• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK sales week 12, 2021: Switch softwares domination.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
People in denial should find themselves... people will only laugh about your post and that is way more fun.
I'd say that too if I needed to prove something. :messenger_winking:

You are currently on the level of a youtube conspiracy nut. Minutes and hours of unfiltered ramblings, but when it comes to sources and references there is literally nothing and in the end, you are still the sheep for questioning it, despite sources and references being of upright importance when your claims are denouncing 100s of years of science, medicine, culture, etc.

But there is only one truth and you are the chosen one to spread the word among the sheep. Cut me a break. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited by a moderator:

ethomaz

Banned
ethomaz ethomaz where do you think Rise will end up lifetime?
With PC or without PC? That is a big difference because I don't think we will see a PC version this time and it played a big whole on World sales.
Now talking about without take PC in mind I agree with what somebody posted before (I'm not sue if it was you) Japan will sell more on Switch (even the launch being a near tie with PS4 World the Rise for Switch will sell more there) while West will sell more on PS4.

All things summed without PC I believe Rise will sell around 6-7m total.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
With PC or without PC? That is a big difference because I don't think we will see a PC version this time and it played a big whole on World sales.
Now talking about without take PC in mind I agree with what somebody posted before (I'm not sue if it was you) Japan will sell more on Switch (even the launch being a near tie with PS4 World the Rise for Switch will sell more there) while West will sell more on PS4.

So only around 2m more from the current 4m? That is less than MH4/MHX era total sales.

ethomaz

Banned
So only around 2m more from the current 4m? That is less than MH4/MHX era total sales.
Japan sales for MH are used to be very front-loaded and my post has high of 3m more... I believe it will between 6 and 7 million without PC.
The west sales will probably be lower than what PS4 World did.

I still giving the edge to Rise due Japan... I'm not sure about the actual PS4 sales of World but it was around 6 million, no?

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Extremely unlikely.
Japan alone will have around 5 million sales.
It will do at least 10 million worldwide on Switch alone.
Your estimates are off, but that's what happens when your math is based on a narrative and gut feelings.

MagnesG

Banned
Japan sales for MH are used to be very front-loaded and my post has high of 3m more... I believe it will between 6 and 7 million without PC.

I still giving the edge to Rise due Japan... I'm not sure about the actual PS4 sales of World but it was around 6 million, no?
So you believe that MH Rise sales will be frontloaded too? Only 2m max after 4m ship in 3 days? Even when MH Rise current content is quite dry now on launch, meaning new big update plans would be released periodically, also with the possibility of big DLC expansions being released?

Unrelated, but I think those frontloaded Japan MH sales that you mention are due to a newer version (G) being released a year after, so people would only flock to that version, it still managed to snag around 8m per era on 3ds.

ethomaz

Banned
So you believe that MH Rise sales will be frontloaded too? Only 2m max after 4m ship in 3 days? Even when MH Rise current content is quite dry now on launch, meaning new big update plans would be released periodically, also with the possibility of big DLC expansions being released?

Unrelated, but I think those frontloaded Japan MH sales that you mention are due to a newer version (G) being released a year after, so people would only flock to that version, it still managed to snag around 8m per era on 3ds.
Just check World MH sales in Japan.

Actually it is 3m max after the 4 million shipment... 4 + 3 = 7.

MagnesG

Banned
Just check World MH sales in Japan.

Actually it is 3m max after the 4 million shipment... 4 + 3 = 7.
World MH sales in Japan is lower than previous titles.

Also yeah, my bad. It's 3m, not 2m. It would still be disappointing though if they can't even beat 8m total sales of MH4/X.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Imagine trying to paint 4m sales in the first 3 days as any sort of failure. Exact same as TLoU 2 in its first 3 days by the way, I’m sure the same user was concern astroturfing about that too...

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine trying to paint 4m sales in the first 3 days as any sort of failure. Exact same as TLoU 2 in its first 3 days by the way, I’m sure the same user was concern astroturfing about that too...
Yeah, he is totally nuts.

ethomaz

Banned
First nobody in the thread even hinted at failure.... it just have a big drop in sales compared with World in the west like stated.
Second TLOU2 sold way better at launch than TLOU.

