• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Boxed Charts: Sniper Elite 5 debuts at No.1; Horizon Forgotten West #2; Gran Turismo 7 up 109% to #5

kingfey

Banned
Yeah charts they release on Sunday/Monday are physical only, and digital downloads packed in consoles are counted towards physical sales.
I wish they can state that on the chart.
We have people that likes to downplay these type of news to fit their narrative.

Jaybe

GT7 will simply be huge over this generation if they treat it as a platform to build from. 15 million or more perhaps? Especially once they drop it on PC.

sircaw

Banned
sam winchester yawn GIF

arvfab

Banned
You can buy ps5 on ebay for cheap. There are plenty available. People are buying the bundles because they want to. It comes with bangers. I would too if I didn't have ps5. They hot the good shit

I'm uk the difference between xbox and ps is not much. Regardless what we arguing for then? Ps has bigger user because people want playstations. They earn it making a popular console that people want. Xbox is readly available. Who's fault is that then?
People acting like buyers HAVE TO buy the bundles. Last week I proposed a bundle with Horizon and GT7 to a friend searching a PS5. His answer: I'm not interested in these games, I will wait.

reksveks

uk the difference between xbox and ps is not much. Regardless what we arguing for then? Ps has bigger user because people want playstations. They earn it making a popular console that people want. Xbox is readly available. Who's fault is that then?
Source for *not too much". Chris basically has said that it was around 1.3/14:1. Can get the tweet.

The think that it highlights that attach rates for Elden Ring and also other AAA games not on GP but on Xbox are relatively similar to PS.

Not arguing that PS isn't more popular.

SLB1904

Banned
So plenty available, that there is a shortage:messenger_tears_of_joy:
I mean is not hard to find out
Just Google it

The bundles are going for 700 quid. And people are buying them. I mean if people don't want the game like some of you are implying why is on average 35 quid? Used on sale. I mean the market is flooded according to some of you lol

Jaybe

Regarding SE5 on Game Pass, obviously the publisher/developer must be happy to have taken the money, and in theory contracts are a win for both parties otherwise why do it. The only really reason the poor sales on the platform get called out on these threads is MS and a random dev or two have gone on about Game Pass inclusion drives even more sales, which is just logically complete bunk particularly at this stage of Game Pass’ adoption. The only real plausible situation for this is some four-player coop or multiplayer game that drives friends to buy or an uninterested customer to pay attention.

SLB1904

Banned
Source for *not too much". Chris basically has said that it was around 1.3/14:1. Can get the tweet.

The think that it highlights that attach rates for Elden Ring and also other AAA games not on GP but on Xbox are relatively similar to PS.

Not arguing that PS isn't more popular.
Lol no they aren't
Xbox account for 16% of the sales digital and physical

console warring:messenger_fire:
Says you

Last edited:

reksveks

Regarding SE5 on Game Pass, obviously the publisher/developer must be happy to have taken the money, and in theory contracts are a win for both parties otherwise why do it. The only really reason the poor sales on the platform get called out on these threads is MS and a random dev or two have gone on about Game Pass inclusion drives even more sales, which is just logically complete bunk particularly at this stage of Game Pass’ adoption. The only real plausible situation for this is some four-player coop or multiplayer game that drives friends to buy or an uninterested customer to pay attention.
It is not bunk, but people are using one pattern for all games on GP where it is inherently not true; both positive or negative. There will be games where GP has no impact on sales and there will be games where GP has a +ve impact on sales and there will be games where GP has a -ve impact on sales.

Neofire

Very nice Sony titles are getting the love the deserve. I'm very curious about the Sniper Elite franchise, never tried it but I may bite on this one since it's been getting a lot of buzz.

yazenov

Relative to the userbase, is it huge?

The majority of software sales for new games if am not mistaken is on the next gen consoles aka PS5, not ps4 from the splits we are given in UK. So ps and Xbox userbase are neck and neck in the UK, yet PS always comes on top in software sales.

Last edited:
Tell that to people downplaying it.
Analysing sales isn't a new thing we have done that for ages. If you ( I don't mean you) not happy with it, fuck off. Stop being in every thread downplaying because doesn't make your side look good.
Look at the elden ring sales split, bare in mind is a highly anticipated game and is not on gamepass. The split is huge regardless. And I'm taking about both physical and digital.
Yea but using just UK sales to try and make a point in totality is stupid since its not even 25% of the data needed to make a concise argument. IDC what the total sales are, I play on both and I just want the company to do well. But people have to stop acting like they are making good points off a lack of data.

SLB1904

Banned
Yea but using just UK sales to try and make a point in totality is stupid since its not even 25% of the data needed to make a concise argument. IDC what the total sales are, I play on both and I just want the company to do well. But people have to stop acting like they are making good points off a lack of data.
Doesn't matter. No one is making a point at all. No one is talking about other markets. This is uk sales threads. The same way we have threads for Japan, us etc

That's the data we got. Once you have another stuff share innit?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Makes sense. What happens in future when MS decide not to throw millions at SE6 or 7? Xbox owners won't be bothered paying.
That's quite the assumption.

Xbox gamers are spending loads of money.. on games.. this narrative that they don't is so odd.. look at MS's financials.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
The CONCERNED CITIZENS must be happy. All of their concerns have been put to rest. Era must be mad since it seems HFW is not forgotten at all.

Doesn't matter. No one is making a point at all. No one is talking about other markets. This is uk sales threads. The same way we have threads for Japan, us etc

That's the data we got. Once you have another stuff share innit?
We not reading the same thread? People are making points about gamepass and xbox sales in general on this thread.

reksveks

That's quite the assumption.

