• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft will allow free upgrade to next gen version of Far Cry 6

martino

They wanted to charge 89€, if you wanted to play Horizon Forbidden West on both, PS4 and PS5.
Luckily they thought again about that decision...
yes, forbidden west trial ballon was something else...
And yes ubisoft is doing good here...i had forgotten how bad console day one MSRP price are. it's my bad

T-Cake

Are we ever going to get Ubisoft Connect on the consoles? I'd rather pay another £10 subscription on the odd month than buy these games. :p

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Ubisoft games seem to drop fast too, probably be able to get it for ~£40 at or near launch (I got Watch_Dogs for £35.99 and Immortals for £33.99 near launch).

John Wick

You know shits bad when Ubisoft don’t charge you for something……Sony apologisers will just keep bending over and taking it
Lol true. I mean their developers need to get paid don't they? They do the free PS5 patches(where they unlock the framerate).
Sony truly #4theplayers.

John Wick

I think all developers and publishers should band together and just charge Sony customers the £10 for the PS4 to PS5 upgrade. Everyone else should get it free. This way it will normalise Sony's actions and rip off practises and let the defenders and apologists enjoy paying Sony the extra money? Afterall their developers deserve to get paid for their hardwork.

wipeout364

I’m fine paying for remasters and stuff but Sony’s stand on this is complete garbage. There is no way they can justify releasing a game the same day(PS5 and PS4 versions) and charging more for the PS5 version. Honestly they should just be the assholes they want to be and raise the PS4 game price and justify it by saying it includes the PS5 version.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yepp, Ubisoft announced the free Upgrade of FarCry6 together with those upgrades last year, even before the PS5/XSX were even released.
Sony 2020: Horizon FW will get a free upgrade
Sony 2021: There isn't a Horizon FW free upgrade. Buy separate copies or the combo edition for $80
Sony 2021: Oops. You got us. We didn't think anyone would remember a year old blog. Horizon FW will get a free upgrade

UBI 2020: FC6 will get a free upgrade
UBI 2021: FC6 will still get a free upgrade. What's the problem? Seems easy to honour it

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Unexpected good guy Ubisoft!

Cross buy games and free next gen updates on For Honor, Siege, Breakpoint, Odyssey...

mad men surprise GIF

I'm playing through FC5 on the PS5 and it needs 60fps, pls Ubi I beg, new dawn too

Concern

Sony 2020: Horizon FW will get a free upgrade
Sony 2021: There isn't a Horizon FW free upgrade. Buy separate copies or the combo edition for $80
Sony 2021: Oops. You got us. We didn't think anyone would remember a year old blog. Horizon FW will get a free upgrade

UBI 2020: FC6 will get a free upgrade
UBI 2021: FC6 will still get a free upgrade. What's the problem? Seems easy to honour it

Technically its not free tho. They just bumped the Ps4 version of Horizon to $69.99 lol how pathetic is that

Lupin25

If it’s a simple upgrade of resolution/framerate then it’s obvious why it’s free. Good, in that case.

Whitecrow

Banned
Here to remind that the PS4 version already have the 10$+ price increase.
There's nothing 'good' to see here. Move on.

Top Bottom