• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gane

Ngannou or Gane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guy has super high fight iq; intelligent and a master tactician. ngannou rd 1 by KO

Ganes game is well balanced but Ngannou can end it with a left hook like he did with Stipe. Patience is the key for him, jab & no kicks unless it's at the end of a combo. Within 2 rounds sounds right.

Moreno with a sub win again.

GymWolf

I root for gane, if i want to see an heavyweight who jiggles his arms with power trying to catch something i would just watch a wilder fight...

You people talk like gane is not powerfull enough to ko anyone in that division...

chixdiggit

I find that boring, but that's me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Give me a slugfest anyday :
Lawler vs. MacDonald
Lamas vs. Holloway
Lawler vs. Carlos Condit

None of the best fights are getting shuteyes in 30 seconds.
I totally agree with you for every other weight class.
Just something different about the Heavyweight division though (for me).

Ballthyrm

I root for gane, if i want to see an heavyweight who jiggles his arms with power trying to catch something i would just watch a wilder fight...

You people talk like gane is not powerfull enough to ko anyone in that division...

Most if not all Heavyweight can KO each other out.
Power can erase the need for the perfect strike after a certain level.

Even Ngannou chin can't take a good placed strike by Gane.
Any leg kick that hits clean to the head and it can be over.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

Ngannou has a great back story and has learned so much from battling Stipe (literally the goat by titles and wins) and is a problem for anyone in the octagon. Sunday you’ll see headlines: Ngannou disarms opponent, still champion.​

mekes

Assuming both fighters turn up in the main event tonight.. I just have more faith in Ngannou touching Cyril than Cyril avoiding everything Ngannou throws. So my gut says Ngannou by knockdown and hammer fists.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Not sure about Pereira vs Fialho, but Pereira has been exciting to watch in the fights I’ve seen him in but he usually empties the tank in like the 1st or second round I’m rooting for him. I got Moreno over Figgy although Figgy has been training with Cejudo so you can’t count him out and I got Ngannou over Gane just because that power! But maybe Gane can touch him first and get a surprise KO.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
5m070za8gdd81.jpg

Carton

Rogan and DC putting way too much emphasis on the top position in that last round: Gane landed the strikes, got the takedown, attempted two submissions; Francis just held him down. Clear round for Gane in the 5th.

Last edited:

O-N-E

The above comments are pretty funny considering the results.

I was rooting for Gane by the way. Fair play to Francis, he managed the situation.

Carton

It was a good showing by both men. I thought Gane was just outworking him on the feet with good movement and more disciplined shots. Francis did amazingly well to completely flip the script on him in rounds 3 & 4 — his grappling was sharp, especially in view of his later disclosed injuries. Round 5 was Gane for me as above. I would score it 3-5 Gane, but appreciate rounds one and two were close.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Didn't expect Ngannou at all to win that way I thought it was going to be standing but I guess he had to switch it up because of his knees ?? congrats to Ngannou and why didn't dana put the belt on him ?? lol

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

It was a good showing by both men. I thought Gane was just outworking him on the feet with good movement and more disciplined shots. Francis did amazingly well to completely flip the script on him in rounds 3 & 4 — his grappling was sharp, especially in view of his later disclosed injuries. Round 5 was Gane for me as above. I would score it 3-5 Gane, but appreciate rounds one and two were close.

I think the judge were pretty on point.
Ngannou won the last 3 rounds with his grappling and he showed he was a more well rounded athlete.
His training to take on Stipe must have gone clutch.

Gane has gone the distance and was the only one we've seen so far being able to manage the distance and the power of Francis.
If he gets as good with his grappling as with his striking game, he will be one scary MOFO.(remember he started MMA 3 years ago)

If they get a rematch I think Francis wins again until we see improvement in Gane ground game.

Triple CCC helping Figgy with gameplan & heel work. Well deserved.

Ngannou had 4 rounds & his game is evolving, glad I was wrong. Chael in the house. Beta White not even with mad Woodley winning handover, sad, very sad.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Triple CCC helping Figgy with gameplan & heel work. Well deserved.

Ngannou had 4 rounds & his game is evolving, glad I was wrong. Chael in the house. Beta White not even with mad Woodley winning handover, sad, very sad.

Cyril could've and should've won, but made 2 massive mistakes: Firstly he should have worked Francis' legs harder in the second, because that would've prevented him from shooting so well deeper in the fight. Second, after he got the takedown in the 5th he should either have stalled for control time on top, or got up and tried to reset.

Fair play to Francis though. Fought well, fought smart and did what he needed to do. However I think both men realize that Gane had a real opportunity here to take the belt, just a lack of experience hurt him.

GymWolf

I love how the media is praising ngannou for being a bitch and just laying down on gane for 3 rounds without doing any damage and almost being submitted 2-3 times.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

I love how the media is praising ngannou for being a bitch and just laying down on gane for 3 rounds without doing any damage and almost being submitted 2-3 times.

Gane being so green on BJJ and Wrestling, it would have been embarassing for Ngannou TBH.

GymWolf

Gane being so green on BJJ and Wrestling, it would have been embarassing for Ngannou TBH.
He is not green, he tried a couple of submission but ngannou is just too physically strong to get submitted.

The fact that ngannou did zero damage on the ground is also proof that gane knows how to move and the positioning to not be hammered by punches, another lesser fighter would have his face caved in.

His big mistake was trying to close the match in the 5th round with a submission instead of laying down and doing nothing like ngannou did.

The hilarious thing is that people talk shit when you do like ngannou did but now they are shitting on gane because he tried to close the match...the irony is through the roof here.

In my eyes, gane won the match 3-2, he was definitely winning the 5th round before being on his back for 3 minutes where ngannou did fucking nothing except for breathing heavily, those are the fucking rules, both the weasle and mma guru think that gane won.

Ngannou is never gonna hit clean this guy in a rematch, i had doubt in the first fight but after seeing how superior he was i'm not worryed anymore.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

GymWolf GymWolf I'm not praising Ngannou here.
Gane has 3 years BJJ experience tops, so he is quite new at it.
If he goes training with the Gracie's for 6 month, I can't imagine what a killer he will become.

I agree with your assessment but in the end, I think It's better for Gane to lose in such a manner.
He didn't take any damage and he almost won, I think it will make him a way better fighter as we know he will think it over thoroughly.

Top Bottom