Xbox gamers are spending loads of money.. on games.. this narrative that they don't is so odd.. look at MS's financials.
I dont think it would make sense. If there was a massive reduction in full game sales, either xbox are making a shit tonne in xbox gold/gp revenue or dlc which would be surfaced in other data sets.

yazenov

I seem to recall some people downplaying consoles sales and were saying that console sales don't matter anymore since the introduction of Gamepass and MS releasing their games on PC, so essentially downplaying the userbase advantage.

Now people are saying that Playstation sells more software because of the userbase advantage. That's right, genius. More hardware = more software. Its pretty darn obvious and that argument of hardware sales don't matter was so dumb and didn't age well.

So which is it now? Hardware sales matter or not?

Jaybe

It is not bunk, but people are using one pattern for all games on GP where it is inherently not true; both positive or negative. There will be games where GP has no impact on sales and there will be games where GP has a +ve impact on sales and there will be games where GP has a -ve impact on sales.
I think my overarching point was we really should just expect games that are on game pass to sell less copies on the Xbox platform, and not be fussed when they invariably are lower than it’s respective user base. I agree on the various outcome situations you described, but my sense from what I’ve seen is that the games coming out with bolstered sales via inclusion in game pass (especially day 1) are the lowest category, and I’d hazard any where from a few edge cases to 10% of releases. What really interests me from the business end of things is the impact to recent third party sales not on game pass and the platform breakdown, eg Elden Ring, RE8, Lego Skywalker. It’s surely a disruptive model from an economics angle.

SLB1904

Banned
We not reading the same thread? People are making points about gamepass and xbox sales in general on this thread.
what ive seen people saying gamepass affects the sales, which is true. or do you think is different anywhere else? now if its good or bad only developers can decide. they clearly run the numbers when they put the game on gamepass

Stuart360

Guys there is a reason why 'UK boxed sales' is a meme on here.
Xbox is 90% digital at least. Even COD Vanguard, which isnt even on Gamepass, was 90% digital sales on Xbox. Take a game that IS on Gamepass and that percentage is going to be even higher. Its not rocket science here.
XSS, which is beating XSX currently due to availability, is a digital only console. What do you shitposters expect?.

use-this-william-zabka.gif

Last edited:
what ive seen people saying gamepass affects the sales, which is true. or do you think is different anywhere else? now if its good or bad only developers can decide. they clearly run the numbers when they put the game on gamepass
It probably affects sales. In what way, we don't know if it does at all. My only point is that the lack of data is why it's a meme. Nothing wrong with posting UK box charts as an interesting topic. Using it to come to any conclusions in any way is silly.

reksveks

What really interests me from the business end of things is the impact to recent third party sales not on game pass and the platform breakdown, eg Elden Ring, RE8, Lego Skywalker. It’s surely a disruptive model from an economics angle.
Yeah same, I don't think we have enough data yet. I have like 5/6 games in various places including FC6, COD, ER.

SLB1904

Banned
Xbox is 90% digital at least. Even COD Vanguard, which isnt even on Gamepass, was 90% digital sales on Xbox. Take a game that IS on Gamepass and that percentage is going to be even higher. Its not rocket sciemnce here.
XSS, which is beating XSX currently due to availability, is a digital only console. What do you shitposters expect?.

just because physical is irrelevant for xbox doesn't mean is for everyone else. ande being annoying in every thread isn't a meme is a nuisance

It probably affects sales. In what way, we don't know if it does at all. My only point is that the lack of data is why it's a meme. Nothing wrong with posting UK box charts as an interesting topic. Using it to come to any conclusions in any way is silly.
i mean it sold 8% physical on xbox is obviously people arent buying when its available on game pass. i don't mean is a bad thing either, if a game was available on ps plus i wouldn't buy it either

I am talking about the idiots who are ignoring the platform split, and Xbox being a digital console.
there are digital ps5 as well, and quite a lot as well, probably not as close as series s. but we also get digital sales from uk, and there is much difference.

Last edited:

tommib

Love the bundle concern. Are we to discard game sales from Metroid Prime when it was bundled with the GameCube? Is that the new thing to do? This forum is infested with concern at this point. It’s getting pathetic.

It’s like downplaying the sales of Tetris because it was bundled with the Gameboy. Get a life, people.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Xbox is 90% digital at least. Even COD Vanguard, which isnt even on Gamepass, was 90% digital sales on Xbox. Take a game that IS on Gamepass and that percentage is going to be even higher. Its not rocket sciemnce here.

Lol calm down, it’s a tiresome discussion I know but it’s actually on point. I haven’t bought a game on Xbox in 1.5 years because of Gamepass. That’s the Gamepass effect in my house, so nothing surprise me about low Xbox sales. It’s still the console I play the most on though but that don’t show in any sales graph.
I hope to cut down on purchases and increase playtime on PS5 too now that I’m set until 2024 with PS+ Premium. Subs FTW 👌

Jaybe

Yeah same, I don't think we have enough data yet. I have like 5/6 games in various places including FC6, COD, ER.
Agree on the data. It’s very hard to find relevant samples and trends particularly as the console share changed and with digital’s games, especially with Xbox’s XSS being only digital. Where you the person that did the several years of COD table a while back? AC’s recent trilogy may be interesting too. But at the end we are just left with platform shares over time while some foundation parts have moved.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
All the but bundles posts...

Please explain GT7 sales bump.

Or when Miles stayed in the UK charts....

With Series S leading Xbox sales they don't. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

So, PS5 creeping back ever so slightly now that the Jan-Mar 2022 extra dry period for PS5 is over.

I wont say anything yet, its too early....but...

Welp.

Top Bottom