• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Boxed Charts: Sniper Elite 5 debuts at No.1; Horizon Forgotten West #2; Gran Turismo 7 up 109% to #5

vYVt05I.jpg
Sony out there, literally forcing people to buy their games, no publisher should have that much power.

Jimbo needs to be stoped.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
i doubt they are buying digital either when you have the download button ready to go. again it isnt a bad thing. why would you buy a mild game like that when you can just play and get over it. if it is a popular game like gta or something yeah i can see people want to own
Are you sure about that?
Just because it's not a big game, it doesn't mean people would not buy it.

Plus I told you that Xbox users would buy it digital, so expect those sales to be higher in digital.

shh is secret imagine if other companies start bundling their games, we better not tell anyone. i hope no one else finds out

I’m wondering when we will start seeing special edition consoles from Sony. Really curious to see if they go beyond custom faceplates.

They will release numbers and you'll see the same people saying it sold what it sold because of bundles. The damage control will never stop regardless of how stupid it is.

This is the dumbest trolling ever. This temporary bundle won't even account for even 500k of extra copies, yet you will have trolls saying it only sold 15m because of bundles. So fucking stupid. I remember people trying the same thing with uncharted 4 when it had a holiday bundle for a few weeks. Some of these guys can't stand seeing the success of sonys 1st party games.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
True. But I never claimed that, so no clue why the blue team is piling on me :messenger_beaming: My only claim is that you can't really talk about legs when games are heavily bundled.
Horizon was still top 10 in those charts before the bundle was released. Same for NPD so it was still selling. Those are not just bundle sales. The bundle is not even out in USA.

I wouldn't complain about warring if I were you because it was announced on the ban page you would be permabanned next but you were still allowed to come back twice. You're lucky the mods love you after so many bans 🙄

SLB1904

Banned
I’m hoping for a Ragnarok PS5 but I’m not sure if they will do that again.
I would be surprised tbh. But you never know
Horizon was still top 10 in those charts before the bundle was released. Same for NPD so it was still selling. Those are not just bundle sales. The bundle is not even out in USA.

I wouldn't complain about warring if I were you because it was announced on the ban page you would be permabanned next but you were still allowed to come back twice. You're lucky the mods love you after so many bans 🙄
Bundles don't count on npd regardless

Last edited:

To be fair his first perm wasn’t console warring. I’m not going to talk about what it was though since I don’t want to bring up that subject again.

I'm mostly complaining about the inconsistency. Warring should either be allowed or not, I'm fine with both scenarios. It should just be enforced consistently so that people know what situation they're dealing with.

For the people interested in my permaban, I posted an antisemitic infographic without knowing it (the infographic had tons of data and in one tiny corner there was an antisemitic caricature or something, if I remember correctly). I've been trolled successfully :messenger_beaming:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
To be fair his first perm wasn’t console warring. I’m not going to talk about what it was though since I don’t want to bring up that subject again.
Maybe but last year he was 100% banned because of warring and the mods wrote something like "we tried working with you, the next one will be permanent".

He was banned twice since then and still here with the same shtick. That was like in November last year 🙄

kingfey

Banned
i do too. but not by much
If it's a nichie game, it would higher on digital, because people won't waste money on the physical copy.
That is the flaw of your logic.

So in this case, this game would have higher on sale on digital. Because that is what logic dictates.

In that case, the digital sales would be higher than physical sales.

Unless you think people would buy the physical copy for a niche game.

SLB1904

Banned
If it's a nichie game, it would higher on digital, because people won't waste money on the physical copy.
That is the flaw of your logic.

So in this case, this game would have higher on sale on digital. Because that is what logic dictates.

In that case, the digital sales would be higher than physical sales.

Unless you think people would buy the physical copy for a niche game.
digital sales are higher nowadays because the internet speeds are great in uk and its convenient. is definitely faster than driving to your local store

yazenov

Elden Ring UK boxed sales split.

"63% of boxed sales were on PS5, with 17% on Xbox, 17% on PS4 and 3% on PC. Note: PC and Xbox are heavily digital platforms, this is purely for boxed sales"

We pretty much have a rough idea now the approximate split if a third party game is day one on Gamepass or not. This is for your references.

- Elden ring (not on Gamepass) box sales on Xbox 17%

- Sniper Elite 5 on Gamepass, Xbox box sales split 8%

Gamepass indeed affecting game purchases?

Also notice the huge PS5 split which pretty much invalidates the user base arguments when comparisons software sales with Xbox as the user base is very close to each other in UK with regards to next gen consoles.

reksveks

"63% of boxed sales were on PS5, with 17% on Xbox, 17% on PS4 and 3% on PC. Note: PC and Xbox are heavily digital platforms, this is purely for boxed sales"

We pretty much have a rough idea now the approximate split if a third party game is day one on Gamepass or not. This is for your references.

Also notice the huge PS5 split which pretty much invalidates the user base arguments when comparisons software sales with Xbox as the user base is very close to each other in UK with regards to next gen consoles.
There is combined (Physical and digital) numbers out there, why are we going back to boxed numbers for Elden Ring?