The data is available to everybody... so I believe “concern astroturfing” should be somebody denying the data? Or creating false narratives?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
First nobody in the thread even hinted at failure.... it just have a big drop in sales compared with World in the west like stated.
Second TLOU2 sold way better at launch than TLOU.
You bringing up World’s numbers in contrast and saying the game has dropped off in the West is a hint at failure, so well done you.

And look at the legs on TLoU, 20 million sold as of 2019 (across 2 platforms, but still decimated the sequel).

Won’t engage you beyond this as your pathetic attempt at hijacking this thread is, well, pathetic.

Last edited:

daclynk

Nintendo be like
giphy.gif

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
You did so with Japanese numbers that aren't there yet and by purposefully twisting the dropoff (in other words, reduction) to 50% (although it's 33.3% if we are using your estimates). Your first thought was that MHW did less than a million in Japan and 4 million in the West in the first 3 days. Only in that scenario, a 50% drop in western sales would truthful, but considering MHW did much more than that, that scenario is irrelevant.

ethomaz

Banned
You bringing up World’s numbers in contrast and saying the game has dropped off in the West is a hint at failure, so well done you.

And look at the legs on TLoU, 20 million sold as of 2019 (across 2 platforms, but still decimated the sequel).

Won’t engage you beyond this as your pathetic attempt at hijacking this thread is, well, pathetic.
Hint of failure? lol
It is sold less than World on the West... that is a fact.
It sold less than World worldwide... that is a fact.
It sold a bit more (? like 100-200k units more?) in Japan.... that is a fact.
TLOU only reached 20 million sales due a release for PS4... you need to compre PS3 sales with TLOU2... unless you have new data TLOU2 seems to be tracking way ahead TLOU.

Keep spining.... that is indeed pathetic.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
You did so with Japanese numbers that aren't there yet and by purposefully twisting the dropoff (in other words, reduction) to 50% (although it's 33.3% if we are using your estimates). Your first thought was that MHW did less than a million in Japan and 4 million in the West in the first 3 days. Only in that scenario, a 50% drop in western sales would truthful, but considering MHW did much more than that, that scenario is irrelevant.
The Japanese sales are already released lol
What are you talking about?

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I’m not even sure who he is.
Japan shipment + digital is 50/50 of 4 million data.
1) Japanese data ain't available yet.
2) That wouldn't change your math being off.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll ignore our self-proclaimed prophet now.
I'd advise anyone to research current Japanese sale numbers. You'll quickly figure out that they aren't available yet. ethomaz ethomaz is just estimating. No hard data available whatsoever. I guess he works for vgchartz.

yazenov

Dude no one in this thread is saying that MHR is a failure. Please quote the post where they mentioned that.

People are saying that sales are good, but it's a bit disappointing since it's sales is a decline by 43% in the UK from its previous entry. That is a fact.

MHW elevated the series into a monster franchise, both sales wise and technical wise with its great graphics and engine.

While MHR sales is good, yet it pales in comparison to WHW, both in sales and technical prowess. Its a decline in the series no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Should be noted that Capcom didn't say anything about digital sales. They are probably included, (like why shouldn't they in this day and age) however, they specified the inclusion of digital sales in their announcement for MHW.

While MHR sales is good, yet it pales in comparison to WHW
MHW was released on TWO platforms.

And sorry to say that, but purposefully lying and acting like guesses are hard data is just as bad. If anyone wants real numbers, wait till Thursday. Anything else is just more or less realistic estimates based on the current shipment of 4 million units.

yazenov

Should be noted that Capcom didn't say anything about digital sales. They are probably included, (like why shouldn't they in this day and age) however, they specified the inclusion of digital sales in their announcement for MHW.

MHW was released on TWO platforms.

