• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Legs Morales crushes the Charts

SLB1904

Banned
huh?

SPIDERMAN MM: released November 12, 2020
MK8: May 30, 2014
MINCRAFT SWITCH: May 11, 2017

oh yeah thats exactly the same.
I misread your post. I thought you were saying sony should hold miles and release when there was more ps5 in a wild

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hence the pink name?

The purple is pretty iconic, if I think purple and high street I think GAME.

It's just that it's the most overpriced place to buy video games imaginable and always has been

Zoro7

Banned

It's just that it's the most overpriced place to buy video games imaginable and always has been
Really surprised they are still in business. I haven’t purchased a game from them in nearly a decade.

Ahh, it looked pink to me in one of the screenshots on the home page. Not as funny of a mental image for me if it's purple. I liked the idea of a pink-themed gaming store frequented by old ladies. Lol

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: AV
No, I just find it interesting because it's the only real exclusive so far and people aren't crazy about it which is weird. It also goes against the narrative that exclusives sell consoles so I like it (since Xbox has no exclusives :messenger_pensive:)
It's a nice to have exclusive and adds to the overall catalogue of games that's all , games that sell consoles are titles like gow , Spiderman , last of us , got , uncharted amongst other games but the majority are happy playing cod or Fortnite or FIFA and exclusives are a nice side dish and factor into the console purchase aswell ... again I'm sure you know this though .

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Really surprised they are still in business. I haven’t purchased a game from them in nearly a decade.

Covid aside, if you check the stores now, the majority of what they're selling isn't actually games or hardware. Mostly merch, in-game currency cards, books, gadgets, that kinda thing.

When they do sell actual games/hardware it's often to either A. clueless mothers and grandmothers who just need a Christmas present for little Timmy or B. the guys who are just buying a console, FIFA and COD when they need to and don't care enough about saving a tenner on those things.

I have a friend who's worked in one on-and-off over the years and they're (apparently) actually doing okay because of the above, they just needed to close a few stores.

Last edited:

yazenov

No, I just find it interesting because it's the only real exclusive so far and people aren't crazy about it which is weird. It also goes against the narrative that exclusives sell consoles so I like it (since Xbox has no exclusives :messenger_pensive:)
Thats a dumb argument since 90% of Miles sales were PS5.

Although also available on PS4, the superhero game has become the PS5's best-selling launch title (in terms of physical sales). Indeed, even if you removed the sales of the PS4 version this week, it would still have been No.1.
GamesIndustry.biz report

Last edited:

yazenov

With Spider-Man dlc selling this well. Can you imagine Spider-Man 2 for Ps5 only?? Jeeeeez.
Imagine including venom in the game or a separate game staring venom

rich money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Topher

Gold Member
Amy Poehler Wow GIF by Sisters

wow

If the "narrative" was that as long as you slap the "exclusive" label on a game then it will be a system seller then that is a silly narrative. There is a lot more to the "narrative" of how exclusives impact system sales than one cherry picked example such as Demon Souls which, as most Soulsborne games, have a limited audience.

Last edited:

yazenov

Amy Poehler Wow GIF by Sisters

wow

If the "narrative" was that as long as you slap the "exclusive" label on a game then it will be a system seller then that is a silly narrative. There is a lot more to the "narrative" of how exclusives impact system sales than one cherry picked example such as Demon Souls which, as most Soulsborne games, have a limited audience.
It seems that the PS5 having exclusive games and The Xbox having non is eating him up inside.

So regardless of the quality of Sony exclusives having excellent reviews and critical acclaim winning multiple game of the year awards back to back, he tries to dismiss them by claiming they are not relevant somehow because a remake of a niche game that costs $70 is somehow not lighting the charts on fire.

I hope his false narrative somehow makes him sleep better at night.

But but exclusive doesn't matter... .

Reindeer

90% of the sales for MM have been on PS5, that just shows how Sony screwed up with the whole cross-generation strategy. I mean that 10% of PS4 sales probably just about covers expenses for the port.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topher

Gold Member
90% of the sales for MM have been on PS5, that just shows how Sony screwed up with the whole cross-generation strategy. I mean that 10% of PS4 sales probably just about covers expenses for the port.

They screwed up the PR aspect (as they usually do) that's for sure. Most people probably still don't realize SS:MM has a PS4 version.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
"Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate re-enters the top 40 in 18th, with 90 per cent of sales going to the PS5 version."

Oof. So much for Game Pass and Xbox taking over.
I saw this coming. I can see many 3rd party games getting even less sales on Xbox

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I saw this coming. I can see many 3rd party games getting even less sales on Xbox
Yup, the NPD threads that have the platform breakdown, ppl might have to start comparing the rankings to get an idea about sales on Xbox now.

