• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

Hostile_18

Banned
Gotta agree with you. Scalpers in general are scum.

I have a spare PS5 coming and i'm letting it go to a family who have been trying to get one - I am letting it go for £449, which is what I paid.

I sold my second PS5 at cost to my bestie (otherwise I would of cancelled it).

My PS5 that went in for repair Royal mail tracked 48 has hardly moved in 4 days since I posted it. Stuck at a local depot.

I sold my second PS5 at cost to my bestie (otherwise I would of cancelled it).

My PS5 that went in for repair Royal mail tracked 48 has hardly moved in 4 days since I posted it. Stuck at a local depot.

My PS5 has been fine, however I posted a guitar on Monday via ParcelForce and it is out for delivery today on a next day service! Think they are heavily backlogged. Even first class games are taking 3-5 days.

Roufianos

Man, Currys fucking sucks. I pre-ordered a Series X with them through a £5 deposit. They then sent me the link to pay it all off but cancelled it 5 minutes later. When I asked why they apologised that they had no reason.

They just kept my £5 after that, even after I completed a refund request. I had to get my bank to claim the money back in the end.

I know it's not a lot of money but it's the principal, surely you don't just keep people's deposits.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

Just got an email from Curry’s that my PS5 will be delivered tomorrow.
Pretty surprised as when I ordered it on Nov 19th, they said it’ll be delivered on December 15th. Also, it’s 2 PS5s. And got another 2 coming from Very.

I’m going to sell all 4 of them on eBay. 🙂

Hostile_18

Banned
My PS5 that I sent to Sony is still in transit. Royal Mail Tracked 48... hasnt moved in 7 days. The phone lines are too busy to take calls when I tried about 5 times today.. and now their closed 😡

My PS5 that I sent to Sony is still in transit. Royal Mail Tracked 48... hasnt moved in 7 days. The phone lines are too busy to take calls when I tried about 5 times today.. and now their closed 😡

Do they have live chat? I got through to ParcelForce live chat this morning straight away and got 25% refund for a late delivery

LIDL have consoles in stock.

Better get there before the scalpers.

dBDVQNb.jpg

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I got my Curry's email too. Ordered November 19th @ 08:23. Arriving tomorrow

Sorry bit late but yes my friends one I ordered arrived too.

Funny how looking back they said they were going to cancel all the orders that were made that morning. Wonder if they just said that to save face as theres at least 3 of us on here who didn’t have our Curry’s order cancelled.

Inhale

Neo Member
Just got an email from Curry’s that my PS5 will be delivered tomorrow.
Pretty surprised as when I ordered it on Nov 19th, they said it’ll be delivered on December 15th. Also, it’s 2 PS5s. And got another 2 coming from Very.

I’m going to sell all 4 of them on eBay. 🙂
At a reasonable price or a fucking stupid one?

Blood Borne

Why come into the this kind of thread to gloat about scalping four when theres people who genuinely can't get one because of people like you.
so when people say they are happy to get a PS5 to play, it’s not gloat but if they say want to sell it then it’s gloat?

Everyone in this thread is sharing their experiences and no one is accusing them of gloating.

Hostile_18

Banned
so when people say they are happy to get a PS5 to play, it’s not gloat but if they say want to sell it then it’s gloat?

Everyone in this thread is sharing their experiences and no one is accusing them of gloating.

Of course it is. One person is happy to play their new console the other is ripping people off and helping deny fellow gamers get their console and letting people know about it. It's a shitty thing to do and deep down you probably know that, hence looking for validation here.

Who dosnt like extra money but theres a big reason why everyone on Neogaf isnt doing that and it's not because they lack to the skill to do so. If you absolutely insist upon doing it, keep it to yourself. This is a gaming forum for enthusiasts, that your taking advantage of.

LooseLips

No offence but that’s an inane question. “Why not make less money?”

Just because you *can*, doesn't mean you *should*.

But you are in charge of your own morality, play your way. Just remember not to complain if you're ever on the other side...Overdraft rates, mortgage interest, the cost of medical treatments etc.

Blood you’re an idiot tbh. You’re in here to brag, gloat and seek validation. I ordered one ages ago and then realised I didn’t want one so was just going tell it on eBay- then realised that was just pointless, waste of time and essentially ripping someone off so I cancelled it.
Nobody gives a fuck you’re buying 4 and selling them. Considering more and more stock is coming available and there’s so many scalpers now. Good luck actually selling it for a stupid price.

those scalpers will soon find they can’t shift Them and will have to drop their price. If you sell these for Even 600 it’s not even worth the hassle of selling 4.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

You know exactly what you're doing. I'm not even against scalping technology, I've done it myself, but don't be a cunt about it. The people here are happy to get console in spite of scalpers, walking into a thread talking about how much money you're about to make from scalping is about as arrogant as it gets.

Blood Borne

Of course it is. One person is happy to play their new console the other is ripping people off and helping deny fellow gamers get their console and letting people know about it. It's a shitty thing to do and deep down you probably know that, hence looking for validation here.

Who dosnt like extra money but theres a big reason why everyone on Neogaf isnt doing that and it's not because they lack to the skill to do so. If you absolutely insist upon doing it, keep it to yourself. This is a gaming forum for enthusiasts, that your taking advantage of.
Seek validation?
Seriously, you’re either projecting or you’re reading too much into it. Just like everyone else, I’m simply sharing my experience. Sorry if it pisses anyone, frankly I don’t care.
Just because you *can*, doesn't mean you *should*.