And sorry to say that, but purposefully lying and acting like guesses are hard data is just as bad. If anyone wants real numbers, wait till Thursday. Anything else is just more or less realistic estimates based on the current shipment of 4 million units.
SO what if its on 2 platform or 10 platform, a sales decline of 43 % is still disappointing. Its the end result that matters after all.

Woopah

In Japan the franchise isn't that front-loaded and showed strong legs on both 3DS and PS4.

A PC version of Rise is confirmed for 2022.

I'm a bit more optimistic than you and think 8-9 million just the Switch any then several more millions from PC. In comparison PS4 World is at 8.6 million I believe.

Last edited:

yazenov

In Japan the franchise isn't that front-loaded and showed strong legs on both 3DS and PS4.

A PC version of Rise is confirmed for 2022.

I'm a bit more optimistic than you and think 8-9 million just the Switch any then several more millions from PC. In comparison PS4 World is at 8.6 million I believe.
MHW PS4: 8.693 Million
MHW Xbox: 1.789 million

Ps4 Ice borne: 4.545 million
Xbox IB 448k

Those numbers were from the leaks months ago from Nov 25th 2020. Must be higher now.

Ps4 numbers for MHW breakdown in regions:

USA: 2.392 mil
EU: 1.702 mil
Asia: 1.414 mil
NonJP Total: 5.509
Sony Japan: 3.184mil

So saying sales comparison on 2 platform vs 1 platform is basically irrelevant since the Xbox numbers are kind of negligible.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
SO what if its on 2 platform or 10 platform, a sales decline of 43 % is still disappointing. Its the end result that matters after all.
So what? It does matter for a fair comparison.
Also, that is in the UK. The UK isn't the whole world. If we take the estimate of 2 million Japanese sales vs. 2 million Western sales for Monster Hunter Rise, that would mean the drop in sales was 33,3%. A decline is expected considering MHR is exclusive while MHW was released on two platforms. The sales aren't disappointing, they are very very good and time will tell how it compares. MHR has a very high chance of being the most successful Monster Hunter on a single platform.

btw.
In the UK 72% of physical sales for MHW were in favor of the PS4.
With that split in mind, one can make an estimate that MHW did around a million units for the Xbox One in the first week. I sadly can only find UK numbers, so that's just a guess.

yazenov

Also, that is in the UK. The UK isn't the whole world. If we take the estimate of 2 million Japanese sales vs. 2 million Western sales for Monster Hunter Rise, that would mean the drop in sales was 33,3%. A decline is expected considering MHR is exclusive while MHW was released on two platforms. The sales aren't disappointing, they are very very good and time will tell how it compares. MHR has a very high chances of being the most successful Monster Hunter on a single platform.

btw.
With that split in mind, one can make an estimate that MHW did around a million units for the Xbox One in the first week. I sadly can only find UK numbers, so that's just a guess.
Please check my post above.

Xbox one MHW sales are basically 17% only of the total MHW console sales. That's an extremely small amount of the overall sales on consoles.

Xbox one overall Ice born console sales share: only 9%

There is a reason Why Microsoft now focuses on game pass rather than software sales.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Please check my post above.

Xbox one MHW sales are basically 17% only of the total MHW console sales. That's an extremely small amount of the overall sales on consoles.
My point is that MHW would've done 4 million in the first 3 days if it wouldn't be for the Xbox One version if we take the UK numbers as an estimate. Those are only estimates though because I can only find UK numbers. I'm not talking about total sales.

ethomaz

Banned
Also, that is in the UK. The UK isn't the whole world. If we take the estimate of 2 million Japanese sales vs. 2 million Western sales for Monster Hunter Rise, that would mean the drop in sales was 33,3%. A decline is expected considering MHR is exclusive while MHW was released on two platforms. The sales aren't disappointing, they are very very good and time will tell how it compares. MHR has a very high chances of being the most successful Monster Hunter on a single platform.

btw.
It barely crossed 1 million years after the launch... imagine at launch lol

My point is that MHW would've done 4 million in the first 3 days if it wouldn't be for the Xbox One version if we take the UK numbers as an estimate. Those are only estimates though because I can only find UK numbers. I'm not talking about total sales.
Wrong.

