png

Sony IR Day 2021 Game & Network Services Segment_E

Varteras

Gold Member
I hope they release the Uncharted trilogy remaster first. Played all 3 on PS3, but many PC users wont have.
Yeah I'm surprised they aren't leading off with The Nathan Drake Collection. Still, this took a lot longer than I thought it would for Uncharted 4 to reach PC. Though that might be because of its sales. It was over 15 million two years ago. Probably just wanted to make sure they squeezed out every sale on PlayStation before going to PC.

KAL2006

Banned
I know the OP is about Uncharted 4 PC. Sony games.coming to PC is nothing new anymore.

What interests me is that part that states "develop more service led experiences within first part roster".

We already know about new IP coming from Firewalk studios that's going to be a new AAA multiplayer game exclusive to PS5. We have had rumours that Horizon 2 will have a multiplayer component. We have seen Sucker Punch experiment with a free multiplayer mode in Ghost of Tsushima which may lead Sucker Punch to put more emphasis on multiplayer in their next game. We know Last of Us Factions wil be standalone and bigger than before. I wonder what other surprises we have in terms of multiplayer and Sony

elliot5

Nathan Drake Collection is a port of PS3 games running on PS4 hardware by Bluepoint.. who makes games by running the native PS3 game code through very compelling engineering solutions in-house (this is also how Demon's Souls PS5 works) with their custom engine. Porting that to PC would probably be tougher than porting a native PS4 x86 game like UC4.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
would be stupid to release the latest one, remaster the 1-3 Uncharted, release on steam, profit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shhhhh.... Gamers dont really follow strategy slides. It's better to tell investors who dont go on forums instead of PRing it in a Sony tweet to gamers to prevent uproar.

Dont forget about PS+ Video Pass sub plan. A big slide about it. That Polish test will be coming out soon to everyone.

Q7blmjL.jpg

Last edited:

Sentenza

Can't even pretend to be surprised given that the rumor was doing the rounds for a while at this point.
Still, leakers claimed they were going to release something titled "Uncharted Collection", not UC4 alone.
Wonder if they were wrong or it's just Sony being purposefully vague on the details here.

Last edited:

sainraja

I think Sony might be trying to position the PlayStation brand to be even bigger, perhaps like how Disney etc are. Good that they are releasing some of the titles to PC. I would also like to see the collection on PC and hopefully they will put it on GOG.com or create their own store front connected to the PS ecosystem.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
It only a matter of when.
God of War probably around the release of Ragnarok or shortly after. I'm surprised The Last of Us isn't already being pushed for it. Part 2, on the other hand, is probably still selling well enough that they don't want to make a PC version until they feel like its sales are done on console.

dotnotbot

If, or rather when Uncharted 4 and God of War make it to PC, I'm sure they'll release their respective collections first.
Sony can't be that stupid.

Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if they count on people buying console or Playstation Now to play other installments.

Orta

Banned
I bought my ps4 in anticipation of Horizon ZD. Got delayed so I bought the Uncharted 4 pack-in with the console as it looked amazing.

Never played either of them.

Now I can't bloody wait to get both on pc and never play them all over again!

Pedro Motta

Yeah Sea of Thieves would fit that, and there are rumours about Infinite too (the 10 year thing). I wouldnt really call Gears or Forza GAAS games though.
Well, I would, everytime I try to play one of them I get bombarded by info screens to buy skins and ad-ons. It's sickening,

Won’t be surprised if they leave 60fps off the table for PS5 to max PC sales. Don’t think I can support that given the PS5 can do this easily. Fun game, but not another $60 fun just for a redo at 60fps.

Prove me wrong Sony. I think that’s why LoU2 got a 60fps patch out of the blue, Pc port incoming.

elliot5

Yeah Sea of Thieves would fit that, and there are rumours about Infinite too (the 10 year thing). I wouldnt really call Gears or Forza GAAS games though.
Gears 5 MP and Forza Horizon 4 are definitely GAAS. Gears has seasons, dlc content, etc. Forza has plenty of dlc, car packs, continued updates, etc. Basically any game that sticks around and has a roadmap of content and consistent stream of updates over its lifespan is a GAAS. Assassin's Creed games fit the bill, too, even though they're single player because of the procedural quests and DLC and cosmetics and season passes.

Top Bottom