• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft sent Russian Far Cry 6 discs to the UK and PS5 users can't upgrade the PS4 version

Certinty

Apparently it's not the first time they've done this and it seems in the past it's taken up to two months to fix? A lot of complaints already on Twitter. The box of these copies are UK ones as well, it's just the discs which are seemingly Russian ones.

But either way what an embarrassing shitshow if not fixed soon, PS5 owners with the PS4 version of the game in the UK have no way of downloading the PS5 version unless purchasing the game again at the moment.

Burger

They did this on Valhalla. You had to go and make a Turkish PSN account, pop the disc in and the upgrade was available for download, switch back to the main account.

NeoGiffer

@ubisoft

gordon-ramsay-idiot-sandwich.gif

Mr Moose

Probably because if you've still got a PS4 you can play both versions, you can't if you buy the PS5 version.

For Ragnorak, GT7 and Forbidden West I'll be buying the PS4 disc as I still have a PS4 Pro on another TV.
Yup, I normally buy the PS4 versions if they come with a free upgrade. There's no reason not to unless you like a white header saying PS5 or PS5 version is cheaper (Though I did buy the PS5 version of Like a Dragon and I think they were the same price).
I can lend them to family when I am done with them.

Region Coding is still a thing?
I thought that practice was a thing of the past.
The discs themselves are region free…it’s actually Sony’s issue here

You try and download a dlc from another region outside of the account you are playing on it won’t work…some games also lock the dlc to the disc region

I used to import Xbox games and buy the dlc from other regions with no issues

The discs themselves are region free…it’s actually Sony’s issue here

You try and download a dlc from another region outside of the account you are playing on it won’t work…some games also lock the dlc to the disc region

I used to import Xbox games and buy the dlc from other regions with no issues
Sonys issue.😂🤣

Sony is not the bad guy If Ubicrap doesn't get their Shit together.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Why would PS5 owners buy the PS4 version? The PS5 disc version is the same price at nearly all retailers..
I don't get this either. What % of the market for this game have a PS4 and PS5 and bought the PS4 version? What is the use case? Sharing the disk across 2 systems and 2 roommates?

Hinedorf

Banned
Why anybody would pay full price for a farcry game is the real mystery here. Once they've established their iron clad 70's metacritic score you should be able to pick it up for 20$. Sure it's still not worth 20$ but this is a company rife with bullshit that's been copy/pasting their games for well over a decade.

Top Bottom