• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Legs Morales crushes the Charts

Maybe you can't read because it's not your native language, but the article states the opposite of what you want to believe : PS5 games actually sold better. If anybody needs to cope with something, apparently that's you.
Coping with "b-but what about Xbox????" doesn't help your case. Just accept the fact that Demon's Souls, the only real PS5 exclusive so far, has kinda bombed. It's a very interesting fact imo. Also since you went into full console warrior mode, I know you're an alt account of one of the banned Sony warriors. I will find out who you are sooner or later :messenger_winking:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Should you really be pushing that title when the next 5 have been on the charts for YEARS?

Coping with "b-but what about Xbox????" doesn't help your case. Just accept the fact that Demon's Souls, the only real PS5 exclusive so far, has kinda bombed. It's a very interesting fact imo. Also since you went into full console warrior mode, I know you're an alt account of one of the banned Sony warriors. I will find out who you are sooner or later :messenger_winking:

That's it, just keep saying Demon's Souls bombed

If the 7th time hasn't helped I'm sure you'll feel better after the 14th time

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
The only real exclusive? Sorry?

ethomaz

Banned
Just keep the narrative maybe in your alt reality Demon's Souls really bomb.

Last edited:

Interfectum

Says the console warrior trying to force a narrative of an exclusive for 'the enemy' is bombing at retail. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just keep the narrative maybe in your alternate life Demon's Souls really bomb.
There's no evidence that it didn't bomb. Doing okay-ish on the PS5 store charts doesn't mean it did well by any means. In all the boxed charts it more or less bombed. We have exact numbers in Japan and the attach rate seems to be below 10%?

ethomaz

Banned
There's no evidence that it didn't bomb. Doing okay-ish on the PS5 store charts doesn't mean it did well by any means. In all the boxed charts it more or less bombed. We have exact numbers in Japan and the attach rate seems to be below 10%?
That is the typical Souls like games attach rate lol
Bloodborn sold like 3-4 million on PS4.

Even the best seller multiplatform title barely crossed 10 million units.

Demon's Soul will probably sell around 3-4 million just like Bloodborne (that is considered a sales success).

Last edited:

Mr_Potato

Banned
That's it, just keep saying Demon's Souls bombed

If the 7th time hasn't helped I'm sure you'll feel better after the 14th time

It will still be wrong though. See the link I posted, it was 5th in PS5 digital sales in 2020 on PSN both in the US and in Europe. Better than Madden in the US or WD Legion in Europe...

Three

You have to be mental to think a game that outsold Fifa 21 flopped. What are you basing this on?

Mr_Potato

Banned
Not a narrative, just a reality. I know Team Sony doesn't want to talk about it, but I find it interesting so I bring it up. I find it interesting because the "exclusives sell consoles" narrative is crumbling before our eyes :messenger_winking:

It's in your head buddy. The narrative which certainly doesn't die is Xbox being last place. Any comment on 90 % of Mortal Kombat sales being on PS5 ? :messenger_winking:

The irony in your post is the reason why PS5 sells more is precisely because it has had more and better exclusives than the competition for years.

Last edited:
It's in your head buddy. The narrative which certainly doesn't die is Xbox being last place. Any comment on 90 % of Mortal Kombat sales being on PS5 ? :messenger_winking:

The irony in your post is the reason why PS5 sells more is precisely because it has had more and better exclusives than the competition for years.
I don't want to disturb your coping mechanism, I'm just not interested in it. Feel free to explain why Demon's Souls is not selling.
He posted the chart lol... Demon's Souls in 2020 sold digitally more than FIFA 21 in US/Canada and it was very close to FIFA 21 in Europe.

In a console that have 62% of it gaming sales being digital.
I see the misunderstanding. It outsold Fifa 21 on the PS5, not generally. Makes sense since all sports game are very "front loaded", as in they get bought at or near release. Fifa 21 release was in October so most people bought it on PS4.

ethomaz

Banned
I see the misunderstanding. It outsold Fifa 21 on the PS5, not generally. Makes sense since all sports game are very "front loaded", as in they get bought at or near release. Fifa 21 release was in October so most people bought it on PS4.
It is the full 2020.
It includes all front loaded sales lol

Three

Did it outsell Fifa 21? I highly doubt that.
NPD it did and if you think 5th on the PS5 chart is "okayish" then you would have to believe that every game that isn't in the top 4 (ie Cod, Miles Morales, AC: Valhalla, NBA 2k1) all flopped which is just ridiculous. So every game flopped except these 4?

Sports titles are never front loaded. They are one of the few games that chart every week.

Last edited:

2xsmihZ.png

NPD it did and if you think 5th on the PS5 chart is "okayish" then you would have to believe that every game that isn't in the top 4 (ie Cod, Miles Morales, AC: Valhalla, NBA 2k1) all flopped which is just ridiculous. So every game flopped except these 4?
All the games you mentioned sell well on boxed charts and are cross-platform anyway. It's not an easy comparison tbh.

Three

All the games you mentioned sell well on boxed charts and are cross-platform anyway. It's not an easy comparison tbh.
Digital does not usually differ relative to box charts unless there is a big price discrepancy or bundle. None of those apply here. It did just as well at retail. People are buying digital at full price. If anything it being digital sales works against your point of it being a bomba because there are no bundles or retailer stock clearance prices.

Last edited:
Am I allowed to call Demon's Souls a bomba here? It's a game sales thread after all.
It was never going to sell shedloads of copies it's also not a game for everyone it's more a fan requested remake , it was never going to chart high and Sony must've knew that but I think you already know that and want to try and troll because it's Sony and portray it as a failure but I'm sure fans of the original loved it and that's all that counts .

ethomaz

Banned
Yes, that is the reason. Fifa 21 dropped from #1 to #9 or so because of the reasons I described. And it barely outsold it. Kinda makes my point.
It November dude... Black Friday in US.... that tells you a lot more than your narrative.
C'mon you can't be serious.

SLB1904

Banned
It was never going to sell shedloads of copies it's also not a game for everyone it's more a fan requested remake , it was never going to chart high and Sony must've knew that but I think you already know that and want to try and troll because it's Sony and portray it as a failure but I'm sure fans of the original loved it and that's all that counts .
And it already outsold the first one by a mile.

No, I just find it interesting because it's the only real exclusive so far and people aren't crazy about it which is weird. It also goes against the narrative that exclusives sell consoles so I like it (since Xbox has no exclusives :messenger_pensive:)

ethomaz

Banned
No, I just find it interesting because it's the only real exclusive so far and people aren't crazy about it which is weird. It also goes against the narrative that exclusives sell consoles so I like it (since Xbox has no exclusives :messenger_pensive:)
The opposite it reinforce that call that exclusives sell consoles.
Just look at how much more PS5 is being sold compared with Series X and Series S combined.

You know each new exclusive means a bit more players in the plataform.
It is not like a exclusive will sell to all PS5 base but the combination of all them will make the PS5 base.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
What you on about. Demons souls is definitely a system seller. I know loads of people who are souls fans and never played demons souls and bought the ps5 just for it.

Top Bottom