• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 279: Diaz vs. Chimaev - T-Mobile Arena - September 10

Who wins: Diaz or Chimaev? Ferguson or Jingliang? Holland or Rodriguez?

• Diaz, Ferguson, Holland.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Diaz, Jingliang, Holland.

• Diaz, Ferguson, Rodriguez.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diaz, Jingliang, Rodriguez.

• Chimaev, Ferguson, Holland.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Chimaev, Jingliang, Holland.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Chimaev, Ferguson, Rodriguez.

• Chimaev, Jingliang, Rodriguez.

• Diaz, Chimaev, Li.

• Diaz, Holland, Li.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Diaz, Chimaev, Rodriguez.

• Diaz, Holland, Rodriguez.

• Ferguson, Chimaev, Li.

• Ferguson, Holland, Li.

• Ferguson, Chimaev, Rodriguez.

• Ferguson, Holland, Rodriguez.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biff

Khamzat's -1000 and I'm seriously considering betting on him lol.

Nate looks like he legit has not trained for this fight. Maybe he's watched Khamzat fight live but I don't think he's reviewed any tape whatsoever.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Khamzat's -1000 and I'm seriously considering betting on him lol.

Nate looks like he legit has not trained for this fight. Maybe he's watched Khamzat fight live but I don't think he's reviewed any tape whatsoever.

probably because he said this lol

Im rooting for Diaz and I think he has just as much of a chance as he did against Conor when everyone counted him out. Chimy is a good wrestler but I think Diaz still has better JJ and could submit him if caught at the right moment. Hopefully we see a stockton slap too :D

GymWolf

I'm so gonna enjoy that retard being beated to a pulp by chimaev.

Tony is gonna get knocked the fuck out by the leech most probably.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Muahahah chimaev is gonna have an even bigger size advantage and he's not gonna gas out for the weight cut, nate is super fucked.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Anyone else get ESPN notification that Tony and Nate were fighting? Me and a friend had it pop up on our phones but clicking it gets you to just main page. I'm guessing they miss reported it and pulled?

Little Mac

Gold Member
There should be a montage of all the homoerotica non-English speaking fighters have proclaimed while heated.

Anyone else get ESPN notification that Tony and Nate were fighting? Me and a friend had it pop up on our phones but clicking it gets you to just main page. I'm guessing they miss reported it and pulled?
other sites reporting too but nothing official. hope Tony gets that main event money. hope chimaev still fights holland.

the revised card is better than the original card. hope it goes official soon. I understand that holland gets fucked by not prepping against a grappler and Li would be at a big weight disadvantage but for the right money and a promise by the UFC that any losses on this card won't count against them should fix things to keep the card alive.

Little Mac

Gold Member
the revised card is better than the original card. hope it goes official soon. I understand that holland gets fucked by not prepping against a grappler and Li would be at a big weight disadvantage but for the right money and a promise by the UFC that any losses on this card won't count against them should fix things to keep the card alive.

Li has been through enough. First the press conference suit, now this. Dude can't catch a break. Even tried to flex on weight scale and was told no haha

Regardless, Nate vs Tony would be a better fight, but really deserves the media and marketing build up. Fans have wanted this for a long time. Nate vs Khamzat is soooo one sided now with the weight difference, it's stupid and a travesty is this is indeed Nate's last fight with the UFC.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member

holland said on his Instagram story he'd only fight khamzat 5 rounds main event hope they work something out

MaestroMike

Gold Member

dana just confirmed these will be the fights holy moly they're all going to square off in the ceremonial weigh ins. diaz vs ferguson and khamzat vs holland will be five rounds. my poll just got FUKKED !! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

edit:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Did chimaeve just fucking gave us a way better card?

If holland manage to ko the fucker i'm gonna run on the street naked...

I expect an absolute bloodbath between tony and nate, literally, by the third round nate is gonna have more cuts than an emo dude who owns a knives shop...

They double fucked the leech so since there is no 2 without 3, i expect d-rod to ko the dude in the first 15 sec of the fight...

GymWolf

Hope he wins but it's going to be rough

We can only hope that holland can manage to get under the skin of chiamev during the walking in\presentation o the fighters and the beginning of the fight with his usual shit talks, if he can manage that and chimaev start to lunge like a mad man, holland has a chance, otherwise i see chimaev subbing holland's ass in the first round.

Last edited:
I've never seen a bigger fall from grace for a fighter than Chimaev - MMA, boxing, you name it.

I thought Anthony Joshua after the Usyk 2 fight was bad, but this is a whole new world of what-the-fuckery.

Chimaev broke under the pressure. Nate Diaz with the "I'm not even preparing" and the backstage presser shit really got to him.

BTW, fuck all the BlockAsset shit and other sponsors who pay for their posse to drink, fire off guns, eat at good restaurants, etc. it generates a posse of Yes Men that allow Chimaev to hang out at restaurants with his guys for video content/clout rather than getting ready to fight.

Top Bottom