• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ukraine refugee feels traumatised watching people eat meat

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Dude has face tattoos.
Tony-Garnett-Sofiia-Karkadym-04.jpg
Her face just screams 'how long do I have to stay with this moron to get a UK passport'

[/URL][/URL]

Some choice quotes:

Some fucking people...

You escaped a war torn country and someone has kindly offered you a roof and you have the audacity to pontificate this bullshit.
People like her justifying my hatred of humanity. Every single day I find more and more good reasons to hate people.

No I'm not being figurative. No I'm not exaggerating. I mean I really hate most people and I want to emphasize the word hate.

Last edited:

BigBooper

People like her justifying my hatred of humanity. Every single day I find more and more good reasons to hate people.

No I'm not being figurative. No I'm not exaggerating. I mean I really hate most people and I want to emphasize the word hate.
You need to go smell a rose and kiss a duckling. Your negativity is off the charts.

Zeroing

Banned

Ok time to time I like to be serious! I’ll start with the old cliche that hates generates more hate and it becomes a vicious circle! Me, growing up, I had people expressing hate towards me just because of my sexuality! Trust me it is so easy to hate other people! But that consumes us inside!

I know you’re not asking for advice and you are free to ignore it but hating someone or a group… you are just giving them power! What I mean is you are focusing your attention and emotions towards them! Do not fall for that! Just focus on yourself! You are in charge on your happiness! Focus on what makes you smile and on those you like.

:)

Tams

Gold Member
I get your point but we've already had Nigel the cunt do a lot to stir up xenophobia. BBC news become trash a while ago, along with many of the biased political commentators.
BBC News really didn't become 'trash'. There are some feature pieces that are a bit dodgy/poorly though out, but that's it.

For the most part they are a standard news organisation, just reporting the news. And then you get the odd investigation of great merit, like the recent Uighur incarceration/genocide one.

Of course, due to your ignorance and bias, you won't have seen it or the like.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What would be more traumatizing is if you were disabled or had a disabled child. Healthcare costs a fortune, especially if you can’t utilize healthcare in another country. Dietary restrictions have a huge impact on your overall health. Not being able to eat gluten because of the pain you receive afterwards is a big deal. People with thyroid issues can’t consume a lot of different foods either.

It’s all about perspective in a lot of situations. For some, it is a big deal and for others it’s just a way to get attention. I don’t eat meat and I don’t exactly have a desire to eat meat. I also feel like there are plenty of options available for me in America. My wife on the other hand can’t eat certain foods due to thyroid disease. Her doctor said her ricks of cancer are higher if she consumes certain foods. Which in all honesty, giving up a certain food is easier than gambling with your health. I’d rather weigh everything in at the end of my life if I didn’t develop heart disease or colon cancer.

Jsisto

This is a dumb article, paints refugees in a negative light, and they should be ashamed for posting it. It won't load for me currently, which gives me hope they took it down. If it's even true, they found one refugee out of millions who was ungrateful....this is not news....

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
This is a dumb article, paints refugees in a negative light, and they should be ashamed for posting it. It won't load for me currently, which gives me hope they took it down. If it's even true, they found one refugee out of millions who was ungrateful....this is not news....
It is news of it is posted by a damn BBC, shows how far that station has fallen.
On the article itself - she’s from Kiev, ffs. There was like a week of heat early March, then nothing. Way to overreact.

Thought she had witnessed people from Ukraine cannibalised by Russians or some shit. Damn she's got some privileged entitlement as a survivor. 😶

dr_octagon

Banned
BBC News really didn't become 'trash'. There are some feature pieces that are a bit dodgy/poorly though out, but that's it.

For the most part they are a standard news organisation, just reporting the news. And then you get the odd investigation of great merit, like the recent Uighur incarceration/genocide one.

Of course, due to your ignorance and bias, you won't have seen it or the like.
There are plenty of instances of bias not just a simple reporting of news. I know there are plenty journalists and investigations are world class. It used to be a lot more impartial.

I'll accept being called a cunt but not ignobias.

Top Bottom