• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Boxed Charts - Horizon Forbidden West returns to No.1 due to PS5 bundles

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Is the problem that sales figures aren't a good metric for what people want them to indicate? That one console is better than another?

Horizon must have got a boost from being bundled.

Gamepass probably does have people who'll try it because they got a deal.

There's nothing that controversial about those things. There's only a problem when someone says one is definitely untrue but the other is a scandal.

Sales figures threads are a waste of your time if they make you very happy/angry.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
its lognor, hes salty about every related to playstation.

Lognor going camping to relax after this devastating news...

Camping Parks And Recreation GIF by Mashable

When he finds out he can't stay more than 7 days if he hasn't connected his playstation to play his ps+Extra/Premium games
Angry Marvel Cinematic Universe GIF by Leroy Patterson

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Is the problem that sales figures aren't a good metric for what people want them to indicate? That one console is better than another?

Horizon must have got a boost from being bundled.

Gamepass probably does have people who'll try it because they got a deal.

There's nothing that controversial about those things. There's only a problem when someone says one is definitely untrue but the other is a scandal.

Sales figures threads are a waste of your time if they make you very happy/angry.
Oh no you don't get it...I can have a few months of gamepass by buying a can of pringles, it shows how much people want gamepass...But having a game when you buy a console is forced bundles, it is totally not double standards...Except when my favorite brand does bundles but we just need to no talk about it and problem solved....

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Oh no you don't get it...I can have a few months of gamepass by buying a can of pringles, it shows how much people want gamepass...But having a game when you buy a console is forced bundles, it is totally not double standards...Except when my favorite brand does bundles but we just need to no talk about it and problem solved....

I do get it, both bundles and free codes inflate the numbers and some people think that one is a justified reason to discount a number but the other isn't.

People using a gamepass code from a snack might well continue their sub. They might buy pringles and never use the code. They might go through a tedious process of making endless gamertags so they can get a week of free games for a tube of pringles. People buying a PS5 might be really keen on getting Horizon included, they might immediately trade it / put it on ebay.

We just don't know enough detail to judge so there's no point in arguing with someone who says one situation is definitely happening but the other definitely isn't.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I do get it, both bundles and free codes inflate the numbers and some people think that one is a justified reason to discount a number but the other isn't.

People using a gamepass code from a snack might well continue their sub. They might buy pringles and never use the code. They might go through a tedious process of making endless gamertags so they can get a week of free games for a tube of pringles. People buying a PS5 might be really keen on getting Horizon included, they might immediately trade it / put it on ebay.

We just don't know enough detail to judge so there's no point in arguing with someone who says one situation is definitely happening but the other definitely isn't.
Yep exactly and each side think that what the other do is wrong...In reality bundles and (to a lesser extent) code giving have always been a part of gaming but somehow it is now a bad thing because some feel the need to push the narrative that one side or the other is failing or dishonest all this while failing to see their own double standards....So either you count them all, bundles, code giveaway etc... or you count none but the latter is way harder to do since you can't know the numbers....So just be happy with the numbers.

Edit I realised I forgot to put a /s in my first post.

Last edited:

tommib

Yep exactly and each side think that what the other do is wrong...In reality bundles and (to a lesser extent) code giving have always been a part of gaming but somehow it is now a bad thing because some feel the need to push the narrative that one side or the other is failing or dishonest all this while failing to see their own double standards....So either you count them all, bundles, code giveaway etc... or you count none but the latter is way harder to do since you can't know the numbers....So just be happy with the numbers.
Some people spent a year with a fat alloy avatar. Of course constantly seeing the game on the top of the list kills them. These are the true warriors that light a candle at home on behalf of their favourite CEO.

It’s absurd of course. It’s like minimising Wii Sports sales because it came with every Wii.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Some people spent a year with a fat alloy avatar. Of course constantly seeing the game on the top of the list kills them. These are the true warriors that light a candle at home on behalf of their favourite CEO.

It’s absurd of course. It’s like minimising Wii Sports sales because it came with every Wii.
I remember a time when I could get games buying cereals...I don't know if that happenned in other countries too but I'll take a guess and think it did.I was just happy to play games...Simpler times , mostly because I was dumber ...Not saying that I'm smart now but less dumb.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Ha, sorry dude, I thought you were fighting the good fight!
Yeah I understood that after reading your response and saw that I was ambiguous....Yeah of course either you count all bundles and codes etc... or none but since we don't have the numbers of bundles codes etc...Then we can just count all of them even better it is a largely less tedious way, it's a win-win-win ?
the-office-win-win.gif

I mean you just gotta take a look at all these God of War topics.

This constant pressure on a 2022 release date only happened after Zelda and Starfield were delayed to 2023...and of course the pressure and bets for a 2023 release are usually from people that don't even play PlayStation games. Why would you want a game to be delayed in the first place right after your favorite toy was as well?

If the game ends up as a 2022 release and gets to be on top of the charts i'm sure it'll also bother a lot of people again. And if Sony also does a bundle during the fall with God of War, people will find all the reasons in the world to dismiss its success. It is what it is.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Yo I just thought fat Aloy was a funny meme.

Did you see some of those images? Where she was a McDonald’s server? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Three

The most telling thing is when those exact people then turn around and hype nonconcurrent cumulative player numbers for 'free' games while simultaneously minimising sales through bundles.

Paying the price of the game on top of your console purchase is the reason why HFW is high to them but tell them a player count isn't that high when somebody had to just click a button as part of their bundled subscription and they will throw a fit.

Console bundling can't be seen as a good thing and it's the only way a game reaches those sales numbers but giving the game away on a subscription is great and a game is a massive success by looking at lifetime player numbers instead. Where is the logic in that?

Top Bottom