• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's new battle royale Hyper Scape fixes many frustrations with the genre

Now you're dead, and you have to wait to be revived? No, instead you become an "echo," and can still explore the map, practice your movement, communicate with your team, and even ping locations.
What the fuck this seems OP as hell

Not sure how it is OP, considering every player has access to it whenever they die, and it's just how the game works. If it was an ability that had to be found in the game or something, I agree that would be very OP.

If there may have been some confusion as to how revives work. Players don't just instantly jump back into the game when there is a kill. The echo has to go to the location where a player was killed, and the revive takes a few seconds leaving your teammate vulnerable. It's a lot like other BR revives, only it's not limited by revive tokens, and requires a certain degree of participation from the player who is getting revived.

FatalT1

Banned
This game is a piece of shit and I loathe the Friday I wasted playing it for a few hours. I could’ve spent that time playing Apex Legends, Modern Warfare, Fortnite, or hell even WARFACE. Cross play for Apex Legends needs to hurry up but “Fall” is a broad spectrum. Fortnite is fun until you finish your challenges (at least to me), and Modern Warfare is getting a little stale with the same map and no alterations.

Tesseract

Banned
excellent game, good enough to dethrone apex and it's still in beta

analysis by LegendOfKage LegendOfKage is adequate, speaks to montreal's efforts to merge arena shooting with battle royale

kinda confused by some of the takes itt

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Honestly I hope it does. Some new experience is what I crave.
this is a new experience, fast and relentless in ways other shooters are not

firefights encourage higher order thinking and decision making; thoroughness, clarity, sound judgment, logic, so forth

mechanical complexity just as good, reminds me of the quake or unreal days

excellent game, good enough to dethrone apex and it's still in beta

analysis by LegendOfKage LegendOfKage is adequate, speaks to montreal's efforts to merge arena shooting with battle royale

kinda confused by some of the takes itt
Wow Mr Apex is saying it's good. Maybe I'll take a look then. Kinda dismissed it due to the negative takes in here but perhaps I should give it a go.

Top Bottom