Gamepass ftw....amiright? Yeah, MS doesnt care about console sales, I guess devs, publishers dont care about game sales on Xbox either as long as MS provide that GP money.

Last edited:

Mr_Potato

Banned
Great ! Looks like people are ok with buying quality games. And that's with PS5 being constantly out of stock.

Playing it now I'm having a blast with venom powers and 60 fps goodness with RT...

Rythm is pretty great, the fights are even more enjoyable than in the first one.

Last edited:

Reindeer

"Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate re-enters the top 40 in 18th, with 90 per cent of sales going to the PS5 version."

Oof. So much for Game Pass and Xbox taking over.
That just proves that GamePass is actually taking over and people on Xbox are switching to it and aren't buying games since they have plenty of options with the catalogue in the service. This is something that is gonna hurt game sales on Xbox, there's just no way around it. It will probably lead to more devs just taking money upfront and putting their games in Gamepass instead of gambling with sales.

Hobbygaming

Yup, the NPD threads that have the platform breakdown, ppl might have to start comparing the rankings to get an idea about sales on Xbox now.

Gamepass ftw....amiright? Yeah, MS doesnt care about console sales, I guess devs, publishers dont care about game sales on Xbox either as long as MS provide that GP money.
True and what about other 3rd party studios that don't want to put their games on GP. It would suck to be them with the lower sales on XB

Reindeer

True and what about other 3rd party studios that don't want to put their games on GP. It would suck to be them with the lower sales on XB
They'll probably be forced to put their games in Gamepass or will have to abandon Xbox port. This does put Microsoft in strong position when it comes to bargaining at the expense of devs that might have earned more money if their games sold a lot of copies.

ethomaz

Banned
They'll probably be forced to put their games in Gamepass or will have to abandon Xbox port. This does out Microsoft in strong position when it comes to bargaining at the expense of devs that might have earned more money if their games sold a lot of copies.
They will put their game on Gamepass eventually.
Just not day one.

I'm sure Publishers have research over how much they need to get on Gamepass to gove XXXXX units sold at retail day one... and will do experiments.

Big games with strong day one sales wont go soon to Gamepass... smaller games with lower day one sales will go day one to Gamepass.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Yes. That may also make 3rd party devs think twice about going Game Pass or even investing much on Xbox version when the sales are so one sided towards PS5.
Yep, it might not even be worth porting to Xbox for certain games just like some games from Japan

Reindeer

They will put their game on Gamepass eventually.
Just not day one.

I'm sure Publishers have research over how much they need to get on Gamepass to gove XXXXX units sold at retail day one... and will do experiments.

Big games with strong day one sales wont go soon to Gamepass... smaller games with lower day one sales will go day one to Gamepass.
Agreed. A lot will come down to how much the devs/publishers think they can sell and how much Microsoft is willing to offer. Some devs like People Can Fly chose to put their game (Outriders) day one in GamePass because they probably felt for new IP they didn't want to take risks and would rather take money upfront.

ethomaz

Banned
Agreed. A lot will come down to how much the devs/publishers think they can sell and how much Microsoft is willing to offer. Some devs like People Can Fly chose to put their game (Outriders) day one in GamePass because they probably felt for new IP they didn't want to take risks and would rather take money upfront.
It is a business after the all.... publishers will go where they get more money.

Airbus Jr

Banned
MK11 Ultimate 90% on PS5 is the big news for me

That is a very loopsided statistics

Shows majority MK fanbase are on playstation

Last edited:

Reindeer

Yep, it might not even be worth porting to Xbox for certain games just like some games from Japan
For those games I think Microsoft will be willing to thrown decent money at so their platform doesn't miss out on them, just have to look at all the Yakuza titles coming to Xbox and GamePass to see that. I don't think devs/publishers will say no if Microsoft pays them for the port and something extra on top.

Hobbygaming

For those games I think Microsoft will be willing to thrown decent money at so their platform doesn't miss out on them, just have to look at all the Yakuza titles coming to Xbox and GamePass to see that. I don't think devs/publishers will say no if Microsoft pays them for the port and something extra on top.
That could happen though it would grow to be expensive

Reindeer

That could happen though it would grow to be expensive
The way Gamepass is growing I doubt Microsoft will have too much problem throwing money around. I mean their GamePass spending has only increased the more users the service got. Content is king when it comes to service like GamePass and it is what drives the increase in user base.

Think this goes to show that the public much prefer Miles Morales to Peter bland ass Parker. The best thing Insomniac can do now is kill off Peter and have Miles run the mainline series. Same with Marvel too, get rid of Tom Holland and bring in a strong black actor to play Spider-Man going forward.

Top Bottom