• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal

Covington or Masvidal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Each guy will get punched, age makes a difference and it feels like Masvidal had is 5 seconds of fame, Colby big night gets W.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
It's a really great card with some really potential FOTY contenders on it.

I see Colby taking this pretty easily if Masvidal can't finish in the first 2 rounds. Colby's wrestling and sheer punch volume can easily overwhelm 95% of the roster so Jorge has a long night ahead of him if his striking isn't precise and powerful from the get go.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Great card tonight. Impressive performance from Holland, seems 170 is really his weight class, with his frame and reach at 170, he could be a real problem for the division, an easy top 10 contender at any given time. Also, big shoutout to RDA, he looked sharp, strong and focused and completely dominated his fight. Great showing. Mitchell also looked amazing, I was really surprised how much he dominated his fight given his layoff. Great showing all around tonight.

Colby did exactly what I think most expected him to do and Masvidal had no answer for it. Colby finds himself in a rough spot though because chances are he won't get a title shot again until Usman loses/vacates the belt and that probably won't happen anytime soon. There's a few other good fights for him in the division and he easily retains that #1 contender spot. He defends that spot at least 1 more time and Dana will be forced to give him another chance at the title even if it is against Usman.

Last edited:

mekes

Levels. Have to respect the levels.

You could put Masvidal against most of his division and get a great performance. Just not against Colby or Usman. Those 2 are levels above at the moment.

Have to respect it. Sometimes just being one or 2 rungs above can count for dominance at the top of the division. Colby definitely has that in cardio, pace, willpower and his intelligence in the octagon over Masvidal.

paolo11

Great card tonight. Impressive performance from Holland, seems 170 is really his weight class, with his frame and reach at 170, he could be a real problem for the division, an easy top 10 contender at any given time. Also, big shoutout to RDA, he looked sharp, strong and focused and completely dominated his fight. Great showing. Mitchell also looked amazing, I was really surprised how much he dominated his fight given his layoff. Great showing all around tonight.

Colby did exactly what I think most expected him to do and Masvidal had no answer for it. Colby finds himself in a rough spot though because chances are he won't get a title shot again until Usman loses/vacates the belt and that probably won't happen anytime soon. There's a few other good fights for him in the division and he easily retains that #1 contender spot. He defends that spot at least 1 more time and Dana will be forced to give him another chance at the title even if it is against Usman.

I want to see him fight Kazmat. Also Usman is another level. I don’t see him losing at all on his prime.

GymWolf

So good to see masvidal manhandled like a bitch for 5 rounds, and drake losing money on it was just icing the cake, so good.

Impressive performance by mitchell, happy for him.

Top Bottom