• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK][Stock] PS5

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I hope disk drives stick around but each to their own. In the UK I feel the disk version is a necessity ro try and save some cash. Whatever though :/

With a disk drive I get the best of both worlds plus the ps5 is a pretty darn good uhd blu ray player. Great for watching my films.

Duchess

Digital PS5 and Xbox players will have the last laugh in 8 years when the PS6 and next Xbox launch with no physical option at all.
I'm sure I read somewhere (maybe on NeoGAF) that Sony considered launching the PS5 as a digital only console, but (wisely) chickened out.

KAL2006

Banned
Hmmm. Yeah. I'd definitely rather just go digital and not have to wait more than 5 years just to get the game for £5 again

I was saying nowadays it's not often people replay games, and even if they do they don't usually replay games until much later and by then the game can be had for much cheaper.

I was saying nowadays it's not often people replay games, and even if they do they don't usually replay games until much later and by then the game can be had for much cheaper.

Yeah I'm sure you've got the statistics to back that up

Not sure why I should care what other people play

Sometimes going digital can save you money too. Every game I buy can be played simultaneously by my son on his console, that is both more convenient and cheaper than buying two discs.

I understand people have different value systems though, so each to their own 👍

Man I completely forgot about game share. I use it so much It's just something I've been taking for granted

Between Horizon, Forspoken, Suicide Squad, Saints Row, Tiny Tina's Wonderland and Starfield that's already close to £400 in savings for next year.

Bless digital

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Sometimes going digital can save you money too. Every game I buy can be played simultaneously by my son on his console, that is both more convenient and cheaper than buying two discs.

I understand people have different value systems though, so each to their own 👍

That's actually a good point.

For me it's
Digital for multiplayer games
Physical for single player games

reksveks

pMDSuPo.jpg

UK stockx price for the bluray one, it is down to about 520 recently so after fees and all of that, you are making 20 quid. So these people will move onto other things.

Lol digital PS5 is pointless unless you don't mind spending more money
When you dont impulse buy day one games the digital edition is well worth its money.
I buy new games only when they are at least 6 months old / when there is at least a 40% sale.

I dont need to refund games because i know exactly what im buying and how it is recieved by other gamers. For me it is ideal, for you the digital edition is pointless, i get it. Dont generalize your opinion as a fact. :)

Kagey K

Banned
Best time to grab one would be now, as it seem stock is finally surpassing scalper demand.

They are all going to sell regardless, and may come up short in the next few months.

Duchess

A high level browse of ebay UK has a lot of PS5 consoles with auctions ending soon, with 0 bids. The asking price for these is only about £50 above retail, so ... yeah. Things will get easier in 2022, I think.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
A high level browse of ebay UK has a lot of PS5 consoles with auctions ending soon, with 0 bids. The asking price for these is only about £50 above retail, so ... yeah. Things will get easier in 2022, I think.
and this in holiday season too !
Hope for normal, real in store availability in 2022.
I got mine since almost release but still. The more are available, the better

T-Cake

Hopefully it will be sorted by Easter. I should be ready to purchase by then.

Kagey K

Banned
Just had a look they appear to be out now, best opatunity for people to have got one though.
They have been in and out of stock since BF. 1 Game rep said they werent moving on Black Friday.

Looks like if you are interested in any of the next gen systems there were plenty of opportunities to get one.

No Excuses.

If your desperate and don't mind getting an extra controller game etc its not been to bad I could have got one about 5 times over the last couple months. (Providing you work at a computer)The standalone still seems pretty hard though.

I ve struggled to get one from amazon though as I have vouchers I want to use but they trolled me the last couple of weeks lol

Sygma

Managed to snatch one really early in the morning when I got notified that Amazon france had stock two days ago. Got delivered yesterday and I'm happy as shit now, thing is a beast

Lol digital PS5 is pointless unless you don't mind spending more money.
Hmmm. Yeah. I'd definitely rather just go digital and not have to wait more than 5 years just to get the game for £5 again
so some people buy games only digital and some people buy games on disc. No need to fight over it and call people stupid ore old fashion dinosaurs when they prefer to buy theyr games on disc. No need to attack people who buy theyr games only digital. Whe are all gamers, cant whe all get along over this subject please??

amc

UK has deffo had plenty of stock in the run up to Christmas, well, plenty under the current circumstances anyway. I was imagining a scalper's dream but Sony have done a great job at giving those twats a bloody nose.

Bet a few people who expected to get a mad pay day at the expense of desperate parents in the run up to Christmas are feeling pretty deflated. Ebay UK is awash with unsold, completed listings.

Nice one Sony.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I'm too lazy but I would have pulled out a comparison of the best retail sale in comparison to digital game sale of the same game. If you do you would release the digital game sales pale in comparison. Then of course with retail games you can resell your games which you have no option of doing with a digital sale.

I'll give you an example.
Let's say you buy
Ratchet Rift Apart - £40 digital sale
Ratchet Rift Apart - £30 retail sale

That's already a £10 saving.

Then you can go and resell the game for £20.

When you consider reselling games the difference is £30 between the digital and retail game.
I rather pay more then. A retail copy means I need to move my ass off the couch and go up to the console just to swap a disc.
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

Is it just me or the UK might actually be the country where PS5 actually wgets more supply? (i mean...proportional to its population)

I swear here in Portugal all Playstation posts on social media are flooded with angry comments with people that can't find a console lmao.

amc

It's one of the biggest gaming markets in terms of cash money made in the world, only behind the US, China, Japan, and perhaps Germany?

It's no surprise that it gets a lot of focus from companies really.

Last edited:
Digital PS5 and Xbox players will have the last laugh in 8 years when the PS6 and next Xbox launch with no physical option at all.

Good luck playing your BC games then.

I don't know about the Xbox, but there is ZERO chance the PS6 does not offer a physical option. The Playstation is a worldwide brand, highly popular in a multitude of countries where the infrastructure for the all-digital world is just not there.

I don't know about the Xbox, but there is ZERO chance the PS6 does not offer a physical option. The Playstation is a worldwide brand, highly popular in a multitude of countries where the infrastructure for the all-digital world is just not there.

We will see, I guess. I don't see any of them having physical after this generation, PlayStation included.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

If in stock at a location near you, digital seems like a great deal

Just a heads up that these are still readily available. My mates picked one up and there's still stock readily available for me to pick up and others in most stores. Disk version.

These drops must be huge or stock is definitely becoming more freely available. It's been available all day in the UK. Game have units too.

All horizon hard bundles though.

Kokoloko85

What a stupid take.

I have a digital PS5 and I've only bought 4 games at full price for it. There are these things called digital sales and they now happen pretty much every week.

I swear theres always sales.
Nintendo with sales on the other hand………………………………….Im not paying £50 for Pikmin 3 when I bought it on Wii U day 1

triphero

Banned
I am torn over the decision. I am getting tired of my Xbox. No AAA games? Thats fine. But they barely even have cool new smaller games.

Could just get a PS5, and sell the Xbox.

jm89

Ps5 stock is very slowly meeting demand

"Stock Checker - PlayStation 5 Console (PS5)" https://stock-checker.com/products/playstation-5.html

Very had it about 4 days MSRP. Xbox series X has been available for weeks
You can get standalone and horizon bundle in ps direct as well, has been in stock for hours. Normally would be gone within minutes. Will probably be gone by end of day though.
Is it still hard to get? I thought we where at the point you can just walk in and buy.

You can from some retailers like GAME, but some of the big boys like argos only during a restock which lasts a day or two at best.

Top Bottom