• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK weekly charts, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart returns to No.1 with an 187% sales jump

Thirty7ven

Banned
I’m going to be paying £70 a game this gen, when last gen they were £40-50 on launch.

#winning

giphy.gif

Thirty7ven

Banned
It’s not though when you give it away for free with the console and the console is selling every unit they manufacture.

Bundling games is a simple and cheap/free way to inflate first party sales numbers. Any game that is bundled should have a giant * next to its “sales” numbers. Wii Fit didn’t “sell” 100 million copies, it was given away for free 100 million times.

For free, LMAO, what a dumb argument. Like saying it's "free on gamepass" is dumb, but saying it here is just whoa. You pay for the game MrFunnySocks, you can't get that PS5 without paying for the game that's the thing, you just get a 10£ discount.

They can't stock PS5s fast enough but you thought they were already giving away shit for free?

Tripolygon

Banned
It’s not though when you give it away for free with the console and the console is selling every unit they manufacture.

Bundling games is a simple and cheap/free way to inflate first party sales numbers. Any game that is bundled should have a giant * next to its “sales” numbers. Wii Fit didn’t “sell” 100 million copies, it was given away for free 100 million times.
Why is it that whenever I see your post it’s always something incredibly stupid? You could have saved yourself the embarrassment and simply looked up the price of the bundle.

Birdo

Banned
But you do seems to be bothered yes

Look at your original post my friend

My original post is asking who makes them. How does that make me "bothered"? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I want to know if the game assets are out there, because I'm a Blender user and would love access to some of these.

EDIT:
They are done in house by the animators. That is true for at least insomniac, naughty dog and SSM.

Ah, thanks. That sucks :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Since God of War 2016, many devs are using their skills to make replica memes for twitter/facebook to leverage the game popularity among internet.

Not a huge fan of this method IMO.
It's one of the best ways to promote a game. And it was done all by devs. No corporate overloads!

Since God of War 2016, many devs are using their skills to make replica memes for twitter/facebook to leverage the game popularity among internet.

Not a huge fan of this method IMO.
To me it's very clever and there are skills involved. It's a fun way to engage your community instead of soulless PR talking

Anything even associated with PS5 is flying off shelves at the moment and this is just ratchet and clank. Can you imagine spider-man 2 or god of war ragnarok?

Those who don't like sales talk are going to get mad and be salty alot this generation. How dare we get information on sales? That should be hidden because sales ain't important even though I have to enter every fucking sales thread to bitch and moan.

Last edited:

I have you on ignore but time to destroy your argument with proof.

E4EYLkSXwAELpKe.png

50349535038_42fa72f759_k.jpg

No the game isn't being given away for free even with the bundles that Sony has.

Edit: Can you prove the game is being given away for free Bernd Lauert Bernd Lauert ?

Edit 2:

Last edited:
Anything even associated with PS5 is flying off shelves at the moment and this is just ratchet and clank. Can you imagine spider-man 2 or god of war ragnarok?

Those who don't like sales talk are going to get mad and be salty alot this generation. How dare we get information on sales? That should be hidden because sales ain't important even though I have to enter every fucking sales thread to bitch and moan.
They might release to late with already dropped demand.
All assuming a Q1 2022 release for HZD and Q4 2022 for God of War.

The demand for 500 quid+ consoles will go down.
So they have to sell at MSRP and with free games at some point

Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. At least not during this year.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Seriously, it is an incredibly effective marketing/fanservice. On a game forum no less, what's not to love?

I think what is happening is that it is mostly Sony devs taking the time to actually do it so people of course have to hate it. Lol

100% fact! Which is weird because if Nintendo or MS devs did it with their characters, I'd love them too. Even though I don't own those consoles. Not sure why EVERYTHING has to come back to console wars.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Whatever gives you a stiffy I suppose :messenger_tears_of_joy: Quite frankly it’s a boring topic in my opinion, unless we’re talking mammoth numbers on an outlier like Animal Crossing.

I’m glad Sony are doing well with physical sales though, as I am for Nintendo, and I’m glad Microsoft are killing it on Steam. Good for all three I suppose.

thats why theres price cuts after 2 years and also big software to maintain sales. sony will easily maintain around 20m ps5's sold yearly.

what makes you think sales will slow down anyway? they usually peak out like 3 or 4 years into the cycle, so sales will only go up or stay flat at the least. dont forget, sony will also be able to manufacture more aswell. even without a price cut, something as big as spider-man can drive sales on its own.

