• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 280: Oliveira vs. Makhachev - Etihad Arena - October 22

Who wins: Oliveira or Makhachev? Sterling or Dillashaw? Yan or O’Malley?

• Oliveira, Sterling, Yan.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Oliveira, Dillashaw, Yan.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Oliveira, Sterling, O’Malley.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Oliveira, Dillashaw, O’Malley.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Makhachev, Sterling, Yan.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Makhachev, Dillashaw, Yan.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Makhachev, Sterling, O’Malley.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Makhachev, Dillashaw, O’Malley.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaestroMike

Gold Member
👀 suga had his eyes closes probably praying for the dub while they were announcing the decision lol I thought Yan won with the control time O'Malley got good shots in tho

Little Mac

Gold Member
1 away from winning the poll!!!!!

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

MastAndo

Kinda frustrating to see top notch MMA guys make no decent attempts to dodge/slip punches. Oliveira was eating punches from the opening bell, it was only a matter of time before he was going to pay for it. Dominant performance by Islam.

Kinda frustrating to see top notch MMA guys make no decent attempts to dodge/slip punches. Oliveira was eating punches from the opening bell, it was only a matter of time before he was going to pay for it. Dominant performance by Islam.
He got cracked by Chandler, Gaethje & quite a few others & relied on pulling guard. Hopefully he'll work on his grappling & head movement. He's a positive guy.

I feel bad for Charles...He is a great fighter, with an inspiring journey, overcoming the odds...but these Dagestani fighters are something else: Their grappling technique, their mental and physical strength and their hunger will make them very, very, VEEEEERY hard to defeat, if ever.

They said the same thing about Tony Ferguson and looked what happened there. I'm a firm believer that Ferguson and Oliveira in their primes would have made Khabib bleed, but The Eagle would have most likely won those bouts anyway.

No, they would not have. Oliveira is in his prime, actually, so your comment makes zero sense.

No, they would not have. Oliveira is in his prime, actually, so your comment makes zero sense.
I meant Tony Ferguson, that was a mistake on my part as I didn't change the comment. Yes I'm pretty sure Ferguson would have made Khabib bleed, his elbows on his back and striking were both dangerous. He had unorthodox body and head movement and was a challenge for many fighters. I still believe Khabib would have beat Ferguson had that fight not been cancelled 5 times, but he would have had a gash on his forehead.
22cfd8d052cbbbeef3a8f0eabb1bcaea.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It's amazing how nobody cares about McGregor anymore when years ago he was the talk of the town. He still desperately tries to get the spotlight.

He's such a good PPV draw (I think he still is????) that Dana White will always give him some prime fights for giant sales, but McGregor has been done for years. His prime years were 2013-1016, where 2016 was the tipping point when he lost to Nate Diaz showing signs he topped out. He got a gimme win against against an ancient Don Cerrone who had been a punching bag for years where the UFC kept him in the circuit so others can beat his face in every 5 months.

Last edited:

mxbison

Quite a letdown for such a hyped card honestly.

Prelims didn't really deliver.
Brady vs Muhammad - average striking match between too great grapplers
Yan vs O'Malley - great fight but horrendous decision
Dariush vs Gamrot - good
Sterling vs Dillashaw - injury
Oliveira vs Makhachev - good, but was expecting more. Oliveira didn't look like he had the same fire.

GymWolf

Yep, i knew that islam wrestling was too much to handle for olives, he was also very shy offensively after the first round after he tasted how heavy was islam on top.

Surprised by o malley, it was a razor thin win but a good win nevertheless.

Dariush is a beast and honestly the only one that i can see giving islam problems because he is both strong and crafty.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member

lol I just always assume conor is drunk when hes talking sh!t on twitter and not really serious he HAS to know he can't ever beat islam or khabib islam is gonna hold onto the belt for a very fukking long time I've already accepted it I hope hes just active and not fighting once a year

Top Bottom