Last edited:

yazenov

4.15 million to be more accurate if xbox share is 17% of total sales of 5 million

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
It barely crossed 1 million years after the launch... imagine at launch lol

Wrong.
Wait, so UK numbers for MHR -> representative of the sales of the entire western world.
MHW selling 28% of physical units in the UK during the first week -> ahh, doesn't matter.

Once again you have proven your dishonesty and hypocrisy.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
4.15 million to be more accurate if xbox share is 17% of total sales of 5 million
The percentage was most likely higher during launch week. In the UK it was at least.

However, with the current share of 17% in mind, that would mean we would argue about a lousy 150k. Is it really worth it?

yazenov

The percentage was most likely higher during launch week. In the UK it was at least.

However, with the current share of 17% in mind, that would mean we would argue about a lousy 150k. Is it really worth it?
Numbers from Lelouch0612 at the other forum:

Rise physical + digital : 52.3k
World physical + digital : 78.6k
World PS4 physical + digital : ~56.6k
World Xbox physical + digital : ~22k

Rise physical : 31.4k

World physical : 55k
World PS4 physical : 39.6k
World Xbox physical : 15.4k

summery Swtich Vs PS4 single platform sales only:

Even when comparing single platform PS4 vs Switch, PS4 stills comes out on top. Regardless, its the end results that matter to Capcom where its on 1 platform or 2 platforms. So this comparison between single consoles is mute.

If that’s what makes you happy then you should get out more.

Not right now bro, there's a pandemic going on. I prefer to stay safe at home laughing at people who get triggered over a video game.

Friend, let me give you an advice which you're going to ignore. This kind of post is going to age like absolute ass. You're distorting a very small sample to fit a narrative, you and my friend ethomaz are going to look like absolute imbeciles when we start getting more concrete, actually comparable data.

Woopah

Xbox IB 448k

Those numbers were from the leaks months ago from Nov 25th 2020. Must be higher now.

So saying sales comparison on 2 platform vs 1 platform is basically irrelevant since the Xbox numbers are kind of negligible.
Thanks for sharing the complete number. So yes PS4 is probably at 8.7 million or more by now.

Though I completely disagree it's negligible to mention the platforms. Xbox accounted for 17% of Worlds total sales and Rise sold 20% less than World at launch. The existence of the Xbox version explains the vast majority of the difference between Rise and World on a global level.

Last edited:

yazenov

Thanks for sharing the complete number. So yes PS4 is probably at 8.7 million or more by now.

Though I completely disagree it's negligible to mention the platforms. Xbox accounted for 17% of Worlds total sales and Rise sold 20% less than World at launch. The existence of the Xbox version explains the vast majority of the difference between Rise and World on a global level.
I agree, but if MHW were to be exclusive to PS4 and the PC version delayed for one year later, the total PS4 sales would increase also since people will be forced to buy that version like the Switch.

Same reason why Swich is high for a single platform. If Rise was mult iplatform, The Switch numbers wouldn't be that high. It goes both ways.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Even when comparing single platform PS4 vs Switch, PS4 stills comes out on top. Regardless, its the end results that matter to Capcom where its on 1 platform or 2 platforms. So this comparison between single consoles is mute.
Fair enough. The sales are still very very good though, so I really don't see the "disappointment".

ethomaz

Banned
Numbers from Lelouch0612 at the other forum:

World physical + digital : 78.6k
World Xbox physical + digital : ~22k

World physical : 55k
World Xbox physical : 15.4k

summery Swtich Vs PS4 single platform sales only:

Thanks for sharing but I should give up because he has no ideia what he is talking about.
I believe he will be in shock with the Famitsu numbers not being that higher as some believes due the 2m shipment.

Last edited:

jdforge

Banned

Xbox IB 448k

Almost 1.8m unit sales is, “negligible”.

Heard it all now.

ethomaz

Banned

It works in both ways.
PS4 version being the only to buy it should have higher sales.
Switch version being one of the others versions to buy should have made it sales lower.

Top Bottom