• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unboxing Xbox Pulse Red Wireless Controller – Xbox Series X|S

Red and Blue look nice, only thing I would prefer is if the analogs were black and back was red too. Maybe the face buttons being original colors since they are different for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they advertise the D pad changes. xbox d pad has been garbage for 15 years and they still haven't made it good. Try playing a fighting game with it.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
young thug handshake GIF

Red and Blue look nice, only thing I would prefer is if the analogs were black and back was red too. Maybe the face buttons being original colors since they are different for a reason.

Well, regarding the analogue sticks, at least for the pulse red, you could always put some black thumb grips as to make 'em match with the (black) buttons and shoulder buttons.
Can't help you with the black back, sorry :messenger_beaming:

Red looks good, think i'm gonna grab me one.

impressive, it's a regular controller but in red.

The shill from the video : " i've got the black controller, i've got the blue controller and the white one but this one really stands out above the rest of them".
3 years from now, same dude : " i've got the black controller, i've got the blue controller, i've got white one, the purple one, the green one, the yellow one, the pink one, the cameo one but this one is my favorite".

Also : "they've improved the battery life on it" - that's an actual lie, battery life is worse compared to the xbox one controller due to it having reduced latency (which is a nice thing tbh), xbox one controller would last me up to 5+ days with 2450mAh batteries, new one lasts me up to 3-4 days max.

I hated the 360 D-Pad, the One D-Pad also sucked. I bought a DS4 for all my retro games because the Xbox D-Pads were so bad. But the new D-Pad is just great, even better than the DS.

Agreed friend, it really is good, now, if it wasn't for the Clickety -CLICK-clIcK action it would have been even better :D

I love how they advertise the D pad changes. xbox d pad has been garbage for 15 years and they still haven't made it good. Try playing a fighting game with it.

oh yeah. I played a few fighting games with the new Series x controller. It’s fantastic now. Actually, the best included controller for fighting games ever, IMHO.

Last edited:

TAS

I really like the color but I'm not a fan of the white back at all. Black would have looked so much sharper IMO

Max_Po

Banned
You have been warned

There are more controller color variations than exclusives on Xbox Ser Consoles

.... I warned you ...

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Remember when Nintendo used to launch consoles with a lot of colors and it was just a thing? Now, new colors apparently is a big deal

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I can't say enough how good the new d-pad is

Only the saturn and maybe the vita d-pad are better

It's literally just a fucking red standard Xbox controller 🤣🤣
Came in here thinking this was some special edition elite controller or some shit

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
So this Microsoft trend of making news about a thing as mundane of a pad color continúes, ok i guess when you havent any relevant news about games they need something to talk

SRTtoZ

The biggest problem is you can’t get an elite in these colors. As long as that controller exists it makes all these colors obselete for me since it’s such a better made controller. I had this problem last gen when I bought the Phantom White which looked sick but I never used it since I own the Elite V2. Now release a brand new V3 in color schemes and I swear I’d shell out for another.

Last edited:
Top Bottom