Just in case you missed it

Post in thread 'UK Boxed Charts: Sniper Elite 5 debuts at No.1; Horizon Forgotten West #2; Gran Turismo 7 up 109% to #5' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/uk-b...-turismo-7-up-109-to-5.1637245/post-266219105

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
digital sales are higher nowadays because the internet speeds are great in uk and its convenient. is definitely faster than driving to your local store
Then this list is useless, since there is no digital sales.

You just described the current consumers, who aren't counted on this system.

kingfey

Banned

[/URL]

why don't you post this one. Maybe because it doesn't match your narrative right?

kingfey

Banned
There is combined (Physical and digital) numbers out there, why are we going back to boxed numbers for Elden Ring?
Because he doesn't care about that data.
If he had any care for logic, he would have posted the updated info, instead of the outdated info.

People don't like the correct info. They want something, that fits their narrative.

yazenov

Im comparing boxed elden ring to boxed Sniper Elite 5 since we don't have physical and digital SE5 yet. Im happy to compare them both when we have both splits.

But for now, being on Gamepass, the physical split is dramatically reduced to 8%.

SLB1904

Banned
Then this list is useless, since there is no digital sales.

You just described the current consumers, who aren't counted on this system.
is not useless for what it is, the same way digital would be useless without physical, both complement each other

yazenov

Because he doesn't care about that data.
If he had any care for logic, he would have posted the updated info, instead of the outdated info.

People don't like the correct info. They want something, that fits their narrative.

Um, when we have both physical and digital splits for Sniper Elite 5 I'll do the apples to apples comparison. Or do you have any information I don't?

kingfey

Banned
Um, when we have both physical and digital splits for Sniper Elite 5 I'll do the apples to apples comparison. Or do you have any information I don't?
The info that you need is there.

84% of elden ring was digital. So sniper elite 5 would also be digital.

That is all you need.

This data here is just physical, which Xbox sells less, due to 85% of users buying digital games.

That is all you need.

This data here is just physical, which Xbox sells less, due to 85% of users buying digital games.

I guess the information we don’t have is how many more buy it digitally. That’s the issue with discussing sales without any hard numbers.

kingfey

Banned
is not useless for what it is, the same way digital would be useless without physical, both complement each other
Not really, when one overwhelms the other one.
If elden ring digital edition gets 84% of Xbox users, then there is no comparison.

Xbox at this point isn't a physical console. It's a digital console. Most sales would be digital.

Until we have both physical and digital sales, these physical sales means nothing for xbox users.

yazenov

That is all you need.

No, the huge difference is Sniper Elite 5 is on Gamepass which may change the equation, as seen now with the physical boxed sales. 8% compared to 17% Elden Ring.

Factor in Gamepass. We will see next week when we have digital slips if Gamepass changes the ratio.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I guess the information we don’t have is how many more buy it digitally. That’s the issue with discussing sales without any hard numbers.
Correct. That is the info that is missing.

We can't reach conclusions, because 1 key info is missing.

Until we have that, then the data won't tell us anything at all.

Even Sony recent pages showed us, that their users were going for digital. They forecasted 80% of their users buying digital in the future.

kingfey

Banned
No, the huge difference is Sniper Elite 5 is on Gamepass which may change the equation, as seen now with the physical boxed sales. 8% compared to 17% Elden Ring.

Factor in Gamepass. We will see next week when we have digital slips if Gamepass changes the ratio.
Sniper Elite is not the same level as elden ring.
These type of games, usually gets sold more on digital, even without gamepass.
That is the nature for these games.
The physical copies would be limited, compared to digital copies.

Plus gamepass has 30% of Xbox users. You have 70% of their users not subscribed to the service.

It would be an issue, if gamepass is 60% to 70% of Xbox users. Until then, it won't affect Xbox sales.

Remember gamepass is on pc and console. That is 25m userbase. Xbox has more than 50m users (shared consoles helps). With PC users in the mix, it won't reach half of 40% of Xbox userbase.

Correct. That is the info that is missing.

We can't reach conclusions, because 1 key info is missing.

Until we have that, then the data won't tell us anything at all.

Even Sony recent pages showed us, that their users were going for digital. They forecasted 80% of their users buying digital in the future.

I’m assuming people are trying to argue one or two things.

1. PS5 (Physical + Digital) > Series ( Physical + Digital)
  2. PS5 (Physical + Digital) < Series ( Physical + Digital)
Either can be possible but it’s hard to prove without any numbers. These charts do tell us which one is selling more physical copies but without any hard numbers. All I know about digital sales is that they are pretty big on both platforms. But it’s up to you to decide which one is selling more digital copies since all we can do is estimate those numbers.

kingfey

Banned
I’m assuming people are trying to argue one or two things.

1. PS5 (Physical + Digital) > Series ( Physical + Digital)
  2. PS5 (Physical + Digital) < Series ( Physical + Digital)
Either can be possible but it’s hard to prove without any numbers. These charts do tell us which one is selling more physical copies but without any hard numbers. All I know about digital sales is that they are pretty big on both platforms. But it’s up to you to decide which one is selling more digital copies since all we can do is estimate those numbers.
One thing is very clear. PS would have more sales. Digital or physical. That is the nature of having more userbase.

When you compare the sales to xbox userbase, you will get the idea, what their userbase buy.

Until xbox has 120m consoles sold, or 110+m monthly users, then they won't even get close to PS sales at all.

Top Bottom