Whatever gives you a stiffy I suppose :messenger_tears_of_joy: Quite frankly it’s a boring topic in my opinion, unless we’re talking mammoth numbers on an outlier like Animal Crossing.

I’m glad Sony are doing well with physical sales though, as I am for Nintendo, and I’m glad Microsoft are killing it on Steam. Good for all three I suppose.

thats what im saying. i dislike it for the fanboy wars aspect but who gives a shit about that childish shit? i have a passion for videogames and its interesting to know how a game is performing in the market. it doesnt matter to me if its sony, microsoft or nintendo. why do people who dislike uk sales threads even enter? they only enter to stir shit up.

MrFunSocks

Banned
But it was not given away for free. The bundles cost the same as if you would buy both separately.

EDIT: actually the bundles is 10€/£ less
It’s the only way to buy a PS5 for the people buying it. Many people that don’t want and wouldn’t have bought R&C bought this bundle.

I can’t believe I had like 5 people quote that post to say “nuh uh, it’s more expensive!” like it matters. The customers didn’t have a choice if they wanted a PS5, that’s the point.

Last edited:

thats why theres price cuts after 2 years and also big software to maintain sales. sony will easily maintain around 20m ps5's sold yearly.

what makes you think sales will slow down anyway? they usually peak out like 3 or 4 years into the cycle, so sales will only go up or stay flat at the least. dont forget, sony will also be able to manufacture more aswell. even without a price cut, something as big as spider-man can drive sales on its own.
I'm not saying sales will slow down.
I'm saying demand at more than 500 will drop.

So the same you're saying. The price drops will hep.
There is still a 50m demand for a PS5 at 300.
But not at 500+

LMJ

It’s the only way to buy a PS5 for the people buying it. Many people that don’t want and wouldn’t have bought R&C bought this bundle.

I can’t believe I had like 5 people quote that post to say “nuh uh, it’s more expensive!” like it matters. The customers didn’t have a choice if they wanted a PS5, that’s the point.

The reason people were quoting you is your original statment was flat out wrong lol IT WAS NOT GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE (see how that works)

As for your new statement...Do you have any proof of that statement?

Has the bundle replaced the current PS5 SKUs?

Do you KNOW people didn't want that add in (which would be odd considering there are numerous OTHER bundles to choose from lol) or is it a guess?

Oh and No choice?

on page 1 alone there are 13 bundles that don't include Rift Apart

drpaulbearer GIF

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Was it given away free as you said earlier?
Was Ratchet the ONLY bundle available?

GAME had some in stock a couple of days ago. There was like 15+ different bundles you could buy in addition to just the digital & disc on their own

Now please stfu and change your socks already you scruffy bastard

Last edited:
GAME had some in stock a couple of days ago. There was like 15+ different bundles you could buy in addition to just the digital & disc on their own

Now please stfu and change your socks already you scruffy bastard
But that were pre-orders to be shipped end of this week / early next week.
Or did they just low ball shipping estimates and people already got their PS5s from that game.co.uk drop?

This topic is about sales from last week.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned

They are forced bundled games for near full game price sadly.
I was forced to have Myles Morales with my ps5 purchase, would have much preferred it if they let me choose what I game I wanted to buy with the console instead back then.

Now the bundles are ratchet and clank, so if people want the console bad enough, they will have to buy with ratchet even if they don't want ratchet, smart move I guess, surprised they didn't do it with returnal too :p

Last edited:
But that were pre-orders to be shipped end of this week / early next week.
Or did they just low ball shipping estimates and people already got their PS5s from that game.co.uk drop?

This topic is about sales from last week.

There was a Ratchet bundle as an option when GAME had some in stock in addition to all the others

Point is, if you wanted a PS5, getting the Ratchet bundle wasn't the only way this week and it sure as shit wasn't the only way last week

Last edited:

If you don't want people to quote you.

tenor.gif

What you said was really dumb so of course people are going to quote you.

Last edited:

jeffyjaixx

Those that bought the PS5 bundle most likely already wanted the Ratchet and Clank game anyways, so it's a win win where they didn't have to go looking for it.

System seller confirmed.

arvfab

Banned

Or maybe they couldn't find physical copies of the game, and buying a console bundle was the only way for them to get one? Well played Sony, well played.... 🙃

Top Bottom