• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK][Stock] PS5

Jose92

[Membe
sony-ps5-digital-edition.jpg

PS5 Digital Sotck instore:

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
What a stupid take.

I have a digital PS5 and I've only bought 4 games at full price for it. There are these things called digital sales and they now happen pretty much every week.

I'm too lazy but I would have pulled out a comparison of the best retail sale in comparison to digital game sale of the same game. If you do you would release the digital game sales pale in comparison. Then of course with retail games you can resell your games which you have no option of doing with a digital sale.

I'll give you an example.
Let's say you buy
Ratchet Rift Apart - £40 digital sale
Ratchet Rift Apart - £30 retail sale

That's already a £10 saving.

Then you can go and resell the game for £20.

When you consider reselling games the difference is £30 between the digital and retail game.

I'm too lazy but I would have pulled out a comparison of the best retail sale in comparison to digital game sale of the same game. If you do you would release the digital game sales pale in comparison. Then of course with retail games you can resell your games which you have no option of doing with a digital sale.

Let's say you buy

When you consider reselling games the difference is £30 between the digital and retail game.

Wow look at you doing such advanced mathematics

here i fucking go.

edit: sold out. oh well

why would i want a console with a disc drive if i don't have any discs and don't ever plan on buying any?
because your whole ps4 library in disc will play on it. Why would you not want the diskdrive. Unless you didn't have a ps4, but even still, you can find deals on disc games that never come to psn. Its not like pc where there is tons of digital stores.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
No chance of a refund when you run in to a buggy game, or ridiculous prices without being able to trade them in seems problematic and pointless to me and many others.

. . .if a game is buddy on digital, it is almost assuredly buggy on physical and any mass refunds are going to be applied irrespective of where you bought your game (Fallout 76 and Arkham Knight as an example).

I have the Digital Edition of the PS5 and other than HFW and Elden Ring, I wait to see which games are ready for primetime. Doesn't take much to wait a day or two for reviews.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Digital PS5 and Xbox players will have the last laugh in 8 years when the PS6 and next Xbox launch with no physical option at all.

Good luck playing your BC games then.
o noes like those games i have now won't be given away for free digitally

Last edited:

raptorak

Neo Member
here i fucking go.

edit: sold out. oh well

why would i want a console with a disc drive if i don't have any discs and don't ever plan on buying any?
Because you like spending more money than you need to while giving yourself far fewer options, you don't need a disc version.

GHG

Gold Member

Let's say you buy

I've never sold games on unless I'm selling out of a console ecosystem entirely.

Can't fault the effort though.

Season 3 Good Job GIF by NETFLIX

tommib

I never thought I'd see a console civil war. People arguing about a version of the same console now.

Shit's wildin'.
That’s every thread these days. There’s always someone shitposting. Look at this thread. Wholesome thread about PS5 stock in the UK… I’Tz Digggitallz PS5 it sucks, pointless SHiTz.

KAL2006

Banned
Because we value convenience more than saving money

I understand having multiplayer games as digital version. Hell I have Street Fighter digital version just for convenience to have a few games before I start my main game. Also with multiplayer games you tend to go back to or play for a long ass time. Where as a single player game you play those 1 at a time, and sell it off. I've never ever been in a situation where I'm playing Horizon and God of War at the same time. I guess some people do this recommendation of getting physical games is for people who tend to play a game at a time and never go back to those games.

No PHD I'm afraid I do work with alot of numbers in my day job though. I know for some people basic maths is hard so I'd thought I'd help out a bit

Great I struggle with basic math

Can you tell me how much time it would take to get the game from Amazon and then sell it once I'm done?

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Great I struggle with basic math

Can you tell me how much time it would take to get the game from Amazon and then sell it once I'm done?

Depends if you have Prime you can get it the same day if not maybe 2 days. In terms of selling the game I usually don't make my way to my local shop to just sell a game it's usually if I go to shops for something else as the game store is nearby that when I sell a game. Sometimes I also use Facebook marketplace which usually you can sell for more and the person just comes outside your house.

Depends if you have Prime you can get it the same day if not maybe 2 days. In terms of selling the game I usually don't make my way to my local shop to just sell a game it's usually if I go to shops for something else as the game store is nearby that when I sell a game. Sometimes I also use Facebook marketplace which usually you can sell for more and the person just comes outside your house.

Oh okay. I'd rather stay digital and have it playable within the hour then. No need for clutter and no need to rebuy If I want to play it again

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Oh okay. I'd rather stay digital and have it playable within the hour then. No need for clutter and no need to rebuy If I want to play it again

Cool I guess the extra £20 is worth to have it instantly instead of waiting 2 days for game to be delivered. And as for clutter I sell my shit immediately when I'm done with a game. If I ever want to play a game again which basically never happens as there are way too many games to play, the game would cost £5 at most the next time I'd want to replay something.

Cool I guess the extra £20 is worth to have it instantly instead of waiting 2 days for game to be delivered. And as for clutter I sell my shit immediately when I'm done with a game. If I ever want to play a game again which basically never happens as there are way too many games to play, the game would cost £5 at most the next time I'd want to replay something.

Hmmm. Yeah. I'd definitely rather just go digital and not have to wait more than 5 years just to get the game for £5 again

Last edited:
Top Bottom