• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK supermarket Tesco to stop stocking physical games as GameStop leaves Ireland

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
My local Tesco supermarket has put their games at the end of the aisle where you buy printer paper which is in the quiet part of the store away at the back next to where the guy takes passport photos. It'll be tough work for them to clear out all 3 shelves! :messenger_tears_of_joy: If a new big game is out then there is sometimes a little stand of games near the front entrance.

I remember in this very store that they had a full aisle of gaming stuff including consoles/accessories etc. It was actually a good place to go get a new game at release. I'd always go to Tesco first when a new game came out to see if I could get it there instead of having to travel away into the city centre. I remember buying GTA IV, GTA V, and Portal 2....and that is the problem. The last game I bought from Tesco, and last physical Playstation game, was GTA V which as we all know is a game from a decade ago.

Time has changed. Nobody is buying physical games anymore. Alright I know there are some people still clinging desperately onto the past but it's clear that most people don't buy physical anymore.

Look at GAME stores....used to be everywhere but now they are reduced to being put in the corner of a Sports Direct store :messenger_grinning_squinting:

From this...

GAME_05JPG.jpg

to being stuck in a corner behind cheap clothes and barbie toys

n6fb2d376ow81.jpg

It's time to embrace the digital future. If you don't like it then suck it up or stop playing games. Huge W

Good luck with that :messenger_tongue:
Qe2EZKW.jpg

Top Bottom