• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Legs Morales crushes the Charts

v_iHuGi

Banned
01 (02) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (01) SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
03 (03) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
04 (04) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
05 (05) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
06 (05) CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION)
07 (07) GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (ROCKSTAR)
08 (10) ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
09 (06) SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)
10 (09) RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales has been a mainstay of the UK's boxed games chart for many weeks now, but it's never quite made it to the top. With the latest results, though, it's finally crawled up to the number one spot, presumably driven by the PS5 stock drip-feed the country has had lately.

The hardware availability has provided a boost to other PS5 games too. Assassin's Creed Valhalla sells best on Sony's new console in this week's chart and jumps up to eighth, while Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War continues to hold its ground at sixth. Watch Dogs Legion also sells a majority on PS5, and bounces back from number 27 to number 12. It's a similar story for Immortals Fenyx Rising, which moves up to 14th. Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate re-enters the top 40 in 18th, with 90 per cent of sales going to the PS5 version.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Miles "Legs" Morales

yF9C9I4.png

Birdo

Banned
Game (The store, for you US people) were selling it cheap in a big sale.

EDIT: To save myself from 10000 replies. GAME had a big week-long sale event, and MM was advertised as part of it during that whole week on the home page. Which is probably why it had a jump. It's over now.

EDIT 2: It didn't save me from 10000 replies.

EDIT 3: I forgot to mention that Animal Crossing also had a big bundle deal with Switch Lites.

EDIT 4: The Switch Lite Animal Crossing (Physical) sale is still on! Jump in for only £209!

Last edited:

NoviDon

not surprised almost everybody loves superhero stuff, and isnt spiderman the most popular hero character? pair that with insomniacs great gameplay and stories and its vidyagame crack.

ethomaz

Banned
Can you explain this without me having to click on a dodgy looking link.
Game is selling the game for PS5 at £51.99 and the cheapest retail is selling at £42.39 (Shop4World).

What is it the full price in UK?

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Can you provide a link to games site where they sold this for cheap. I’d like to buy a copy.

It's over. It was an event (I know this because I got some stuff). MM was advertised on the store home page all week with a huge banner picture for the sale.

turtlepowa

Banned
They track... the eBay price was last updated (on eBay) site in Feb 20... so since Feb 20 that £34.99 is showing in the Idealo that screw up the tracker.

The eBay price is being seller by graysccelectrical.
But meanwhile there also could have been be other vendors for the same price and we wouldn't know. I love idealo in my country, but that sucks. Sometimes i see great prices and would like to observe that vendor, but i don't know who it was.

ethomaz

Banned
But meanwhile there also could have been be other vendors for the same price and we wouldn't know. I love idealo in my country, but that sucks. Sometimes i see great prices and would like to observe that vendor, but i don't know who it was.
Yeap... there is nothing wrong with Idealo at all... it just the eBay screw things because you can see a vender with 2 cheap copies of the game that are on sale since Feb 20.

He says it is sealed yet but that doesn't change it could be a second hand seller (it is hard to know on eBay).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
"Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate re-enters the top 40 in 18th, with 90 per cent of sales going to the PS5 version."

Ooof. So much for Game Pass and Xbox taking over.
Actually that is the exactly situation you expect from Gamepass.
Xbox games selling little to nothing on retail.
PS5 having most sales.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

For the love of whichever God you believe in, just stop buying GTA V. You don't need a copy every month in order to play, it ain't a prescription.
Every year we have new little timmy's who turned 13 and convinced their parents to buy them the game.

Interfectum

Actually that is the exactly situation you expect from Gamepass.
Xbox games selling little to nothing on retail.
PS5 having most sales.
No matter what Phil Spencer says, Game Pass will eventually lead to a massive downturn for Xbox games at retail if it hasn't already. I know the meme last year was how they actually sold more games or some shit but that's not going to hold. I'm really curious what the ratio of sales will be for something like GTA6 on Series X vs PS5 when it eventually comes out.

Mr_Potato

Banned
Am I allowed to call Demon's Souls a bomba here? It's a game sales thread after all.

The same way you can call Xbox game sales terrible, with every game selling better on PS5 in the single former Xbox territory in Europe. That doesn't bode well for the brand in Europe and worldwide.

Demon's Souls is a Souls game, it will never have the same sales as Spiderman. And due to shortages there are only a few million PS5 out there in the world, so I'm not sure what kind of sales you expected. PS4 has a 100 million+ installed base, so of course games will sell a lot more on it.

Last edited:
Demon's Souls is a Souls game, it will never have the same sales as Spiderman. And due to shortages there are only a few million PS5 out there in the world, so I'm not sure what kind of sales you expected. PS4 has a 100 million+ installed base, so of course games will sell a lot more on it.
You literally just celebrated Mortal Kombat 11 for re-entering the charts due to the PS5 boost with 90% sold there. Now you're telling me there are not enough PS5s out there to see a similar boost to Demon's Souls? Just be consistent and hold that L.

ethomaz

Banned
You literally just celebrated Mortal Kombat 11 for re-entering the charts due to the PS5 boost with 90% sold there. Now you're telling me there are not enough PS5s out there to see a similar boost to Demon's Souls? Just be consistent and hold that L.
If I'm not wrong the last time PS5 got stock Demon's Souls got a 400% boost.
It is probably similar this time it just we don't have the TOP40.

More PS5 stocks = increase in all PS5 game sales.

Last edited:

Mr_Potato

Banned

Not sure how your brain works, but 90 % is a big percentage. If there's a loss, it's right here in front of your eyes, in Xbox game sales being very inferior on every game in a former home country. Hold that L indeed.

Demon's Souls sold well by the way : on January, the Playstation Blog reported that Demon's Souls was the fifth bestselling PlayStation 5 game digitally for 2020 in the United States, Canada, and all of Europe : https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/13/playstation-store-top-downloads-of-2020/https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/13/playstation-store-top-downloads-of-2020/

But it's nice from you to be so concerned for a game you can't even play on your platform of choice.

Last edited:
Not sure how your brain works, but 90 % is a big percentage. If there's a loss, it's right here in front of your eyes, in Xbox game sales being very inferior on every game in a former home country. Hold that L indeed.

Demon's Souls sold well by the way : on January, the Playstation Blog reported that Demon's Souls was the fifth bestselling PlayStation 5 game digitally for 2020 in the United States, Canada, and all of Europe : https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/13/playstation-store-top-downloads-of-2020/https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/13/playstation-store-top-downloads-of-2020/
The cope is delicious, ngl.

sublimit

Banned
If I'm not wrong the last time PS5 got stock Demon's Souls got a 400% boost.
It is probably similar this time it just we don't have the TOP40.

More PS5 stocks = increase in all PS5 game sales.
In my country even for those who managed to get a PS5 it's very difficult to find a physical copy of Demon's Souls. Retailers probably getting a limited stock of the game due to the limited amount of PS5s in the market.

Top Bottom