• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier - T-Mobile Arena - July 2

Who wins: Adesanya or Cannonier? Volkanovski or Holloway? Strickland or Pereira?

• Adesanya, Volkanovski, Strickland.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Adesanya, Holloway, Strickland.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Adesanya, Volkanovski, Pereira.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Adesanya, Holloway, Pereira.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Cannonier, Volkanovski, Strickland.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Cannonier, Holloway, Strickland.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cannonier, Volkanovski, Pereira.

• Cannonier, Holloway, Pereira.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
volk too quick with a lot of volume Holloway couldn't match him thought it'd be a more even fight. izzy and cannonier both seemed pretty cautious throughout the fight don't think either really suffered too much damage Izzy got the leg up in points. Looks like Izzy vs. Pereira is next both fighters did their part and got their wins & they have the whole story line set up. maybe they fight in October or November. If Volk moves up to 155 lb I'd probably like to see him go against Chandler, but hes probably going straight for the title shot don't know how he'd fair against Oliveira (or Islam if he ends up champ)
Hindsight is 20/20, but I didn't see Alex being able to exploit Max the way he did. Looking back at their first two fights, it was clear that Alex could get in and land shots with his explosive speed, but it wasn't what he replied upon. Almost like he didn't think he could just outclass Max, or maybe didn't realize it (for better wording). He came in, and believed in his speed and accuracy this time, and it showed. In many ways, it was a version of the final Fury/Wilder matchup, where after analyzing the data, it was just a matter of Fury not only believing in his skills, but betting on them. Alex bet on himself to the point of talking down to Max in the middle of the fight, and what a bet it was. I love Max and everything he's accomplished, but Alex is flat out better than him. He just needed to realize it himself. Dude looked clinical out there, and left no room for doubt.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Hindsight is 20/20, but I didn't see Alex being able to exploit Max the way he did. Looking back at their first two fights, it was clear that Alex could get in and land shots with his explosive speed, but it wasn't what he replied upon. Almost like he didn't think he could just outclass Max, or maybe didn't realize it (for better wording). He came in, and believed in his speed and accuracy this time, and it showed. In many ways, it was a version of the final Fury/Wilder matchup, where after analyzing the data, it was just a matter of Fury not only believing in his skills, but betting on them. Alex bet on himself to the point of talking down to Max in the middle of the fight, and what a bet it was. I love Max and everything he's accomplished, but Alex is flat out better than him. He just needed to realize it himself. Dude looked clinical out there, and left no room for doubt.

reminded me of Charles in his last fight against gaethje very confident in himself & high self-belief that he can't be beat it will be interesting to see him fight 155 still hasn't lost a UFC fight only loss was 9 years ago in his 4th professional fight out of 26 fights

Irobot82

Sean O'Mally pulled an Askren vs. Santos. Come on man.

Edit
Looking at the eye poke in slowmo again,it wasn't much of a poke.

Last edited:

mekes

Volk was super impressive. I hate on this guy for no real reason, probably because I like Max a lot. But Volk deserves his props from me, he fought an excellent fight all the way through.

Is Volk a better fighter in the cage than Izzy? Interested to hear some opinions on this. I think I now lean towards yes as I think he is still improving, whereas I'm not sure that Adesanya is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Adesanya might be the most boring champ ever. I've only seen a his latest fights but they are super boring. He does enough to win and doesnt get hit much.

Volks/Holloway fight was lopsided but at least those two fighters are always throwing punches in any fight they do.

Barbarena/Lawler fight good too. I dont know anything about Barbarena, but he has an odd way of fighting always throwing punches. And Lawler fights are always good because he prefers to brawl than run around the ring or do snorefest grappling.

Last edited:
gaJm7dZ.jpg

Gotta love Max

GymWolf

Gynosanya must be the most boring champion in the entire ufc right now

I love how he always talk the talk before the fight but never actually walk the walk when there is 5% of risk to take, what a clown.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I did see some people calling him Israel Woodley on Insta 🤣
Woodley at least could always ko out cold someone, if people doesn't lunge like idiots at lasagnya, he can't ko a basket of kittens to save his life.

Our only hope is for pereira to straight up destroy this guy in the next fight.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Adesanya probably will just go for points in his fights and just do enough to win so he can keep his belt and get those PPV points the opponent is going to have to be the aggressor and really push Izzy to bring out more of the dog in Izzy I feel like the last time he was really damaged was in the Gastelum fight lol hopefully Pereira will come forward and Izzy will match the pace and the next matchup might be more a barn burner he'll no longer have the height/reach advantage and Pereira will be able to match him in striking

I think Volk is probably the more exciting fighter to watch because hes usually the shorter guy and doesn't have any reach advantage he has to use his speed and come forward/be the aggressor to get on the inside to get his hits in and get out quickly

GymWolf

Adesanya probably will just go for points in his fights and just do enough to win so he can keep his belt and get those PPV points the opponent is going to have to be the aggressor and really push Izzy to bring out more of the dog in Izzy I feel like the last time he was really damaged was in the Gastelum fight lol hopefully Pereira will come forward and Izzy will match the pace and the next matchup might be more a barn burner he'll no longer have the height/reach advantage and Pereira will be able to match him in striking

I think Volk is probably the more exciting fighter to watch because hes usually the shorter guy and doesn't have any reach advantage he has to use his speed and come forward/be the aggressor to get on the inside to get his hits in and get out quickly
Nah, vettori was attacking constantly for 5 round and he still won because he leg kicked him from distance for 5 rounds.

I'm starting to think that the gastelum fight was a fluke.

Top Bottom