But you are in charge of your own morality, play your way. Just remember not to complain if you're ever on the other side...Overdraft rates, mortgage interest, the cost of medical treatments etc.
Buying a product and selling it for a price people are willing to pay is how virtually every business functions. You guys are just so emotional over a console. Seriously, it’s pathetic. I’m simply selling a console.
Blood you’re an idiot tbh. You’re in here to brag, gloat and seek validation. I ordered one ages ago and then realised I didn’t want one so was just going tell it on eBay- then realised that was just pointless, waste of time and essentially ripping someone off so I cancelled it.
Nobody gives a fuck you’re buying 4 and selling them. Considering more and more stock is coming available and there’s so many scalpers now. Good luck actually selling it for a stupid price.

those scalpers will soon find they can’t shift Them and will have to drop their price. If you sell these for Even 600 it’s not even worth the hassle of selling 4.
First of all thanks for the personal insult, really shows how emotional and puerile you are and secondly I sold one two days ago at my desired price. The buyer received it yesterday, even sent me a thank you/appreciation message. The buyer is happy, I’m happy. Everyone is happy except you emotional people in this thread.
You know exactly what you're doing. I'm not even against scalping technology, I've done it myself, but don't be a cunt about it. The people here are happy to get console in spite of scalpers, walking into a thread talking about how much money you're about to make from scalping is about as arrogant as it gets.
If you’ve done it yourself, then you’re also an arrogant cunt as well.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If you’ve done it yourself, then you’re also an arrogant cunt as well.

Are you dense? I'm saying you're arrogant for coming in and talking about what you're scalping for how much in front of people who just want the console to use. You have no idea what I've sold for how much, because I'm not bragging about it.

Again, I don't care what you do, I got mine at launch, but you're here to rile people up and you know it.

Blood Borne

Are you dense? I'm saying you're arrogant for coming in and talking about what you're scalping for how much in front of people who just want the console to use. You have no idea what I've sold for how much, because I'm not bragging about it.

Again, I don't care what you do, I got mine at launch, but you're here to rile people up and you know it.
The only people getting riled up are emotional people who think everyone else should abide by their own arbitrary moral standards.

AV

The only people getting riled up are emotional people who think everyone else should abide by their own arbitrary moral standards.

See how many people get angry at my post admitting I scalp some things versus the six people calling you out right now for being a prick about it. There's a difference. I'm assuming you're not genuinely autistic, stop acting like it.

Spanky

Neo Member
To bring this back to some kind of normalcy, just got a shipping confirmation from ShopTo for their latest stock batch (email came end of last week to confirm/pay) so hopefully everyone that wants one will get one very soon.

LooseLips

I understand you say don't feel any sense of wrong-doing over this, even if some of your justifications lack efficacy. However, I'ts not 'pathetic' to contend your actions, in fact it's absolutley as acceptable as you reporting them. So you can cool it with the insults.

See how many people get angry at my post admitting I scalp some things versus the six people calling you out right now for being a prick about it. There's a difference. I'm assuming you're not genuinely autistic, stop acting like it.
It’s funny how he’s trying to shift that narrative to people getting emotional and upset. Basically we’re all apparent emotional unstable for getting upset over a plastic box..

news flash nobody is getting upset, sorry to disappoint. I called you an idiot before, now you sound just like a clown tbh.

what exactly is the desired price then? I don’t believe you sold it for more than 800

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Just thought I'd say anyone that gloats about scalping people in one of the hardest economic periods of our lifetime is nothing but a cunt and should be ashamed of themselves.

There's a difference between scalping quietly and boasting about how much cash you're making.

I had many opportunities to scalp, hell I got offers from people saying they'd pay me £200 for a pre-order slot! I could've taken it and maybe should've but I decided not to and gave them the spot for free.

Even if I did take the offer, I'd never gloat about it as that makes you an arrogant cunt. Keep your side jobs to yourself if you can't talk about them without wanking yourself off.

I'm wondering if he declared it to the Inland Revenue as an additional income...

My additional Disc version was hand delivered to the new owner for £449, as promised. The lady was super-happy as she already let her kid down once for not being able to get one for his birthday - then had said she wouldn't be able to get one for Christmas either. This is a nice surprise for him :)

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm wondering if he declared it to the Inland Revenue as an additional income...

My additional Disc version was hand delivered to the new owner for £449, as promised. The lady was super-happy as she already let her kid down once for not being able to get one for his birthday - then had said she wouldn't be able to get one for Christmas either. This is a nice surprise for him :)
That's real nice of you man! Made that kid's year! Respect ❤️

Cherrypepsi

I just got baited into a Smyths store in Dublin because I could see from the outside through the windows that there were PS5 and SeriesX on shelves.

I walked in just to see the "out of stock" sticker next to it

Then in the store I actually bought a football.

God damn it.. the bait worked!

Rolla

Banned
Has anyone heard anything about stock in tghe UK. I've been looking for the Dualsense charger sincle launch but all I'm seeing is knockoffs and reports that some brick the DS itself.

I thoght Jim said there would be stock before XMAS?

Hostile_18

Banned
Has anyone heard anything about stock in tghe UK. I've been looking for the Dualsense charger sincle launch but all I'm seeing is knockoffs and reports that some brick the DS itself.

I thoght Jim said there would be stock before XMAS?

I had the charger ordered a few months before launch on Shop.to and it still says back ordered.

Very had some on in the mean time.. for around 2 minutes 🙈

Last edited:
Top Bottom