• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 266: Diaz vs. Lawler 2

Who wins the rematch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpiceRacz

Thanks for the thread MaestroMike MaestroMike

The Ortega/Volk fight should be great. I think Volk is going to decision Ortega.

A few things about the Diaz fight - Diaz really needs to just get past the first few minutes and he'll likely win a decision. Robbie's taken a lot of punishment and he just seems to have fallen off hard the past few years.

People on Reddit and elsewhere are speculating Diaz is showing up out of shape based on this clip:

Personally, I don't see it. I expect him to still have great cardio and we've seen Robbie fade. Then again, Nick could come out and look like shit. This is a weird fight.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

What a great card. Love both Diaz and Lawler. Don't want to see either of them lose.

Some predictions:
  • Volk beats T-City by decision. I am not counting Ortega out though. He very well could get it done here. Should be a great match.
  • Bullet whoops the shit out of Murphy by TKO. I mean come on. It will be a miracle if Murphy wins this.
  • Diaz beats Ruthless Robbie by submission. Honestly this is a coin flip for me. Too much unknown with Diaz being so inactive. I think Robbie pieces him up first two rounds but Diaz cardio takes over the remaining three rounds. If this was a 3 round fight I would say Lawler.
  • Razer Blaydes beats Biggi Boy by TKO (ground and Pound).
  • Andrade demolishes Cavillo by TKO Won't even be close.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I don't really like ortega but he was highly impressive against korean zombie, he has a good chance to get the belt imo, but i root for volka.

Bullet is gonna murder poor murphy.

Don't really care about modern lawler vs 6 year away from the cage diaz tbh, so i hope for a double ko just for the spectacle.

blades is gonna wrestle fuck and probably submit\G&P jairzinho.

Unless moraes returned what he was once, i have merab winning a decision and dan hooker winning over haqparast, hopefully i'm wrong since i'm a shitty person and i enjoy when bitchsanya's squadmates get blasted in the shadow realm...also haqparast looks like a small gastelum and he gets sympathy points just for that alone :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
I'm already way the hell more interested in Diaz now that he appears to be dropping that stupid thug/gangsta/badass shit. It's always been such a turn off. I used to feel the same about his younger brother but I think he's more tolerable these days. Nick however really just came off like an asshole.

Hope he follows through with the improved attitude.

GymWolf

One day i'm gonna understand the charme of the diaz brother, but yesterday press conference was not that day, and this come from a ganja lover...

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Guy is 38 and hasnt fought in 7 years. He should be undercarding for Anderson Silva vs Evander Holyfield 2.
E_7zrgcUYAA5qvC

guy gone lost his mind

E_7zrgcUYAA5qvC

guy gone lost his mind
He's still under contract which is crazy to me. He should be a free agent & chasing those prize fights like Silva, but after reading about ufc contract negotiations & extensions its no wonder.

Testosterone-City didn't like it. Hope Volk is calm in this & that the tuf stuff doesn't wind him up in the fight, or Ortega has a chance.

Lauren + bullet doesn't equal anything nice for Lauren. 125 & above lacking in contention. Needs time.

Card is stacked to shit, prelims not bad either.

manfestival

Thanks for the thread MaestroMike MaestroMike

The Ortega/Volk fight should be great. I think Volk is going to decision Ortega.

A few things about the Diaz fight - Diaz really needs to just get past the first few minutes and he'll likely win a decision. Robbie's taken a lot of punishment and he just seems to have fallen off hard the past few years.

People on Reddit and elsewhere are speculating Diaz is showing up out of shape based on this clip:

Personally, I don't see it. I expect him to still have great cardio and we've seen Robbie fade. Then again, Nick could come out and look like shit. This is a weird fight.

The comments on that instagram post are golden. I saw this the other day while scrolling IG and was in tears. Lawler has this by TKO or KO. Funny how Diaz/Lawler has more attention than the main event.

Volkanovski vs Ortega: Both fighters are at the top of the game. Ortega came back in a strong way after he got torched by Holloway some time back. Hard to say but if I am to make a call then I would put my money on Volkanovski but it is hard to say.
Shevchenko V Murphy: Vegas odds say it all. Shevchenko early TKO
Blaydes vs Jair: This is going to be the upset of the night. I know Curtis is the favorite but I am calling this a TKO win by Jair.
Andrade vs Cavillo: Andrade wins by KO round 1.

mekes

Nick Diaz to win in his own mind via disrespecting the opponent with taunts and offensive hand gestures. But ultimately losing the decision, prompting him to call other fighters "bitches" and call for rule changes.

If the opponent wasn't Robbie Lawler I would say that is 99% likely how it would go.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
What does tampering with a vehicle means?!

I guess maybe like removing something from the vehicle like a tire

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I feel like volk maybe burned a good amount of energy getting hyped trying to sell the fight ortega was more calm so that might be a disadvantage come fight time for volk. Can't bet against shevchenko and for diaz/lawler I read that he always acts this way during fight week before his fights I feel like he has some tricks up his sleeve but he hasn't fought for years and then you have dominick cruz saying ring rust isn't real lol both guys were totally calm hopefully we get a storm tonight don't have a favorite for this one. I'm pretty excited hope business is good

Biff

Wtf the Diaz Lawler fight is 5 rounds?

Diaz is going to get embarrassed. You can see it on his face. GSP looked like shit in his return after 2yrs, and he is essentially the most disciplined athlete in UFC history (says a lot about Bisping that he won). How anyone can be confident in Nick Munchies Diaz is absolutely insane to me. Especially after watching the Embeddeds this week.

Don't worry though, he'll be back again soon on a Triller stream near you.

Prove me wrong Nick :(

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Diaz moving like an 80 year old man. Bu his punches are hitting Lawler's head.

For a guy constantly juking and jiving his head, Lawler cant avoid Diaz's slo-mo punches.

Last edited:

dem

Diaz looked kind of disinterested…
Just so mellow..

Is Diaz just looking for a Paul fight?

Last edited:

Biff

Seemed like he was trying to say something about his management forcing him to fight?

He clearly wasn't prepared, wasn't in proper shape, looked extremely stressed. This is a man who thought he retired from the sport forever.

Pure speculation but maybe there was some fine print that meant he had to fight or else lose a shit ton of money from some old contract? Get sued for non-performance? I dunno but there's a bigger story here.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Diaz had enough. Why go toe to toe. Retire.
Needed a pay cheque.

Guy looked terrible. Super slow and flabby.

He did land a ton of head shots on Lawler, but that was more of Lawler not giving a shit an bulldozing his way in. If Diaz fought someone who actually wanted to avoided punches, Diaz probably wouldnt even hand half his shots he did on Lawler.

If you look at a video of their first fight long time ago, Lawler looks just as fresh. Just older and a shaved head. Diaz looks like a dad who got up from the couch and he lost 50% of his mobility and speed.

Carton

Shevchenko is straight out of a video game; cute, textbook clean technique and a graceful celebration dance. Great champion.

Edit: and she’s translated to multiple regions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom